MLB Game Day Audio Question...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MLB Game Day Audio Question...
emfleek
2/28/08 2:54:37PM
For $14.95, you can purchase MLB Game Day Audio which allows you to stream LIVE broadcasts of ALL Major League Baseball games for the entire season. My question is this...

Will the commentators/play-by-play guys be MLB guys or will they be that particular team's broadcast team?

For example...Ron Santo and Pat Hughes provide the radio broadcast on WGN 720AM for all Cubs games. Will they be doing the broadcast for MLB Game Day audio games, as well?

This could be the deal breaker on whether or not I pay the $14.95...
DCRage
2/28/08 4:21:56PM
Not 100% sure about this but based on my experiences the last couple years with the Minor League Gameday Audio (which is free) and from my experiences trying to listen to games online, it's probably going to be local radio stations.

Edit: Local. I checked the MLB.com multimedia page to verify and for the Orioles game on now, the "Home" station is a Baltimore area station.
RampageOwnedYou
2/28/08 6:36:03PM
yep, its the home team usually the one who does the broadcasting.

Either way for that price its a steal. If I were to listen to most games on the radio, i'd get it. But I already have SIRUS radio, and a crap load of channals on my television, in which is why I would not get it.

But if your debating, i suggest you get it. Good deal, and I know on the NHL one, your actually able to choose either teams broadcasting staff to listen to.

Best of luck........
emfleek
2/29/08 8:39:50AM
Hell yes. You guys just made my day.

I love Pat & Ron. I'd almost prefer to listen on the radio than to have to listen to Bob Brenly and Len friggin' Kasper. They're hhooooorrrible. BRING BACK STEVE STONE!!!

Anyways...thanks again, fellas. It's a good day!
emfleek
3/14/08 10:23:52AM
I purchased Game Day Audio today. I'm pumped!

And from what I've figured out, you can select whether you want to listen to the Home (H) or Away (A) broadcasters *if* both are available. Not all of the games have both available (for Spring Training) so I'm not sure if it'll be the same way for the regular season or not.

You can't really beat $14.95. It's either pay that or follow along with the Box Score online for the 100+ games that I don't get to watch/listen to each year...which sucks. If only 720 WGN would tune in on my radio @ the office.
DCRage
3/14/08 11:32:20AM
Try wgnradio.com, their official website. Not sure if you'd be able to listen to Cubs or Chisox games online from there (my experience with trying to get O's & Nats games online via their Baltimore & Washington radio affiliates has been that they can't because of MLB.com).
emfleek
3/14/08 12:04:21PM

Posted by DCRage

Try wgnradio.com, their official website. Not sure if you'd be able to listen to Cubs or Chisox games online from there (my experience with trying to get O's & Nats games online via their Baltimore & Washington radio affiliates has been that they can't because of MLB.com).

Yeah, I can stream everything from WGN Radio EXCEPT MLB broadcasts. There's not a website online that will allow you to do it.
DCRage
3/14/08 12:55:42PM
Except greedy mlb.com which makes you pay for it. In which case I'll just dust off my stereo I haven't used in a year or two so I can listen to Charlie Slowes & Dave Jaegler call the Nats games. At least they usually keep the minor league version free, I use that sometimes when I'm bored.
emfleek
3/14/08 1:17:39PM

Posted by DCRage

Except greedy mlb.com which makes you pay for it. In which case I'll just dust off my stereo I haven't used in a year or two so I can listen to Charlie Slowes & Dave Jaegler call the Nats games. At least they usually keep the minor league version free, I use that sometimes when I'm bored.

Greedy, yes. But I bought it, anyways. We have a Single A team here in Fort Wayne (the Wizards) but they suck and when they DO have a good run going, it's usually cut short when players are called up.

I don't think $15 is a bad deal. I love listening to Pat Hughes and Ron Santo broadcasts of games so it's all good. I paid it and it's good for the entire season AND postseason.
DCRage
3/31/08 7:43:08AM
I've been thinking about it and am probably going to get it when I get home from work today. Too good a deal and I should be able to add Minor League audio for free from minorleaguebaseball.com, that'll allow me to listen to more than just Bowie Baysox games.
emfleek
3/31/08 9:52:07AM

Posted by DCRage

I've been thinking about it and am probably going to get it when I get home from work today. Too good a deal and I should be able to add Minor League audio for free from minorleaguebaseball.com, that'll allow me to listen to more than just Bowie Baysox games.

It's a GREAT deal. Especially if your team's games are rarely shown on TV.
DCRage
3/31/08 11:43:46AM
Which isn't the case, I'll get all Orioles and Nationals games locally on TV. But at least now I can get all the Nats games on radio via my PC, so I'll listen to Charlie & Dave call the games while I watch them on MASN with the volume turned off, if only for Charlie's "BANG ZOOM GO THE FIREWORKS!" when we hit a homerun at home or we win a home game and he tells us "A Curly W Is In The Books!" Charlie & Dave do make a fun team to listen to though.
cowcatcher
3/31/08 11:53:45AM
fleek that bring back steve stone comment kills me......"when i threw a no hitter in seventy whatever....blah blah blah" i hate the way he talked about himself all the time, luckily harry carey was with him for awhile to make up for it.
tberg420
3/31/08 12:10:43PM
Thank God for 700 WLW and the Reds!!
DCRage
3/31/08 1:39:10PM
I'm trying it out now on my work PC, I'm stuck using IE 6 and can't mess too much with settings so it's not being 100% cooperative but I'm also still figuring it out. Now that I've got it working I can listen to some games but switching between feeds is a bit of a hassle. I'll try it on IE 7 later on my home PC. Also have Netscape 9 but it may not be fully compatible with it.

Edit: Took me a while to get it working on my home PC, I was getting pissed until I fooled around and got it working, just in time to listen to the Dodgers game. 2 words: Vin Scully. Gotta hear him call some games while I still can.
emfleek
3/31/08 11:13:07PM

Posted by cowcatcher

fleek that bring back steve stone comment kills me......"when i threw a no hitter in seventy whatever....blah blah blah" i hate the way he talked about himself all the time, luckily harry carey was with him for awhile to make up for it.

Steve Stone and Chip Caray were TONS more enjoyable the Bob friggin' Brenly and Len Kasper.
DCRage
4/3/08 1:50:17PM
A couple days ago after listening to a Dodgers game on Gameday Audio I was glad I got this, just to hear Scully tell it like it is. He wasn't afraid to say that Saito's injury problem was, in non-medical technospeak, "a sore butt". If I wasn't still a little sick I would've had the best laugh I'd had in some time. Thanks for the memories, Vin. I'll be listening to every Dodgers game I can just because of him, gotta remember to tune into Brewers games-forgot that Bob Uecker still calls them.