MMA fighter Sergio Salcido killed, friend says MMA industry partially to blame

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA fighter Sergio Salcido killed, friend says MMA industry partially to blame
Rabi
4/5/11 2:37:26PM
Mixed-martial-arts fighter Sergio Salcido and his friend and coworker, Kevin Joel Romero, were killed early Monday morning at a border crossing in Tijuana, Mexico.

The Americans were gunned down while sitting in a pickup truck at the San Ysidro border crossing on the way to their jobs at West Coast Beverage Maintenance in San Diego.

Link
Budgellism
4/5/11 4:04:34PM
That's awful that he was killed at such a young age but I don't really see how anyone can blame mma for this.
grappler0000
4/5/11 4:56:47PM

Posted by Budgellism

That's awful that he was killed at such a young age but I don't really see how anyone can blame mma for this.

I agree. I'm sure he was frustrated with his situation, but there are far better reasons at play than the industry failing him. Not everybody is cut out for MMA...bottom line.
bigox420
4/5/11 10:28:04PM
I fail to see how MMA had anything to do with 2 men getting gunned down at the boarder. Not to mention they were in a company truck going to work for a beverage company.
Sir_Karl
4/5/11 10:46:03PM
MMA is the blame? How about the people who broke their promises? They are to blame...and these people certainly don't encompass or represent all of MMA. Not to mention he was a grown man who made his own decisions. It is a terrible tragedy but I wouldn't blame "MMA".
RearNakedJoke
4/5/11 11:45:33PM
He sounds like a guy who really didnt believe in himself and wanted a hand out. I dont see how he was forced to move to Mexico.

There is likely more to this story. Why were he and his coworker targeted?

Edit: just found this. dont know how reliable it is.

"UPDATE 10:30 am CDT: Fox News is reporting that officials believe this was not a random killing and theorize that Luna-Moon and Romero were moving drugs and something went wrong with the deal (and say a small amount of some illegal drug was found in the truck). What a shame. I hope these men have not been smeared without cause."

LINK
jgtribbett
4/6/11 9:07:43AM
Bad biz decisions aren't the industry's fault. Sad story though.