MLB prepared to ban A-Rod for life, suspend eight others

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MLB prepared to ban A-Rod for life, suspend eight others
jay98107
8/1/13 4:21:20PM
Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

The people were unauthorized to speak publicly because no announcement is expected until Thursday or Friday.

Holy Shit

Maybe we can go a day without hearing about the Jets.
Shawn91111
8/1/13 4:27:53PM
If Arod doesnt agree to what they want, most likely he will cut a deal and be suspended for 2014 which works out gloriously for the Yankees as they save the $24 mil he is set to get next year.
airkerma
8/1/13 4:29:00PM

Posted by jay98107

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this guy Tebow

On topic, that's pretty insane. A complete ban, it seems excessive but they're probably sick of hearing all the negative comments regarding steroids. It's a very bad sign when more press is given to the topic of steroids over quality baseball...not to mention now anyone performs well someone always raises the question of PEDs.
jay98107
8/1/13 4:32:37PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by jay98107

I wouldn't mind hearing more about this guy Tebow

On topic, that's pretty insane. A complete ban, it seems excessive but they're probably sick of hearing all the negative comments regarding steroids. It's a very bad sign when more press is given to the topic of steroids over quality baseball...not to mention now anyone performs well someone always raises the question of PEDs.

And it definitely sends a message to any players using steroids. If the MLB is willing to suspend one of the most successful, famous, and richest players in the history of the league, then nobody is safe from serious punishment.
prozacnation1978
8/1/13 4:59:06PM
Wow. I was thinking a year for sure
This is a severe statement saying MLB will not
Tolerate cheaters no matter who you are
postman
8/1/13 5:15:28PM
It is amazing to me that anyone gives a rats ass about roids in baseball. If those guys are the face of roids in sports how is anyone to believe ever NFL player isn't gassed up. Had this all been left alone someone would have smashed 100 home runs and we would credit it all to the training.
jay98107
8/1/13 6:04:15PM

Posted by postman

It is amazing to me that anyone gives a rats ass about roids in baseball. If those guys are the face of roids in sports how is anyone to believe ever NFL player isn't gassed up. Had this all been left alone someone would have smashed 100 home runs and we would credit it all to the training.

I think a lot of guys are concerned about roids in football too. I honestly think a lot of the concern with baseball is due to major records falling to these guys, while in football the records haven't fallen so suddenly and don't carry the same kind of clout anyhow. I mean, the season and career home run records are probably more important records than anything football has to offer, and both fell (one more than once) at the hands of steroid users. Football players get suspended too, I remember when Merriman got busted that was a pretty big deal, but in baseball it's a culture.
Bubbles
8/1/13 10:12:09PM

Posted by postman

well if there was HGH testing in football, probably half the league would be suspended
JoeWarren33
8/1/13 10:17:51PM
So what they are teaching younger kids by this message is, even if its illegal and you take it for years, you will be forgiven. Go and make millions of dollars, put up amazing numbers. Whats even better. You will take jobs of people more deserving then you, who played the sport they loved clean and honest. Worse case scenario, you miss half a year, and your back in the MLB. Just look at Ryan Braun.
Complete bullshit! BAN these CHEATERS 4 LIFE.