MMA Fans Spoiled???!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Fans Spoiled???!!!
NatedawgThaM
6/4/08 2:41:51AM
No, not with all the bad ass cards coming up. That's absolutely great with no downside too it really.

Just are they spoiled when it comes to the actual fights or are they just stupid, ignorant, and/or so uneducated about the sport? I mean it's absolutely mind blowing and annoying how much fans boo fights now-a-days. I mean, not even bad fights like Starnes-Quarry or Lister/Marquardt. These stupid fans are booing great fights like Robbie Lawler and Scott Smith?

WHY WERE THEY BOOING DURING THAT FIGHT!!!??? That fight was absolutely crazy. Had that fight ended properly, that would have easily IMO been the fight of the weekend. I mean yeah, boo the ending since Scott Smith even knew he was ok. But why boo during the fight? Then they boo'd during the 1st WEC fight Sunday night, the rematch between those two lightweights. It wasn't even a bad fight. They were technically kickboxing. Sorry it wasn't Kimbo/Tank.

I mean damn, why do so many boo these good fights? I think these retards are spoiled or need to stop drinking so much and actually learn how the sport is done. Your not in the bar next to your friends telling your one friend to fight the person giving you dirty looks across the bar. These people train 3-4 months in kickboxing, wrestling, jujitsu, not to mention they have to cut weight and train cardio. It's absolutely stupid and irritating. I mean damn, not every fight is going to be Rampage/Chuck 1 or Wandy/Chuck. Or any Wandy or Chuck fight. If you want to see those fights 8 times repeated on every single card, why not just rent those DVD's with them on it or download them on the internet? Plus that gets stale and boring itself too in every single fight.

Thoughts?
chubbud22
6/4/08 3:01:15AM
I was thinking the same thing during that Lawler Smith fight; there was no need what so ever to boo that fight. The people you can hear booing are probably drunk rich dudes that can afford those seats up close, but know nothing about MMA.
Kpro
6/4/08 3:06:17AM
We are a boo crazy country.

As avid fans, we all would like to see fighters get treated the way they should; as skilled fighters with grapefruit-sized cojones that shouldn't be disrespected win or lose.

The best way I've found to describe it is it's all in the mindset of your expectations.

You and I would buy a $160 ticket and we're paying for the technical skill displayed throughout 10 fights that will give us about 80 minutes of fighting.

Our money spent is justified by $2 per minute (of 80 minutes of fighting); dead action can be athletic chess.

The majority of fans pay their $160 to see hopefully 4 or more knockouts.

Their money spent is only justified by $40 per knockout.

It's impossible to ask, but if all fans educated themselves on the strategy of mixed martial arts, they'd be a $2 per minute fan and not a $40 per knockout fan.

CornishMMA
6/4/08 6:56:44AM
Well i always thought that was the case Kpro, that yankyland was just a boo country but the last UFC in the UK was pretty shameful for boos, lets see how this one goes

But while its true theres alot of unneccasary boos they dont ever come from REAL and SOBER MMA FANS imho
KYGUY07
6/4/08 2:14:02PM
Idk why some of the fans boo the way they do, I think its ridiculous when 2 guys go out and give you everything they have and then stupid fans boo them, when most of the fans couldnt get in there and do half of what these fighters do
Aaronno9
6/4/08 2:44:17PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Well i always thought that was the case Kpro, that yankyland was just a boo country but the last UFC in the UK was pretty shameful for boos, lets see how this one goes

But while its true theres alot of unneccasary boos they dont ever come from REAL and SOBER MMA FANS imho

Rapid fire wasnt bad for booing at all, most of the fights didnt even last long enough to get booed. The only time their was booing was when sherk got in the cage at the end after b.j was talking smack. And that wasnt like disrespectful of sherks skills, it was more pantomime (sp?) becouse everybody loves penn and sherks stock was in total decline becouse of the roids.

Still, it is annoying when fans boo. Smith vs lawler might not be the best example, just becouse it was a kimbo card. Most of the fans where probably just their to see kimbo dropping some bombs, i bet most of them didnt even know who the likes or lawler and JT where.

End of the day though, if somebody is willing to pay $100+ dollars for a ticket then i guess if they want to boo theres not much you can do about it. Just makes them look like idiots becouse their paying towards the cheque of whoever it is their so appauled by they need to express it. Idiots.
EON
6/4/08 2:54:50PM
it seems cards can never "stack up" to the monster cards and when they dont people bitch and whine about matchups, but the spoiled ones are the ones who want blood all the time, the ones who always want continued standup and boo professional fighters, ive even heard boo's in the middle of exchanges, im sickened by about 80% of MMA fans with the exception of Japanese fans, thats how you should act at an event, cheering, oooo's and ahhh's...booing should be rare if at all
Rush
6/4/08 7:31:17PM

Posted by EON

but the spoiled ones are the ones who want blood all the time,

Like this tool? It's people like these that turn me off to live MMA events.

Something that shocks me is that I actually see people with beer BOTTLES at UFC events. Nothing like giving potential weapons to drunk people jacked up on testosterone from watching people beat the hell out of each other.
bobbydoomocculta
6/5/08 12:48:52AM
HAHAHA... The "just bleed man"... That footage is always getting dusted off paraded around for one thng or another... I reckon he deserve's a "where are they now feature"...

That and a Cro Cop left leg...
Bemin
6/5/08 4:34:16AM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

That and a Cro Cop left leg...

Oh now thats just mean. Mean, but funny.
89vision
6/5/08 5:00:07AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by EON

but the spoiled ones are the ones who want blood all the time,

Like this tool? It's people like these that turn me off to live MMA events.

Something that shocks me is that I actually see people with beer BOTTLES at UFC events. Nothing like giving potential weapons to drunk people jacked up on testosterone from watching people beat the hell out of each other.

i just noticed the guy behind the tard to the right is smoking....i bet it was weed
jiujitsufreak74
6/5/08 5:25:09AM
this is why i like to watch events in Japan. it is ridiculous at some of the fights fans boo at. it drives me crazy. last weekend they would boo if the fight had 5 sec worth of no punching. it just gets under my skin and i totally see where you are coming from. American fans piss me off and i am honestly ashamed that i share this country with complete imbeciles. i wish every fan could be like the Japanese fans, so respectable and just enjoying the fact that they can witness such a great sport.
bobbydoomocculta
6/5/08 7:05:38PM

i just noticed the guy behind the tard to the right is smoking....i bet it was weed

HAHA... it sure looks like it... the way it loops right as he takes the drag and and he kinda wobbles... F*ckin' awesome...
bls1919
6/5/08 8:43:09PM
the people that boo to fights like that, or any fight for that matter, have no respect for the sport or probably any understanding of it in the least. Unless maybe a fight like Kalib Starns last one. Those who boo two men putting it all out there weather it be on the feet or on the graound are classless

EDIT: Not all fighters are houston Alexander, who either thows KO bombs or blocks said bombs with his chin