Missouri's ShoFIGHT launches pro series June 16 with Bailey-Parisyan, Grove-Martin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Missouri's ShoFIGHT launches pro series June 16 with Bailey-Parisyan, Grove-Martin
grappler0000
5/18/12 3:59:42PM
ShoFIGHT, a Missouri-based promotion with 19 amateur fight cards under its belt, has scheduled its first professional event for June 16.

Determined to make waves from day one, the debut card features Shamar Bailey vs. Karo Parisyan in the main event, with Kendall Grove facing Terry Martin in the co-feature.

The 15-fight lineup also features a host of additional notables on the card, including Marcus Aurelio, Lyle Beerbohm, Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett, Shonie Carter, Karen Darabedyan, Roli Delgado, Drew Fickett, John Gunderson, Sevak Magakian, Aaron Rosa and Mike Wessel, among others.

ShoFIGHT 20 takes place June 16 at O'Reilly Family Event Center on the campus of Drury University in Springfield, Mo. Tickets, which are available at DruryTickets.com, run from just $18 to $118 for ringside seats.

ShoFIGHT was launched in April 2010, and the promotion has already held 19 sold-out amateur events in Branson, Mo. However, ShoFIGHT CEO J.T. Tilley said the promotion now has its eyes on establishing itself as the top regional pro promotion in the Midwest...

Link
prophecy033
5/18/12 5:44:19PM
Decent
machodog76
5/18/12 5:48:51PM
The "B" Leagues are getting pretty stacked these days!
Twenty20Dollars
5/18/12 6:34:58PM
Krazy Horse!
kopower
5/18/12 9:54:36PM
A lot of household names. Maybe a few decent fights will turn out.
FastKnockout
5/19/12 12:07:24AM
I'm pleasantly surprised considering this is their first event.
Kpro
5/19/12 4:07:37AM
I wonder what made them jump to pro fights after 20 ammy cards. Obviously the ammy's are more profitable. It's always good to see more pro cards though for that reason. It's bullshit that so many fighters have to stay amateur much longer than they normally would so they can actually find fights with promoters not wanting to pay pro's. Good to see ShoFIGHT jump into the pro ranks; hopefully they get a streaming deal with GFL.tv or something. I'll support this PPV if it's in the $10-15 range for the reasons above. If they jump in at $30 though, they're not gonna hit their market.