MMA DVD Recomendations

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA DVD Recomendations
hotrodttt
1/1/08 3:28:28AM
Hey Everybody, I've been getting some pm's of people asking me what MMA DVD's I would recommend so I'm going to list my top 5 DVD's that I enjoy the most.

Happy New Years !

1. Pride 17- Championship Chaos - This was the first MMA Event I saw and it was great, Wandy vs Sakuraba was Awesome. Heath Herring vs Big Nog was epic and as always the commentary is awsome.

2. Pride Shockwave 2004 - It was the unification of the Heavyweight Belt, there was confusion on who was the Champ was so Fedor and Big Nog battled it out. Gomi also faught on this card and you see his knockout against Jens on Highlight Reels.

3. Pride 21 - Demolition - This was the Slugfest that hosted Don Frye vs Takayama, it was the Pride debut of Fedor, and it was where Anderson Silva cracked Alex Steibling with that beautiful head kick.

4. KOTC 13 - Revolution - This was a fantastic card with a awesome finishes and it had Rampage on the card so how can you go wrong with that.

5. UFC 60 - Hughes vs Gracie - Matt Hughes showed Royce that MMA has evolved and that you need a well rounded game to be successful.

Feel free to post you Top 5
kevietre
1/1/08 11:19:34AM
Pride Total Elimination 2005- First round of the Middleweight Tournament and has some interesting matchups.

UFC 47 Hands Down. Chuck vs. Tito, Diaz vs. Lawler, Cabbage vs. Arlovski and more.

UFC 74 is a recent great DVD as well.
DCRage
1/1/08 11:31:37AM
I may not really have a Top 5 since 2 of my purchases were box sets (and I only have 10 DVDs total) but my one recommendation so far is Liddell vs. Couture: The Trilogy. If you get it at Best Buy you might be able to get a special Limited Edition Best Buy Bundle that also includes a UFC 57 shirt (I got one).
babalu2720
1/1/08 12:43:47PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Hey Everybody, I've been getting some pm's of people asking me what MMA DVD's I would recommend so I'm going to list my top 5 DVD's that I enjoy the most.

Happy New Years !

1. Pride 17- Championship Chaos - This was the first MMA Event I saw and it was great, Wandy vs Sakuraba was Awesome. Heath Herring vs Big Nog was epic and as always the commentary is awsome.

2. Pride Shockwave 2004 - It was the unification of the Heavyweight Belt, there was confusion on who was the Champ was so Fedor and Big Nog battled it out. Gomi also faught on this card and you see his knockout against Jens on Highlight Reels.

3. Pride 21 - Demolition - This was the Slugfest that hosted Don Frye vs Takayama, it was the Pride debut of Fedor, and it was where Anderson Silva cracked Alex Steibling with that beautiful head kick.

4. KOTC 13 - Revolution - This was a fantastic card with a awesome finishes and it had Rampage on the card so how can you go wrong with that.

5. UFC 60 - Hughes vs Gracie - Matt Hughes showed Royce that MMA has evolved and that you need a well rounded game to be successful.

Hotrodtt are you a psyhic???
I went to my Neighberhood Newbury Comics and bought 4 DVD's, two of them were Pride Championship Chaos which I have started, but not finished and UFC 60 Hughes vs Gracie...guess I made the right choices.....others were UFC 65 and Pride High Octane

Edit: unable to give you props fro your stalker I mean psychic powers, must spread the love...
ohiostate1016
1/1/08 1:29:04PM
in no particular order:

Pride Bushido 9
This was the first LW tourney, and there are some great fights on this card (including a helluva fight between Gomi and Kawajiri).

UFC 47: It's On
This was the first Chuck/Tito fight, but there are some other great ones on the card as well, including Lawler/Diaz.

TUF 1
I know that this is actually more than 1 DVD, but it was the best season of the show, and I had to include it.

Pride Critical Countdown 2004
Fedor vs. Randleman, Big Nog vs. Herring, Mark Hunt's MMA debut, Giant Silva, and Schilt vs. Kharitonov, plus Sakuraba

Pride 17
Wanderlei Silva vs. Sakuraba, plua Renzo, Rampage, Hendo vs. Ninja, Big Nog vs. Herring, and Cro Cop vs. Takada
1/1/08 2:50:30PM
Bushido 9
Final Conflict 2005
Pride 28 High Octane
ShockWave 04
Pride 20 Armed and Ready

All Pride DVD's but to mean those are the one's worth spending 20$ for.
juanez13
1/1/08 4:49:42PM
Pride 25- Body blow Big Nog vs fedor 1, rampage vs randleman, schembri vs saku, hendo vs oyama, A.silva vs newton, and minotoro vs nakamura....great event!

hotrodttt
1/1/08 5:16:01PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by hotrodttt

Happy New Years !

Hotrodtt are you a psyhic???
I went to my Neighberhood Newbury Comics and bought 4 DVD's, two of them were Pride Championship Chaos which I have started, but not finished and UFC 60 Hughes vs Gracie...guess I made the right choices.....others were UFC 65 and Pride High Octane

Edit: unable to give you props fro your stalker I mean psychic powers, must spread the love...

Nope, No psychcic here ! I just know the Great Events, I was going to say UFC 47 istead of UFC 60 but I forgot how Great Diaz vs Lawler was.

Believe-in-judo81
1/2/08 10:39:14AM
You guys should also Check Shooto's BEST OF Year end compilation dvds they do, always loads of great fights on those.
icarus4321
1/3/08 10:24:03AM
If any of you have not seen Pride 10: Return of the Warriors , I would highly recommend it:

Vitor Belfort vs. Daijiro Matsui
Wanderlei Silva vs. Guy Mezger
Gilbert Yvel vs. Gary Goodridge
Mark Kerr vs. Borisov Igor
Igor Vovchanchyn vs. Enson Inoue
Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Ken Shamrock
Ryan Gracie vs. Tokimitsu Ishizawa
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Renzo Gracie

There isn't a dull fight on the DVD and it contains some of the best, and most notable fights in Pride history.
Sinatra
1/3/08 7:58:21PM
You can't go wrong with the 2003 Pride MW GP 4 disc set

So many good fights.
cmill21
1/3/08 8:18:43PM
Pride 29 fists of fire, Pride Critical countdown, Pride 30: Fully loaded, Pride 26. One day the best event ever may be availible, Pride Final Conflict Absolute.
Ultimate_fighter
1/4/08 3:44:49PM
UFC 40 - Tito vs Shamrock 1 , Liddell vs Sobral 1, Hughes fought that night, Newton fought that night, etc

UFC 62 - Liddell vs Sobral and The Rematch of Griffin vs Bonnar

UFC 69 - GSP vs Serra , Sanchez vs KOS

UFC 73 - Stacked card, Silva vs Nate, Sherk vs Franca, 2 titles, and Ortiz vs Evans, with Herring vs Big Nog

UFC 75 - CHAMPION VS CHAMPION 1, Rampage Jackson The UFC Champ vs Pride FC's Champ Dan Henderson, Bisping vs Hamill, Kongo vs Cro Cop.