MMA AVATARS

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA AVATARS
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Would you like to see more of these?
Yes 46% (99)
No 6% (12)
Yes, but i'd love to be able to request a customized one.. 49% (106)
grappler0000
2/23/08 2:42:05PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Props for them bud - i was going to make some of them so you saved me some effort Some of those would need resizing tho dude, they need to be at 100x100 and no more than 240kb, the brock one is 260kb for example

I thought they could be 100x120, just like the still images, but I guess not...no big deal, as they will automatically be resized by mmaplayground when uploaded.

As far as the brock image being too large, I can't figure that one out. It's 220k when I upload it, but when I download it from photobucket, it gains about 35k. I wonder if photobucket adds some tag information or something...I'll have to look into to that a little more.
CornishMMA
2/23/08 2:49:21PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by CornishMMA

Props for them bud - i was going to make some of them so you saved me some effort Some of those would need resizing tho dude, they need to be at 100x100 and no more than 240kb, the brock one is 260kb for example

I thought they could be 100x120, just like the still images, but I guess not...no big deal, as they will automatically be resized by mmaplayground when uploaded.

As far as the brock image being too large, I can't figure that one out. It's 220k when I upload it, but when I download it from photobucket, it gains about 35k. I wonder if photobucket adds some tag information or something...I'll have to look into to that a little more.

No but there is always a small discrepancy in the numbers, if you right click it on here on the properties of it it can say 245,000 and still work even tho the stated limit is 240kb, i save them at about 235 then they are fit once hosted

BUT they others DONT get resized when you upload, they do that with pics but not with gifs i dont think, im 99% sure, try uploading one of them and see?

I made your one natedawg but ive only done a half arsed job, im doing much better ones for my soldiers Join the mma army people! How much longer do you need to keep that avatar dude? i assume that was a bet you lost at ufc 79?
grappler0000
2/23/08 2:59:40PM

Posted by CornishMMA

BUT they others DONT get resized when you upload, they do that with pics but not with gifs i dont think, im 99% sure, try uploading one of them and see?

Yeah, I've already uploaded some @ 100x120 and it resized fine. I'm definitely seeing something strange in the filesize though. I downloaded a GIF and put it side by side with the one I uploaded and there is a 35k difference...same thing on several images. If I can't figure out why, I guess I'll just have to make em smaller.
CornishMMA
2/23/08 3:31:50PM
Oh ok cool i dont have to worry about that then, but does it kind of waste space? like its that long at that size but could it be longer at the correct size?

I use photobucket and it doesnt add that much with me, 5kb's at the max

Ive just made the best avvy ever for 40kb limit but its so good im giving it to one of my soldiers, i will get them to post here so you can see how it is
DevonFoxy
2/24/08 9:35:58PM
Any Joe Lauzon one would be nice anything people! lol Im working with nothing here and can be pleased very easy.
CornishMMA
2/25/08 8:51:00AM
Well that dude made us a Jens KO by Joe GIF but its low quality, and you being a regular member means it would look pretty poor but i will make you it if you want dude?

This is ridiculous that ive been away for a few days and come back to just 1 post in this thread either people dont want cool avatars or they just arent seeing this thread?!?
DevonFoxy
2/25/08 9:21:40AM
I would very much appreciate it it doesn't have to be that KO im not picky what ever you can do i will be in aw
CornishMMA
2/25/08 10:09:21AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I would very much appreciate it it doesn't have to be that KO im not picky what ever you can do i will be in aw

Well i did it but i was right and its very short and choppy, good advert for premium members 240kb limit instead of the terrible regular 40kb limit

If you want something else made then maybe Drizzle can do you a fancy one when he gets back - OR - if you find me a pic(s) you want then i can add some flashy text to it like that hellboy one i posted a few posts up
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
CornishMMA
2/25/08 1:27:41PM
Thanks DotheMMAth for moving this to the MMA LOUNGE

I just made that cool Silva dodging one for bulletdodger, hopefully he will post here and show it off
bullettdodger
2/25/08 1:37:58PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Thanks DotheMMAth for moving this to the MMA LOUNGE

I just made that cool Silva dodging one for bulletdodger, hopefully he will post here and show it off

I be working on it mate, it doesn't seem to want to be cooperative and show up under my name :D got class in about 20 min so if it isn't changed soon i'll do when i get home tonight. Thanks again Cornish

edit
so i messed with a bit but it keeps my AA rizzo avatar and my old profile picture too, but at this point i've spent way to much time trying to figure this snafu out, and i got to rush to class lol, but i figure this is just one of those internet things that will be fixed by the time i log in next.

edit #2
GWAHAHa there we go, i was right all is good!
DevonFoxy
2/25/08 10:25:52PM

Can We mesh these together Cornish the wise?
hotrodttt
2/26/08 12:41:04AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

The Joe Lauzon T- Shirt from the Reggie Warren Video
CornishMMA
2/26/08 6:27:10AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Well i try my best dude, wont be able to have the GIF moving much at all, i will just add JOE LAUZON graphics to it
CornishMMA
2/26/08 6:50:03AM
Well im getting quicker at this!

Decided on the Jens KO instead dude as i thought it would look better, you cant really see Joe in that other GIF

For Devonfoxy
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DevonFoxy
2/26/08 9:08:37AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Well im getting quicker at this!

Decided on the Jens KO instead dude as i thought it would look better, you cant really see Joe in that other GIF

For Devonfoxy

amazingly nice much appreciation sir you are a master of your craft.
Props coming as soon as the love is spread
CornishMMA
2/26/08 9:56:23AM
LOL aint my craft bud, i only started them doing like this about a week ago, The Drizzle is still the master of the cool lil ones, i have just picked it up quickly with the new programs i got on free trials. But yeah your welcome dude

Im not doing any more due to people just stealing them, i will still do requests for good members but all others that i do are for my camp members only, any regular members that wanted more posting can blame the selfish thief and/or join my fight camp

But when the admin get this avatar section up and running i will help out as best i can BUT after this trial period on this other software runs out i really wont be able to do them half as good/quick with the crappy free programs, thats why im gonna spend the next 9 days making as many as possible
THE_DRiZzLE
2/26/08 9:18:33PM
YOWSERS BATMAN!! damn I've missed quite a bit while my short hiatus.. nice work on the avatars Cornish.. I personally can't stand messing with video & converting it to .gif without it looking like poop.. so all the power to ya.. and I don't mind you using mine as long as you don't alter it, which from what i've seen so far you haven't.. as for all requests, I will do my best to get caught up and not skip anyone.. if I do skip some of you just let me know..
LayinFrame
2/27/08 12:35:48AM
i do not want a ufc avatar. i would like an avatar with the dude in it. he abides
CornishMMA
2/27/08 5:39:41AM

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

YOWSERS BATMAN!! damn I've missed quite a bit while my short hiatus.. nice work on the avatars Cornish.. I personally can't stand messing with video & converting it to .gif without it looking like poop.. so all the power to ya.. and I don't mind you using mine as long as you don't alter it, which from what i've seen so far you haven't.. as for all requests, I will do my best to get caught up and not skip anyone.. if I do skip some of you just let me know..

The Drizzle is back
Pookie
2/27/08 5:59:21AM

that is a sick ass Rampage one.
I would prop, but i prop you too much to begin with and have to spread the love.
CornishMMA
2/27/08 6:41:47AM
Thanks bud, yeah its a new angle id never seen before but found the GIF thanks to wolfman (so prop him ), hope Drizzle likes it, thought id do that cos his one was rad but it was small and he is a premium member so needed something rad adding to it

You gonna keep that PRIDE avvy then pookie? does look nice doesnt it

Do you guys think ive earnt my Avatarist badge yet?
CornishMMA
2/27/08 10:24:24AM
I have just made the most awesome looking Genki sudo one! Sorry for whoever requested one ages ago but someone who just joined my fight camp also wanted one so ive made this one for them

Cant post it here until i figure out some way to stop people stealing them, i only make these wanting 1 person to use them, need to find out how to watermark them or something?

Ok well ive just done a really quick makeshift kind of watermark on it so nobody comes here and steals it

This one is too good i only want my fight camp member having it

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
grappler0000
2/27/08 3:24:46PM

Posted by LayinFrame

i do not want a ufc avatar. i would like an avatar with the dude in it. he abides

THE_DRiZzLE
2/27/08 4:57:21PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Make me a kickass Nick "Diablo" Diaz one and you got yourself some props! ....

I call shotgun on it though...

done.. I wasn't sure about the Diablo part so I did 2 versions..
THE_DRiZzLE
2/27/08 5:20:58PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I have just made the most awesome looking Genki sudo one! Sorry for whoever requested one ages ago but someone who just joined my fight camp also wanted one so ive made this one for them

Cant post it here until i figure out some way to stop people stealing them, i only make these wanting 1 person to use them, need to find out how to watermark them or something?

Ok well ive just done a really quick makeshift kind of watermark on it so nobody comes here and steals it

This one is too good i only want my fight camp member having it

in all actuality you wont be able to prevent someone from having access to an avatar if that person uses it.. what you're trying to do can maybe deter from it but not prevent it entirely.. I understand why as well but my opinion differs cuz no one is paying for the avatar I make.. so there for I fill the request and leave it up to everyone else to be civilized about it or a an A$$ about it.. I simply don't have the time to worry about it and my primary goal is to just share my love of graphic design & love of MMA with fellow MMA enthusiasts.. I agree with the whole Fight Camp having seniority when it comes to this but the only thing I can do is give them the avatar personally & not post it in the forum, which I will plan on doing from now on probably.. and this has nothing to do with props for those of you who may think so.. I could care less if you have 900 props or if I have 2.. so don't feel obligated or feel the need to bribe with them.. if you alone feel like giving me props that's fine.. I won't lie that it's nice to see the love, but it's not manditory..
THE_DRiZzLE
2/27/08 5:23:45PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

hey drizzle you gonna make that genki sudo one?

Edit: i see someone else beat you to it i guess

still you should make me one so i can prop you 10 times

yeah dude.. I'm getting there..
Pookie
2/28/08 12:18:33AM

Posted by CornishMMA

You gonna keep that PRIDE avvy then pookie? does look nice doesnt it

Do you guys think ive earnt my Avatarist badge yet?

Yeah im claiming it lol.

WAR PRIDE!!!!
CornishMMA
2/28/08 5:14:08AM

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

in all actuality you wont be able to prevent someone from having access to an avatar if that person uses it.. what you're trying to do can maybe deter from it but not prevent it entirely.. I understand why as well but my opinion differs cuz no one is paying for the avatar I make.. so there for I fill the request and leave it up to everyone else to be civilized about it or a an A$$ about it.. I simply don't have the time to worry about it and my primary goal is to just share my love of graphic design & love of MMA with fellow MMA enthusiasts.. I agree with the whole Fight Camp having seniority when it comes to this but the only thing I can do is give them the avatar personally & not post it in the forum, which I will plan on doing from now on probably.. and this has nothing to do with props for those of you who may think so.. I could care less if you have 900 props or if I have 2.. so don't feel obligated or feel the need to bribe with them.. if you alone feel like giving me props that's fine.. I won't lie that it's nice to see the love, but it's not manditory..

Yeah bud i know what you mean totally, tho i think i can maybe make them like mine and add usernames into it, and there must be somewhere where you can insert watermarks into them? But yeah i just feel in a perfect forum no 2 people should have the same avatar so id prefer that the ones i make are only taken and used by 1 person, im just gonna do specific requests from now on i think

But im hoping me and The Drizzle can team up a bit more and put our best avvys together to make super avvys
mrkennedy
2/28/08 7:44:13PM
if you have time to kill can i ask for robbie lawler one thanks
THE_DRiZzLE
2/29/08 2:37:55AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

if you make one of genki sudo i'd be off the wall happy

done..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21