Mirko and Jerome!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mirko and Jerome!!
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 12:32:48AM
A lot of people (including me) i think are/were over looking Jerome in this fight. they are looking at him and his MMA record thinking "hmmm i haven't heard of him before and he hasn't had much fighting exp" but him and Mirko had a damn good kick boxing match back in like '96. it was a while ago but it was a great and close match and i expect nothing less than that in the MMA fight!!!
The_Ho_Bag
7/3/08 12:41:48AM
Im having a rough time with this fight idk who to pick

debating time =)

i haVe CC UD
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 12:51:48AM
i think CroCop Can win the stand up but it just depends what level of Aggression he will use. Mirko may just take this fight to the ground who knows but im damn sure he is a better grappler than LeBanner

but CroCop by KO in 3rd!!!
Mayhem13
7/3/08 1:11:58AM
should be a good standup fight..I may end up goin with JLB
jiujitsufreak74
7/3/08 1:29:17AM
if JLB didn't just come off of a fight against Semmy i would have no problem picking this...but the short recovery time makes me a little cautious in picking him. right now i have him by SD.
The_Ho_Bag
7/3/08 1:53:23AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

if JLB didn't just come off of a fight against Semmy i would have no problem picking this...but the short recovery time makes me a little cautious in picking him. right now i have him by SD.

we were talking about this before=)
juanez13
7/3/08 10:18:45AM
Im taking JLB here, he looked good against Semmy, and i dont think he got injured. he looked in good shape too....IMO the only way mirko wins this is by taking it to the ground, which he may not because of his "pride", Standing i'd pick Jerome over mirko, even when Mirko was in his Prime.
cmill21
7/3/08 4:38:28PM

Posted by juanez13

Im taking JLB here, he looked good against Semmy, and i dont think he got injured. he looked in good shape too....IMO the only way mirko wins this is by taking it to the ground, which he may not because of his "pride", Standing i'd pick Jerome over mirko, even when Mirko was in his Prime.

Really? I think their styles play right into Mirko's hands, he sits and waits and Jerome comes straight in. Cro Cop hits and movesand people who try and catch up to him ussually get put down, which is what Jerome does.
loller90278
7/3/08 7:10:44PM

Posted by juanez13

yup, i agree here, although i think mirko will swallow his pride and go for a takedown or two.

Franklinfan47
7/3/08 9:44:59PM
Should be one hell of a slugfest, thats for sure. Im taking Mirko by KO right now.
EON
7/3/08 10:43:36PM
I liked their kickboxing match, I dont know if Jerome should be taking this fight right after fighting Semmy. I have no idea who I'm picking yet, I'm leaning toward CC by UD.
MMAcca
7/4/08 1:00:28AM
If they both stand up togther, Le Banner is going to kick CroCop into little pieces.

JLB via KO round 2
ICSlegend
7/6/08 1:22:11PM

Posted by MMAcca

If they both stand up togther, Le Banner is going to kick CroCop into little pieces.

JLB via KO round 2

Guess you missed their first fight

And that was Mirko's first K1 match...he was actually transitioning from boxing. JLB already had a considerable amount of experience fighting guys like Bernardo, Aerts, and Hug.

Avatar bet if you're actually serious and not just trolling.
Aaronno9
7/6/08 1:34:34PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by MMAcca

JLB via KO round 2

Guess you missed their first fight

And that was Mirko's first K1 match...he was actually transitioning from boxing. JLB already had a considerable amount of experience fighting guys like Bernardo, Aerts, and Hug.

Avatar bet if you're actually serious and not just trolling.

That was 12 years ago when they where both still green. I cant see how that fight holds any water when it comes to picking between them know. Im picking Jerome to knock Mirko out.
Purge
7/6/08 3:32:36PM
Le banner has had many brutal injures, if anyone has weakened with the years it's him, Hoost fractured his arm, he recently got his ass whipped by Schilt and now a few weeks later he has to face Cro cop in an MMA fight.

Oh yeah Le Banner is winning
ICSlegend
7/7/08 2:37:23AM
MMAecca are you yellow?