MMA event July 26th

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA event July 26th
Jerry0869
7/18/08 12:40:06AM
Attention!!!!

See the very best in MMA action. Elite XC is having a spectacular card for July 26th. If you want entertainment you don’t have to look any further than Elite XC. They have the best fighters and the best action of any other MMA company. Tune in to Showtime and CBS on July 26th to see for yourself. Three title matches including a rematch of Robbie Lawler against Scott Smith highlight the card along with a women’s match. You cannot miss this huge event if you are an MMA fan. If you are not a fan of MMA, you will be after experiencing this phenomenon brought to you by Elite XC. <http://fight.proelite.com/cbs-elitexc-lawler-vs-smith-2-tickets.html>

Robbie Lawler vs Scott Smith
Nick Diaz vs Thomas Denny
Jake Shields vs Nick Thompson
Shayna Baszler vs Cristiane Cyborg
Antonio Silva vs Justin Eilers
Wilson Reis vs Brian Caraway
Quasar
7/18/08 12:43:48AM
Wow, this card should have been the primetime opener, Smith vs Lawler deserves headliner over Kimbo vs 50% win record guy.
pv3Hpv3p
7/18/08 1:25:26AM
This card looks pretty dope...

I don't usually get tooo into women's MMA, but I hope Cristiane Cyborg smokes Baszler... I think she'll put up a good fight against Gina, who while is pretty impressive hasn't really seemed to be tested as of yet... It would make for a really good title fight IMO

And Thompson is a hometown boy, I actually work with his dad... Hope he puts on a good show and pulls the upset against Sheilds (no easy task)

Kinda wish Diaz woulda got a tougher opponent than Denny, but it should be a good fight... Anyone know if he's still fighting Sakurai in WVR (or was it Dream?)
Quasar
7/18/08 4:03:36AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I don't usually get tooo into women's MMA, but I hope Cristiane Cyborg smokes Baszler... I think she'll put up a good fight against Gina, who while is pretty impressive hasn't really seemed to be tested as of yet... It would make for a really good title fight IMO

And Thompson is a hometown boy, I actually work with his dad... Hope he puts on a good show and pulls the upset against Sheilds (no easy task)

Kinda wish Diaz woulda got a tougher opponent than Denny, but it should be a good fight... Anyone know if he's still fighting Sakurai in WVR (or was it Dream?)

I think his contract with Elite is going to hold that off (pretty sure it was dream idk) who knows if that will ever happen, I kinda hope it dosnt on the count of I want them both to win.
RNC
7/18/08 6:13:18AM
Robbie Lawler vs Scott Smith should be an exciting fight.
scoozna
7/18/08 9:13:58AM
Is it just me or does it sound like the TS works for EliteXC ?
DCRage
7/18/08 9:45:24AM
Either that or for someone/some group/site that's selling tickets to the event.
pv3Hpv3p
7/18/08 10:32:37AM

Posted by Quasar

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I think his contract with Elite is going to hold that off (pretty sure it was dream idk) who knows if that will ever happen, I kinda hope it dosnt on the count of I want them both to win.

It seems like EliteXC and the other organizations realize that it's a good idea not to lock down their fighters like the UFC does, if anything just so they can compete with the dominating org...

I am a huge fan of both fighters as well, but would still love to see this fight... It would be sick, but I don't know who the hell I'd pick???