You might be a MMA addict if....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » You might be a MMA addict if....
« Previous Page
xchickox
4/19/08 8:32:24AM
- If you've gone into debt to by ufc dvd's, ppv's and event tickets
- if you stay up till 6am (in england) to watch ppv's online when you've gotta be up at 9am the next day
wolfman
4/19/08 3:35:54PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by tdietel01

- while watching a fight, your legs and feet move when your fighter is almost in a sub. (cause you can help with involutary leg movement)lol

Haha, my wife will not sit in front of me anymore at wrestling matches. Apparently I am always reacting to the matches I am watching and trying to throw moves on her!

I had to tell my girlfriend that we can't cuddle during fights because I'll more than likely armbar her.

If you watch something intensely like that, its hard not to react, and I've found myself tucking my chin to avoid chokes, locking on imaginary armbars, crossing my ankles to fend off heelhooks, etc.

This had me rolling, I also catch myself tucking my chin to avoid chokes and other shit.
bigbubbano23
4/19/08 3:59:30PM
if you've ever been tempted to sink in a triangle on you girlfriend. you might be addicted.
Aaronno9
4/19/08 4:05:17PM

Posted by xchickox

- if you stay up till 6am (in england) to watch ppv's online when you've gotta be up at 9am the next day

Im already preparing myself for a long night......

When you notice sombody staring at you at a bar, you automatically start thinking about reach advantages and whether or not itd just be easier to shoot for a takedown.

When your practicing said triangle chokes on your girlfriend and her parents walk in, you still think its perfectly normal and have no idea why in 5 seconds time her dads going to be kicking your ass.

(or trying to, you've secretly thought about how easy you could triangle him too should the need ever arise)
Svartorm
4/20/08 3:15:09AM
You might be an mma addict if your girlfriend is staying in a hotel after a wedding in the area and invites you to stop by after the event, but instead of leaving after the main event like you were supposed to, you stick around to watch Goulet vs. Hironaka and in that time she falls asleep.

You might be an mma addict if you're actually not that disappointed because you called Goulet in that fight.

I think its safe to say I'm an MMA addict and also half retarded.
warglory
4/20/08 2:43:07PM
- You set up man dates to watch MMA dvds
- Seeing the Croatian flag in a book makes you think of CroCop
- You can correctly pronounce your R's as H's when saying Brazilian names
- You organize your Saturday nights around MMA events
- You laugh when you hear a karate guy say they would kick a Gracie's ass
- You are legitimately saddened that the dark ages of the UFC have not been released on DVD yet
jiujitsufreak74
4/20/08 2:48:20PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by tdietel01

- while watching a fight, your legs and feet move when your fighter is almost in a sub. (cause you can help with involutary leg movement)lol

Haha, my wife will not sit in front of me anymore at wrestling matches. Apparently I am always reacting to the matches I am watching and trying to throw moves on her!

I had to tell my girlfriend that we can't cuddle during fights because I'll more than likely armbar her.

If you watch something intensely like that, its hard not to react, and I've found myself tucking my chin to avoid chokes, locking on imaginary armbars, crossing my ankles to fend off heelhooks, etc.

This had me rolling, I also catch myself tucking my chin to avoid chokes and other shit.

thank god you guys do that too. i thought i was a little wierd
Jackelope
4/20/08 3:20:04PM
Last night gave me a new one-

"If the main event of a PPV comes on and you're no longer able to talk, move, or breathe."

Haha, last night I went from a chatterbox to dead silent during the main event. My heart was beating harder than during Randy vs. Gonzaga. I swear to God I was in the cage, man! I was in the cage with them!!!

Haha I had to take like a 5 minute cooldown after the fight was over before I could start talking again.
MondayNiteMauser
4/20/08 6:53:35PM
This is by far the funniest thread on the site....Keep it up fellas this shit is goin down in the books!
iwannabesedated
4/20/08 8:02:09PM
You dont think its Gay when you hear any announcer say man these 2 are going to get in there and "bang".

You know that you dont have to be naked to execute a rear naked choke.

You log on to this site 5 minutes after the event is over knowing damn well that the results arent up and the site is down.

You know that KenFlo FINISHES FIGHTS.

You can actually Pronounce Donkojonosuke.

If you ever wondered if Mac Danzig and Glen Danzig are related.

mrsmiley
4/20/08 10:44:13PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

You dont think its Gay when you hear any announcer say man these 2 are going to get in there and "bang".

You know that you dont have to be naked to execute a rear naked choke.

You log on to this site 5 minutes after the event is over knowing damn well that the results arent up and the site is down.

You know that KenFlo FINISHES FIGHTS.

If you ever wondered if Mac Danzig and Glen Danzig are related.

Every time I hear Mac Danzig I think Glenn Danzig.

Your an MMA addict if you link license plate numbers to fighters records.

Jackelope
4/21/08 6:50:24PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Haha, easy now.. I love MMA but I still trip over that one

You know you're an MMAddict if you die a little inside every time you have to delete an event from your DVR to make room for another
skinnator
4/21/08 6:53:29PM
Am I an addict when I wake up each morning and see Jardine beating the Crap out of Wandy Silva?
bls1919
4/21/08 11:10:34PM
When you are so into Downloading and watching the UFC 83 fights that you missed on Sat. That you totaly miss 3or 4 attemps from your girl to come upstairs and "fully mount"...............and now she wont give it up for anything!!!!!
FUC I"M A RETARD.........or ADDICTED TO MMA

EDIT: Svarstorm you and i are in the same sad, sad boat. Punches b4 pussy. Read your post after i posted and had to edit. Its a hard life as an addict
Svartorm
4/22/08 1:25:12AM

Posted by skinnator

Am I an addict when I wake up each morning and see Jardine beating the Crap out of Wandy Silva?

No, that just makes you delusional.
Pages: 1 [2]