Mitrione: Fallon Fox is a 'disgusting freak'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mitrione: Fallon Fox is a 'disgusting freak'
Next Page »
prophecy033
4/8/13 6:38:15PM
Matt Mitrione calls transgender fighter Fallon Fox a "disgusting freak" among other insults during an appearance on The MMA Hour.

Link
jjeans
4/8/13 6:46:14PM
"You can get out and do what you want to do. Believe in it and don't get hustled by anyone else. Walk to the beat of your own hustle. Be your own musician, dance to your own music and you'll always be able to do what you want to do."
Matt Mitrione 2011

"That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak" .... "I'M GLAD I COULD MAKE FUN OF HIM A LITTLE BIT BECAUSE HE'S OBVIOUSLY GOT SOME MENTAL ISSUES AND WANTS TO BEAT UP ON WOMEN,"
Matt Mitrione 2013
frizzzlecake
4/8/13 6:56:00PM
Code of Conduct does not include Dana White, otherwise he would be suspended for 197987984940330 years.
Budgellism
4/8/13 7:24:12PM
Very unprofessional way to state his opinion on the subject. He should know better than that. He's not 12 beers deep with a bunch of his buddies talking about it.
SmileR
4/8/13 7:29:52PM
I agree with him to a point, not when he starts off with the disgusting freak comments, I think if its your life an you ain't hurting anyone live it how you will. But Fallon Fox shouldn't be allowed to fight women. Joe Rogan said it much better and without offending a whole community of people.
Its a touchy subject but Fox still has the muscle make up as a man, same bone density as a man, same hand and foot size of a man and regardless of what medication Fox has taken her body still is fundamentally a mans body. Altered and different, but still with male attributes that give her a distinct advantage over women. That alone should disqualify her from fighting other women.

Mitrione makes some moronic comments an deserves the suspension and fine but I hope he doesn't get cut as his point as twisted as it was rings true. He should be made to work along side the lgbt community and hopefully learn to be more excepting, but I think he definatly deserves to keep his job.
prophecy033
4/8/13 7:46:56PM
He definitely showed that he can't state his opinion like an adult.
Goatenstein
4/8/13 7:48:18PM

Posted by SmileR

I agree with him to a point, not when he starts off with the disgusting freak comments, I think if its your life an you ain't hurting anyone live it how you will. But Fallon Fox shouldn't be allowed to fight women. Joe Rogan said it much better and without offending a whole community of people.
Its a touchy subject but Fox still has the muscle make up as a man, same bone density as a man, same hand and foot size of a man and regardless of what medication Fox has taken her body still is fundamentally a mans body. Altered and different, but still with male attributes that give her a distinct advantage over women. That alone should disqualify her from fighting other women.

Mitrione makes some moronic comments an deserves the suspension and fine but I hope he doesn't get cut as his point as twisted as it was rings true. He should be made to work along side the lgbt community and hopefully learn to be more excepting, but I think he definatly deserves to keep his job.

What you said. Also, did Fox ever fight MMA as a man?
Pookie
4/8/13 8:01:03PM
Fallon Fox never notified any athletic commission that she used to be a man. That, i feel is fucked up.

Joe Rogans comments pissed off a whole community of people as well.

Personally, i think tact and political correctness are good for keeping yourself out of trouble, but i much prefer the people who shoot from the hip. Regardless of the way its packaged, if it offends you its because you gave someone elses words the power to do so.
jae_1833
4/8/13 8:01:31PM
It's called PR....learn it or suffer for your actions.
SmileR
4/8/13 8:12:50PM

Posted by jae_1833

See if the public opinion is still flowing this way if or when Fox seriously hurts a woman. She shouldn't get sanctioned and I can't see one argument that can oppose that.
prozacnation1978
4/8/13 8:25:17PM
Code of conduct for Ufc is a joke
grappler0000
4/8/13 8:29:49PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by jae_1833

See if the public opinion is still flowing this way if or when Fox seriously hurts a woman. She shouldn't get sanctioned and I can't see one argument that can oppose that.

I don't think he was referring to the opinion, but rather the delivery.
imanidiot777
4/8/13 8:31:27PM
I think it is pretty obvious, when reading what he said in its entirety, that he meant that Fox is a disgusting freak for fighting women, not for being a transgender. He may have gone a little overboard on the insults, but it is pretty clear he wasn't just insulting someone for choosing to change gender, it was because they changed gender and then went on to beat on women. I would't have said it like he did, but I completely agree with him and I also thing there is something seriously wrong in the mind of this person. Does Fox really think she has no advantage and that this is somehow fair? I can't believe for a second that anyone looking at this objectively, including Fox, would thing it is a level playing field, which leads me to believe this person is sick. Regardless, Matt did go way overboard with how he said it.
Sir_Karl
4/8/13 9:01:36PM
Unfortunately for Fox there is no room in MMA for the transgendered. Ladyboys would need their own separate league. They definitely shouldn't be allowed to fight in women's MMA. Where they truly belong is in men's MMA but that would be too bizarre to be accepted. Poor choice of words for Mitrione though. When you are a contracted star with a large company you kind of need to go over your words with a fine tooth comb before they come out. It sucks but it's reality. I like Meathead though. He rules.

By the way, did anyone catch Karo Parisyan calling Rick Hawn a "Homo" during the pre fight promos for last weeks Bellator? I thought people would be going crazy over that one but it was crickets instead. Odd. Well,in the end Karo got his ass handed to him by a "Homo".
Chael_Sonnen
4/8/13 9:16:52PM
Funny.....Fallon is probably thinking the same thing about 'Meathead' Mitrione.
Boo_Radley21
4/8/13 10:35:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Code of Conduct does not include Dana White, otherwise he would be suspended for 197987984940330 years.

This

And I also dont think she should be fighting women and Mitrione is right but said it like a jackass lol
Adrenaline
4/8/13 11:36:10PM
Whats the big deal, I've said worse things about Kpro.

Really though Mitrione, time and place brother, time and place.
prophecy033
4/8/13 11:39:18PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Whats the big deal, I've said worse things about Kpro.

Really though Mitrione, time and place brother, time and place.

The thing is Kpro loves the dirty talk
infestructure
4/8/13 11:43:50PM

Posted by SmileR

Taken in context, the 'disgusting freak' comment was aimed at what Fox was doing (fighting women pretending to be a woman) rather than any transgender slur. Unfortunately 'disgusting freak' is a term often used to describe transgenders, and it makes for a great headline, so it's been blown out of proportion.
Though I agree Matt should put out a tweet to clarify his position and to apologise if anyone took it the wrong way.

IMO no amount of drugs or surgery can change gender to a point where it would be fair, better just to have a tranny league
prophecy033
4/8/13 11:56:43PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by SmileR

Taken in context, the 'disgusting freak' comment was aimed at what Fox was doing (fighting women pretending to be a woman) rather than any transgender slur. Unfortunately 'disgusting freak' is a term often used to describe transgenders, and it makes for a great headline, so it's been blown out of proportion.
Though I agree Matt should put out a tweet to clarify his position and to apologise if anyone took it the wrong way.

IMO no amount of drugs or surgery can change gender to a point where it would be fair, better just to have a tranny league

Or just have Fox fight Cyborg. About as fair as its gonna get
jae_1833
4/9/13 12:27:28AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by jae_1833

Yeah, I don't care what his opinion is...nor would I post mine too much here...public relations you know...just don't be the UFC guy who says that kind of stuff for the open public unless you want the backlash.
Pookie
4/9/13 12:42:16AM
I dont see why referring to fallon as a he is so "bigoted" or whatever.

I call girls dude all the time.
Manak
4/9/13 1:14:46AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by infestructure

Posted by SmileR

Or just have Dox fight Cyborg. About as fair as its gonna get

Cyborg would still win by destruction,

but gotta agree above, this point is being overlooked. he turns himself into a woman only to fight woman. seems like some mental issues going here outside the insane physical advantage he gained over his "fellow" female competitors
prophecy033
4/9/13 1:38:53AM

Posted by Manak

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by infestructure

Posted by SmileR

Or just have Dox fight Cyborg. About as fair as its gonna get

Cyborg would still win by destruction,

but gotta agree above, this point is being overlooked. he turns himself into a woman only to fight woman. seems like some mental issues going here outside the insane physical advantage he gained over his "fellow" female competitors

Is that the reason Fox did it? I only ask cuz I really don't know the reason behind the change
NE-1
4/9/13 1:49:25AM

Posted by Manak
.... outside the insane physical advantage he gained over his "fellow" female competitors

Gender reassignment = the new cutting weight
SmileR
4/9/13 5:26:50AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by SmileR

I just watched the interview an now I don't think Mitrione's comments even deserve a fine. Hes 100% right.
george112
4/9/13 5:34:23AM
Publicity. Nothing wrong with it.

Ivd heard worse
40ouncetofreedom
4/9/13 8:14:16AM
This whole thing is a giant can of worms. I doubt he became a woman just so he could beat up women, But i do think it's a bit fucking weird and sort of unfair because men have different testerone than women, even if he has been feminizing himself with chick hormones, I'm pretty left wing when it comes to US social issues and don't feel a need for government to dictate our personal lives, But having a sex change is just weird IMO...but to each his own.
jay98107
4/10/13 10:57:03AM
If you're referring to Fallon as "he" instead of "she", you've justified the nickname "meathead".
Pookie
4/10/13 12:03:44PM

Posted by jay98107

If you're referring to Fallon as "he" instead of "she", you've justified the nickname "meathead".

Fox is still of the male sex, even if Fox is now of the female gender.
Pages: [1] 2