Mishima/Florian Petruzelli/Gouveia Swick/Okami Predictions....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mishima/Florian Petruzelli/Gouveia Swick/Okami Predictions....
Trapt1nw0nder
4/2/07 8:35:03AM
Those 3 fights are the ones i cant really get a clear prediction....i can really see them going either way..

what do you guys think?

i currently have Mishima...Gouveia...and Okami.....but it can easy be Florian,Petruzelli,Swick....hmmm......i think these next couple of events are gonna be harsh for our records...lol

Mishima is the stronger wrestler and can possibly win a decision via GnP...or even on the feet....But Florian can easily Submit him too

Gouveia is the better striker and better JiuJitsu,but Petruzelli is the stronger wrestler and can possibly control him the whole fight on the ground and win a decision too....

i have a feeling Swicks run will end here.....Okami is a bad motherf*cker!...but Swick is hungry for the belt and can possibly win if he stays standing and pick Okami apart from the outside and try not to be taken down......

other fights is also Cummo/Haynes...i think Haynes can also win a decision if he can outwrestle him and GnP and try not getting submitted(the only way he is losing)......Fickett/Nakamura is an other one i dont know...i have never heard of Nakamura,but i see he has a great record..but i still have fickett by 2nd round sub.

....Who do you all have winning?

Gladiator
4/2/07 11:31:50AM
florian- after seeing how well he did against sherk (not best performance but i thought sherk would break him in half) i think he'll be able to handle mishma's wrestling and be able to get a submission or at least enough attempts to get the decision

gouveia- probably the toughest one to call, but i'd say that if gouveia keeps it standing he'll pull out the decision, he did beat jardine in the first round of their bout afterall

okami- im gonna go with the underdog on this one. swick has had some quick finishes but i doubt okami will go down from some wild punches or a swickotine at the start of the first, and i wasnt very impressed with swick against loisieu, he looked tired in the third round. i see swick controlling the first and maybe second round and then getting taken down and punded out, or a quick takedown and domination for okami. most people havent seen this guy cuz hes on the undercards but he is a tough guy, its easier for me to see okami winning than swick overwhelming okami in the first 30 seconds.

fickett- just a gut felling i guess
Pyrenus
4/2/07 11:38:17AM
I got Florian, Gouveia, and Swick.

Gouveia I'm most worried about.
Lay_N_Pray
4/2/07 3:09:34PM
Kenflo, Gouveia, and Swick.

Florian is just always so controlled and relaxed that he seems capable of beating fighters that are the caliber of Sherk so he will handle Mishima.

Gouveia has impressed me before, I hope he worked on conditioning though cause I think he can finish Seth with a KO if he has the stamina.

Swick is just a badass and has the home crowd, he should take the win in a war that will be like Diaz/Gomi.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/2/07 4:01:54PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Kenflo, Gouveia, and Swick.

Florian is just always so controlled and relaxed that he seems capable of beating fighters that are the caliber of Sherk so he will handle Mishima.

Gouveia has impressed me before, I hope he worked on conditioning though cause I think he can finish Seth with a KO if he has the stamina.

Swick is just a badass and has the home crowd, he should take the win in a war that will be like Diaz/Gomi.

sure Florian is great at defending himself from the ground,but that wont win you the round.....Just like Nick Diaz...everyone would just take him down and win rounds based on the takedown.....the only way i see Florian winning is by Submission,i dont see him winning a decision..

i think im gonna end up flipping a coin or something...lol
nubby
4/2/07 4:12:55PM
Swick is the only one I can say I think is going to win. He is just so entertaining to watch.
cowcatcher
4/2/07 4:56:44PM
ive got swick, mishima and petruzelli, all those matchups are close and hopefully end up being great fights
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/2/07 5:06:59PM
Okami wins 2nd Round Ground n Pound
Mishima wins 2nd Round Tapout
Petruzelli wins 3rd Round TKO/KO

Yushin Okami next champ!
randyleprechaun
4/2/07 5:20:02PM
Im going for Swick, Florian and Petruzelli!If i get a 5-4 record from this card ill be over the moon. Most of the fights are to close to call! One thing i know is im not taking any wagers!
hathcock32
4/2/07 7:36:23PM
Florian can finish him with those wicked razor sharp elbows.

Didn't Petruzelli lose a stand up fight to Matt Hamill. I watched that gouveia fight agianst Jardine agian last night, he looked awesome in the first round, gassed a little bit.
Swick Okami will be a war,really excited for that fight. Fast paced and will end in the 1rd round(GUARANTEED) probably by a swick KO.
Ydoc
4/2/07 11:46:42PM

Posted by hathcock32
Didn't Petruzelli lose a stand up fight to Matt Hamill..

The problem was Hamill's wrestling ability had Seth scared to throw any kicks, so it was 15 minutes of takedowns with no follow up. Really awful match, I really hope Matt becomes more well rounded. Still, I got Wilson, Swick, and Ken-Flo.
jaba
4/4/07 9:22:23PM
Mishima/Gouveia/Okami
FortySixBelow
4/5/07 2:39:47AM
Mishima is going to take Florian out...

ok, bashful comment yes. But, if you look at the recent weigh ins Florian looks almost anorexic... Same with Stevenson...Good for me.

i took wagers on both.

DoTheMMAth
4/5/07 8:01:05AM
I went with Gouveia winning in round 1... but based on some of his past fights, I'm scared of what happens if it goes to round 2 or 3. Taking a chance I guess
maranatha
4/5/07 1:29:47PM

I'm going with Mishima, Petruzelli, Okami....I want Gouveia to win, but I think he'll gas to quickly.

Saw the pre-fight interview with Haynes and I'm not so sure he respects Cummo's BJJ enough. I can easily see him making a mistake and getting submitted in the 2nd or 3rd.
FortySixBelow
4/6/07 4:31:55AM

Posted by FortySixBelow

Mishima is going to take Florian out...

ok, bashful comment yes. But, if you look at the recent weigh ins Florian looks almost anorexic... Same with Stevenson...Good for me.

i took wagers on both.

I will eat my humble pie now...Apparently Mishima is a wash out and Guillard should not have brought his mom...