MMA in TN

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » MMA in TN
The-Don
5/22/08 7:34:37PM
Just heard today that MMA shows are now allowed in Tn.. The UFC is already looking to hold shows here... I know I am lookingh foward to it myself.. no more 3 hours rides...

~~~~~~~~

Correction... They are getting ready to vote on it this session and expect it to pass with overwhelmingly... Grrr... I was given bad info...

OK its legal now
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60678
DLPark91TH
5/22/08 11:22:57PM
lucky bastards...i live in NY and MMA is still banned here
holt8081
5/23/08 12:07:28AM
Another win for Rampage! sorry NY
bigbubbano23
5/23/08 2:48:26PM

Posted by DLPark91TH

same here bra, i can't stand it. they say it will be legal by the end of july but that never happens.
The-Don
5/23/08 3:44:50PM
well here in TN the legislators and such all see it is a finanical boost... Plus with Cities like Nashville where I live , Memphis... ( jackson ) as well as knoxville... That is 3 major cities that are capable of supporting a big show like the UFC.. plus I am already in touch with a smaller promoter who wants to hold Amature and low level pro fights in Nashville...
The-Don
5/23/08 3:46:25PM

Posted by DLPark91TH

Yea I still have family in NY I'd love for it to become legal there.. or in PA... where I also have family...
casey64
5/23/08 4:21:44PM
I live in between Knoxville and Nashville so I could go either place! This will be great!
The-Don
5/23/08 5:22:10PM
Do you live near Crossville????
casey64
5/24/08 2:10:16PM

Posted by The-Don

Live in Crossville!
The-Don
5/24/08 5:28:28PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by The-Don

Live in Crossville!

I got family there.. in fact.. My wifes family were the origional settlers of the Crossville area....
ncordless
5/24/08 11:54:17PM
Congrats...

Strangely, mma has always been legal in Iowa but is just now getting sanctioned. Might put a damper on the "walk-in" bar fights, but hopefully we will see some more shows.
The-Don
6/23/08 7:00:44PM
OK it is not offical her ein TN MMA ix Legal as of last tuesday.. It will still be a few months before fights can be put on as they need to form a fight commision.. WE have no boxing commision or anything that can be used as Boxing was not legal here either,,