MLB 2010 Season

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MLB 2010 Season
Next Page »
RyanC
2/14/10 1:04:27PM
This is about the time of year I start to get excited for the upcoming season. Pitchers and catchers report on Wednsday, and the season is only about 8 weeks away. I look forward to the baseball season as much or more than the NFL season, and I've got a lot to look forward to up here in the land of lakes.

What are you excited for this year? Who's your team? Do you think they've got a shot this year? Does it even matter?

Well obviously up here in Minnesota this year we're all looking forward to the unveiling of the new Target Field. The building looks beatiful from the outside, and I for one am too excited for words for outdoor baseball, and no more Metrodome. I say screw all the candy a**es that think it's going to be too cold in the spring in Minnesota. If they can do it in Chicago and Detroit we can do it here.

As for the team we made some exciting roster moves this offseason with the signing of Orlando Hudson and Jim Thome, and the trade for JJ Hardy. We also resigned Carl Pavano who looked good for us last year. Pat Neschek is coming back off of his elbow injury, and Fransisco Liriano is supposed to have looked good in winter ball. And finally the baby Jesus Joe Mauer may be on the verge of signing a legacy contract that would keep him with the Twins for the next decade.

We've got a shot to do some damage this year, and I can't wait.

AchillesHeel
2/14/10 1:32:29PM
Argh. That figures. I was literally writing mine while you were writing yours.
Twenty20Dollars
2/14/10 3:27:02PM
Well my teams the royals started out so good last year and then just fell to the bottom.

Yeah there is Greinke but he cant do it all. I still see us finishing last in the division with no real good players added to the roster. Posednik, Ankiel, Kendall.....uhh traded away mark teahan. No Mike Jacobs or Olivio for power have jose guillen but you know. Really no added pitching help, which we need. Going to be a longg season.

I would say watch out for the M's and WhiteSox.
DCRage
2/14/10 5:36:07PM
Only one thing matters in DC this year: The arrival of our savior, Stephen Strasburg. But either way the Nats should be better. I'll be happy with 70 wins, absolutely overjoyed with a .500 finish.
kopower
2/14/10 6:06:59PM

Posted by RyanC

As for the team we made some exciting roster moves this offseason with the signing of Orlando Hudson and Jim Thome, and the trade for JJ Hardy. We also resigned Carl Pavano who looked good for us last year. Pat Neschek is coming back off of his elbow injury, and Fransisco Liriano is supposed to have looked good in winter ball. And finally the baby Jesus Joe Mauer may be on the verge of signing a legacy contract that would keep him with the Twins for the next decade.

We've got a shot to do some damage this year, and I can't wait.

Can't wait either. Wish we had a true #1 ace pitcher though. Still, the Twins lineup is finally stacked and should provide some run support.
Twenty20Dollars
2/14/10 8:19:22PM
AL East: Yankees
AL Central:Whitesox
AL West:Seattle
Wildcard:Redsox

NL East:Phillies
NL Central:Cards
NL West:Dodgers
Wildcard:Cubs
RyanC
2/14/10 8:49:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

AL East: Yankees
AL Central:Whitesox
AL West:Seattle
Wildcard:Redsox

NL East:Phillies
NL Central:Cards
NL West:Dodgers
Wildcard:Cubs

The White Sox will not win the Central. Twins all the way. Mark it down. That division is ours.
emfleek
2/15/10 9:07:20AM
I can't say I'm happy with the offseason moves made by my Cubs, but whatever. I've decided to have ZERO expectations from here on out. Anything beyond a .500 season is a plus.

GO CUBS!
cowcatcher
2/15/10 11:44:21AM

Posted by emfleek

I've decided to have ZERO expectations from here on out. Anything beyond a .500 season is a plus.

GO BREWERS!

fixed

i think we are both cheering for the wildcard for our teams, unless of course the cards get crushed with injuries.
Twenty20Dollars
2/16/10 11:55:34AM
at least the cubs dont have milton anymore.
DCRage
2/16/10 12:08:29PM
That reminds me, time to ask...IS THIS THE YEAR? Take 102, I think.
cowcatcher
2/17/10 9:23:28AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

at least the cubs dont have milton anymore.

there still may be traces of his poison left in the locker room though. as much as i like what seattle has done this offseason, getting him was one move i dont like at all.
emfleek
2/17/10 9:27:38AM

Posted by cowcatcher

there still may be traces of his poison left in the locker room though.

Exactly. With the way things went down last season, I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Milton took a crap in someone's locker or at least pulled an Upper Decker in the clubhouse.

DCRage
2/17/10 9:35:58AM
Nats signed Chien-Ming Wang, might pitch in May. Time to put "Wang Chung" in the rotation and play it when it's his turn to pitch.
higdon10
2/17/10 8:32:56PM
My Reds have given me some reason to hope as of late, heres to a NL Central championship!!!
emfleek
2/17/10 9:17:19PM

Posted by higdon10

My Reds have given me some reason to hope as of late, heres to a NL Central championship!!!

I love what the Reds are doing with their pitching. Let's hope ownership ponies up to keep 'em around.

EDIT: Wait...let's NOT hope. I'm a Cubs fan, damnit!
higdon10
2/18/10 3:26:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by higdon10

I love what the Reds are doing with their pitching. Let's hope ownership ponies up to keep 'em around.

EDIT: Wait...let's NOT hope. I'm a Cubs fan, damnit!

Yeah, Cincy has a nice core of good young players. The future is bright in the Queen City.
Gogoplatapus
2/20/10 4:56:01PM
I've always liked the Phillies, and for the next three years, I love them.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=310754
RyanC
2/20/10 6:24:09PM
Johnny Damon has reportedly signed a 1 year deal with the Detroit Tigers. That should help them fill the void left by Curtis Granderson's departure.
Shawn91111
2/21/10 7:01:10AM

Posted by RyanC

Johnny Damon has reportedly signed a 1 year deal with the Detroit Tigers. That should help them fill the void left by Curtis Granderson's departure.

Damon doesnt have the range or arm anymore to play Center. The Tigers are praying Austin Jackson takes Center
RyanC
2/21/10 8:07:29AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by RyanC

Damon doesnt have the range or arm anymore to play Center. The Tigers are praying Austin Jackson takes Center

You may be right about that. He should help to fill the hole in the lineup though. His numbers at the plate were solid last year.
DCRage
3/10/10 11:01:04AM
Nomar Garciaparra retired today after signing a 1-day contract with Boston. He's ESPN-bound. Nice to see him able to retire with the team he had his greatest years with.
emfleek
3/10/10 11:08:36AM

Posted by DCRage

Nomar Garciaparra retired today after signing a 1-day contract with Boston. He's ESPN-bound. Nice to see him able to retire with the team he had his greatest years with.

I give it 2 weeks and he's calling in sick to ESPN with a sprained vagina.
kopower
3/10/10 11:43:36PM
Sounds like Joe Nathan is done for the year. Not good news for the Twinkies..
higdon10
3/11/10 4:32:53PM
Aroldis Chapman had a pretty nice debut. Gotta love spring training optimism
emfleek
3/11/10 4:53:00PM

Posted by higdon10

Aroldis Chapman had a pretty nice debut. Gotta love spring training optimism

Give it time. Dusty Baker will ruin his arm.
Naturaldisaster
3/11/10 9:57:51PM
Go CUBBIES!!!! we need to keep the man, the myth, the legend Bobby Scales on our roster all year
emfleek
3/12/10 8:51:06AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Go CUBBIES!!!! we need to keep the man, the myth, the legend Bobby Scales on our roster all year

I'm not expecting jack this season.

.500 will be a plus.
RyanC
3/12/10 5:13:36PM
F, F, F, F!!!! Joe Nathan is done for the year even though neither the Twins or Nathan will admit it yet. This probably means closer by commity for the Twins and at least a few less wins due to blown saves. I'm betting John Rousch will be the closer to start the year, and Mijares and Gurrier will probably fill in from time to time. Definitely a blow to the Twins World Series chances.

That and the baby jesus (Joe Mauer) has yet to ink a deal. I'm getting a little concerned. I will hate the Twins for A LONG time if they don't sign him long term.
Ordep
3/14/10 9:46:16PM

Lets play predictions....(no playoffs)

AL:

E:NYY
C:MIN
W:SEA
WC:BOS

NL

E:PHI
C:STL
W:LAD