Would you use MMA database?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Would you use MMA database?
diemos
2/23/09 3:00:05PM
Would you peeps use a MMA database that has all events (including shooto, WEC, Sengoku, dream, ufc, pride, etc..) and fighters listed... their stats, records, you can compare fighters, etc.. or is Sherdog Fight Finder enough?

If it is enough, what else would you add to a Database like that?

diemos
scoozna
2/23/09 3:25:20PM
Maybe.

If you add an SQL interface, I will buy you lunch.
DCRage
2/23/09 4:10:27PM
Between Sherdog and the "official" database at MixedMartialArts.com, I'm set. So no.
breakdown5
2/23/09 7:34:45PM

Posted by DCRage

Between Sherdog and the "official" database at MixedMartialArts.com, I'm set. So no.

MMA database
Solidus
2/23/09 8:09:45PM
Kind of pointless, Fight Finder and Wikipedia are all I need.

On a side note, Wiki does have one feature that I like over Fight Finder where they have the records of the opponents listed beside their name in a fighter's profile. Makes it easier to compare the levels of competition two fighters have faced. It's also nice that other information is listed there like fighter bios, current and past training camps, fight disciplines, etc...
Wolfenstein
2/23/09 8:43:33PM
The one thing missing from databases--and I think it's constantly overlooked, is reach. I don't understand why a fighter's reach is never listed.
kopower
2/23/09 9:25:02PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

The one thing missing from databases--and I think it's constantly overlooked, is reach. I don't understand why a fighter's reach is never listed.

Totally agree

That was my first thought when I was reading this thread. I can't find reach on any mma database. Does anybody know if a website has this in a fighters breakdown?
tmas
2/24/09 9:16:52AM
agreed....however reach is overrated as well. Reach has both postive and neg.