MMA Fighters You Used To Like

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Fighters You Used To Like
Next Page »
89vision
6/23/08 1:22:35PM
For me its...

Chuck Liddell - Ever since his 1st fight with Couture
Matt Serra - Ever since he was a coach on TUF
Takanori Gomi - Ever since the Diaz fight
Tito Ortiz - Ever since getting run over by Couture
Royce Gracie - Ever since the 1st Sakuraba fight
Ken Shamrock - Ever since the 1st Ortiz fight

I know I'm missing some but these come to mind
aaa9erh8er
6/23/08 1:36:29PM
tim silvia-after he started making excuses for every loss
Mattchoo
6/23/08 1:46:41PM
Phil Baroni - Ever since he became the best ever.

Ken Shamrock - Just because he knows fine well he is the most dangerous man in the world. He deliberately loses just so the other guy can live.
holt8081
6/23/08 1:52:09PM
Tito-hes a big baby know.
emfleek
6/23/08 2:15:33PM
Randy Couture

I think we all know why.
Twenty20Dollars
6/23/08 2:21:03PM
bisping- i liked him on TUF, but ever since that hamill fight i can't stand him.

Ken Shamrock- after he showed he couldnt coach on TUF and losses to ortiz in the same fashion.
Khaos
6/23/08 3:22:51PM
Allen Berube-Because of his constant "Monsta Lobsta" plugs

Brandon Vera-Because of his poor sportsmanship after his losses

Diego Sanchez-Since the UFC 69 Koscheck fight
Raykill
6/23/08 3:23:03PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

bisping- i liked him on TUF, but ever since that hamill fight i can't stand him.

Ken Shamrock- after he showed he couldnt coach on TUF and losses to ortiz in the same fashion.

Ken was my favorite, even in losing. But the way he showed himself on TUF, that was it for me. So sad..
jiujitsufreak74
6/23/08 3:46:36PM
Matt Hughes- i was a fan of his until i got to know his personality on TUF 2. i was put off by the way he carried himself and then on TUF 5 i actually started to hate him. the guy is just a stereotypical pompous jock who pushes his religion on people.

Aaronno9
6/23/08 3:49:03PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Matt Hughes- i was a fan of his until i got to know his personality on TUF 2. i was put off by the way he carried himself and then on TUF 5 i actually started to hate him. the guy is just a stereotypical pompous jock who pushes his religion on people.

Reading his book made me dislike him a little more to. After his lost to alves though he was very humble about it which i liked.
emfleek
6/23/08 3:54:37PM
I don't think Hughes "pushed" his religion on to anybody. I think he put the offer out on the table and gave people the opportunity to read up and educate themselves on it. He didn't force anyone to do it. It's not like he refused to train with the guys that chose not to read it.

That being said...I *do* think he's a douchebag.
89vision
6/23/08 4:32:26PM

Posted by emfleek

I don't think Hughes "pushed" his religion on to anybody. I think he put the offer out on the table and gave people the opportunity to read up and educate themselves on it. He didn't force anyone to do it. It's not like he refused to train with the guys that chose not to read it.

educate themselves on it?.... so your saying religion is fact? or educating yourself on the fairy tales that are religions
emfleek
6/23/08 4:52:46PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by emfleek

educate themselves on it?.... so your saying religion is fact? or educating yourself on the fairy tales that are religions

To those who are religious, it *is* fact. I'm not saying it's fact or fiction. I don't attend church and I don't practice any sort of religion so I honestly couldn't care any less about his beliefs.

Just look at it from his perspective. He found God and feels that it's a great thing and wants others to feel how he feels.

It's not like he's laying down the law and saying, "Believe what I believe or you will go to hell."

I can't stand Bible thumpers. However, in this case, I don't believe Hughes was doing any thumping, personally.

Others may disagree, and that's fine. You have my permission.
backalley101
6/23/08 5:17:48PM
Diaz brothers so sick of the gangbang attitude
iwannabesedated
6/23/08 5:24:55PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 89vision

Posted by emfleek

To those who are religious, it *is* fact. I'm not saying it's fact or fiction. I don't attend church and I don't practice any sort of religion so I honestly couldn't care any less about his beliefs.

Just look at it from his perspective. He found God and feels that it's a great thing and wants others to feel how he feels.

It's not like he's laying down the law and saying, "Believe what I believe or you will go to hell."

I can't stand Bible thumpers. However, in this case, I don't believe Hughes was doing any thumping, personally.

Others may disagree, and that's fine. You have my permission.

Nice...

My grandfather was a preacher..and i say was because he passed away a few years ago..He never really pushed religion upon anyone..He just welcomed people to it...Wether or not religions and god(s) exist..It doesnt really matter to me..as long as people want to believe in something that makes their life better and helps them out..im all for it....

But to be on Topic......Bisping i didnt mind him on the show since then i havent cared much for him..Randy like you said for obvious reasons.I used to try and like Tim Sylvia just to be that guy who likes the guy that no one else likes..But i found it hard to do and stopped.
rabbit915
6/23/08 6:17:42PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I just got sick of the hype machine behind him. Maybe its not his fault but i just cant cheer for him anymore.

Kpro
6/23/08 7:14:48PM
Randy Couture for getting the most undeserving title shot in UFC history and proceeding to refuse to fight the top HW's in the organization by breaching his contract thus robbing fans of potential top notch fights.
89vision
6/23/08 7:35:53PM

Posted by backalley101

all ive heard from you is F the diaz brothers, i find it hard to believe you liked them at one point, you just wanna bash them for the 500th time, bravo
casketcoin
6/23/08 8:26:38PM
karo parisyan- ever since i heard him talk
forrest- crying( baby crying)
forrest again for laughing and nut hugging with hughes and sherk after GSP loss
rashad -as soon as he wiped his forehead after kicking the life out of salmon
Kpro
6/23/08 8:41:46PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by backalley101

all ive heard from you is F the diaz brothers, i find it hard to believe you liked them at one point, you just wanna bash them for the 500th time, bravo

A huge chunk of your posts, backalley, are simply to turn every thread you post in into bashing the Diaz bro's.

It is getting old.
backalley101
6/23/08 9:29:28PM
I never once bashed the Diaz brothers. I just don't like them. If I feel like posting 100 times about not liking the Diaz brothers, then that is my privilege. It is just my opinion, and if you don't like it then too bad bro. At one time, I did like the Diaz brothers, because I live right by Stockton. But, like I said, I do not think they have any honor or respect. So, whatever.
Gipper
6/23/08 10:05:50PM
you decide to not like fighters because they lose
liddell?
gomi?
shamrock?
ortiz?
gracie?
89vision
6/24/08 1:39:10AM

Posted by Gipper

you decide to not like fighters because they lose
liddell?
gomi?
shamrock?
ortiz?
gracie?

Liddell - thought he was the best at one time and then he got owned by randy and quinton, then i noticed most of his wins were against wrestlers and that the UFC was feeding him stylistic wins

Gomi - he was a dominate pride champ and i didnt like how some of his fights werent title fights and others were, then he has a non title fight against diaz and gets outclassed and gassed, then tries to go to the ref to stop the fight cus of nicks cuts just to get a win

Shamrock - i didnt like the way he conducted himself about the whole tito ortiz fiasco

Ortiz - used to be a fan of his, he didnt talk so much back in the day and just fought, then he started to duck liddell and started to get a bigger mouth

Gracie - well, i guess i used to think he was the greatest but the delusion of his greatness was shot down by better competition, like saku and hughes
Mayhem13
6/24/08 2:11:16AM
Forrest- Like him on the show and for awhile after...but he kind of seems like a dick sometimes now...and something about him gets onmy nerves.

Randy- Cares too much about the money, and not enough about the sport anymore...atleast it seems that way

Fedor- nothing against him...his fans pretty much ruined him for me...I just want to see him lose already so everyone will realize he is not a cyborg
Scott_Revels
6/24/08 2:16:48AM
Tito Ortiz, Nick Diaz, Gabriel Gonzaga, Jason MacDonald, GSP, and Karo Parisyan.
89vision
6/24/08 2:29:52AM

Posted by backalley101

I never once bashed the Diaz brothers. I just don't like them. If I feel like posting 100 times about not liking the Diaz brothers, then that is my privilege. It is just my opinion, and if you don't like it then too bad bro. At one time, I did like the Diaz brothers, because I live right by Stockton. But, like I said, I do not think they have any honor or respect. So, whatever.

all i have to do is check your past posts and i can find a bashing of the diaz's, you go ahead and bash away but dont you come into a thread about fighters you used to like when clearly thats not the case, nobody likes a liar who wont admit defeat

oh so you used to like them because they are from stockton? ... tool

woooooo lets cheer for the guy cus hes "from here" yeah woooooooo
NatedawgThaM
6/24/08 2:36:47AM
Tito Ortiz- Yeah I use to ride that nuthugger bandwagon. But I got off once I realized he ain't good anymore. That's probably part of the reason why I've never really liked Chuck, that and his stylistically easy wins. But drifting away from Tito has at least made me entertain the idea of becoming a Chuck fan even though I've always liked his fights.

Mike Bisping- Mostly because of UFC 75. I liked him on TUF3, but The way he got his ass whooped, got a gift decision, and then taunted Hamil. But I'm starting to forgive though and startin' to like him at 185 since he's been humble since.

Pitbull09
6/24/08 4:02:31AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

tim silvia-after he started making excuses for every loss

Sylvia after in an interview with Rogan says he plans to keep the title for the rest of his career til retirement. How can you be that cocky. Randy challenged Tim's arrogance

I started to like Couture however as soon as he punched Sylvia in the face in the first 5 seconds of their fight
backalley101
6/24/08 5:30:36AM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by backalley101

all i have to do is check your past posts and i can find a bashing of the diaz's, you go ahead and bash away but dont you come into a thread about fighters you used to like when clearly thats not the case, nobody likes a liar who wont admit defeat

oh so you used to like them because they are from stockton? ... tool

woooooo lets cheer for the guy cus hes "from here" yeah woooooooo

Pookie
6/24/08 5:56:40AM

Posted by backalley101

Calling Nate Diaz a Wannabe thug is bashing Nate Diaz... or is it not?
Pages: [1] 2