More on Mirko’s Departure: Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop II Now Possible

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » More on Mirko’s Departure: Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop II Now Possible
Next Page »
Bemin
2/13/08 5:18:29PM
During today’s press conference to announce that Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic has left the UFC to fight for the new DREAM organization, the company’s executives announced that they had struck a deal with M-1 Global, which could mean a future bout between DREAM’s Filipovic and M-1 Global’s Fedor Emelianenko.

The news comes from Yahoo! Sports, a content-partner site of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

According to reporter Dave Meltzer, the two upstart organizations have signed a business deal — a move that could open the door for the promotions to share talent. Melzter said that Emelianenko (as well as free agent UFC hall-of-famer Royce Gracie) both appeared in videotaped messages saying they planned to compete for DREAM.

Link
silverbullet
2/13/08 5:27:24PM
If Fedor defeats Cro Cop the second time around, he may earn a shot at fighting Gabriel Gonzaga next.

BTW am i the only one who cannot get enough of the M1-DREAM-Emelianenko Kool-Aid?
xburbx
2/13/08 5:38:27PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

agreed
cmill21
2/13/08 5:54:34PM
Yeah this will be a nice partnership, and will more then likely end up being no M-1.
RMFG_187
2/13/08 6:04:01PM
will be great for CC. IMO, CC has a great chance of beating Fedor this time around,
tuvok500
2/13/08 6:07:56PM

Posted by RMFG_187

will be great for CC. IMO, CC has a great chance of beating Fedor this time around,

If CC beat Fedor, i hope peoples will realize how Fedor is overrated !!

cmill21
2/13/08 6:11:49PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

And if Fedor beats Randy will people say that Randy was overrated?
tuvok500
2/13/08 6:15:03PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

no because couture did not lose 2 fights in a row like CC did !!

If CC beat Fedor, we will all know that the UFC level is to high for both of them !!

Edit : this is my opinion and only my opinion, i have to say that because some guys are taking that as an ultimate truth .

RMFG_187
2/13/08 6:16:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

cmon don't smear Randys name, hes a legend. and Fedor would get owned
RMFG_187
2/13/08 6:18:44PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

If CC beat Fedor, we will all know that the UFC level is to high for both of them !!

i guarantee there is someone in the UFC (Randy, GG, Kongo Primarily) that could beat Fedor. hes not god, he maybe a machine but not god. lol
also only 1 pride fighter really "Made it" in the UFC and thats Nog.

Rua, Wandy, Hendo, CC, all have losing records in the UFC
cmill21
2/13/08 6:23:42PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Sorry but thats a very moronic comment. Not calling you a moron but thats a dumb, dumb remark. Chuck lost two in a row, is the UFC becoming to tough for him? Won't have many who agree with that after his last fight, how about the fact that Fedor demolished the current UFC HW champ, years ago or not, eat your heart out. You've got others who did things like win the UFC HW championship and lost in when they wen't to Pride, so was the competition in pride to much for them? Cro Cop made a comfort decision, he didn't like the cage, he was way over confident and he didn't do well. Get over the fact that you like to smash Fedor at every turn, not everyone has to fight in the UFC. IMHO if Tim and AA leave the UFC's HW div is Nog, Herring, Kongo, Obrian, Lesnar, Mir and Vera(who may drop at some point). Sorry but that is a rediculous post man, even for you.

EDIT: I'm not even going to respond to your post RMFG, you know nothing of what your saying.
tuvok500
2/13/08 6:33:20PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Sorry but thats a very moronic comment. Not calling you a moron but thats a dumb, dumb remark. Chuck lost two in a row, is the UFC becoming to tough for him? Won't have many who agree with that after his last fight, how about the fact that Fedor demolished the current UFC HW champ, years ago or not, eat your heart out. You've got others who did things like win the UFC HW championship and lost in when they wen't to Pride, so was the competition in pride to much for them? Cro Cop made a comfort decision, he didn't like the cage, he was way over confident and he didn't do well. Get over the fact that you like to smash Fedor at every turn, not everyone has to fight in the UFC. IMHO if Tim and AA leave the UFC's HW div is Nog, Herring, Kongo, Obrian, Lesnar, Mir and Vera(who may drop at some point). Sorry but that is a rediculous post man, even for you.

EDIT: I'm not even going to respond to your post RMFG, you know nothing of what your saying.

Bla Bla bla , you can call me whatever you want dude, i know what kind of guy you are.

CC go out to fight easier competition, face it man !!

cmill21
2/13/08 6:35:53PM
Well if you didn't realize all you did there was MMA math...which you should know is very very inaccurate.
Ordep
2/13/08 6:37:01PM

Typical replies from members of the same camp (take out Juanez, he seems like the only one who makes reasonable comments) the same story, bashing the same fighters and making nonsense biased analyses to "demostrate" how X or Y fighters are overrated or whatever (e.g.Biased: the man who swept the floor with the actual UFC I-Champ. is overrated, Nonsense: based on their well hugged "rankings" the guy who is #1 p4p is not #1 in his division)

From the topic, I dont see this fight happening right away. By the end of 2008 maybe.
vuthe32
2/13/08 6:37:23PM
dude.. another MMA org? ******* sweet.

that means more MMA orgs equals more MMA matches.. mean more MMA fans. its a win win win situation. c'mon.. quit w/ the elitist shit.. its getting old
Manak
2/13/08 6:39:58PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

every dog has his day, they all have been through ups and downs, rand had just been KO by chuck before he came back. dont be so quick to count someone out no matter what happened in the past, CC and randy both have done great things in the sport. fedor is still top dog till he gets knocked off cause he is what every HW gets compared to (so hopefully now he starts getting good match-ups, CC, Barrentt, Randy, AA, TIm).
tuvok500
2/13/08 6:43:16PM

Posted by cmill21

Well if you didn't realize all you did there was MMA math...which you should know is very very inaccurate.

Yep and you have replied with your own mmath and i have replied to your mmath !!

The non sense is coming from you man, you are the one who is bringing Couture here , not me.

We were talking about CC and Maybe a fight with Fedor, i told what i was thinking if CC was going to beat Fedor, you should be happy, it is your favorite fighter !!

Couture is the UFC HW champ and CC is going down non stop since he sighed with the UFC, do the math yourself man, CC and Couture are not at the same level in 2008 it is simple !!

The_Grim_Reaper
2/13/08 6:56:06PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

i guarantee there is someone in the UFC (Randy, GG, Kongo Primarily) that could beat Fedor. hes not god, he maybe a machine but not god. lol
also only 1 pride fighter really "Made it" in the UFC and thats Nog.

Rua, Wandy, Hendo, CC, all have losing records in the UFC

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????Quinton Jackson, Anderson Silva, Gono beat McCrory, Herring won his last fight, Werdum is next in line for a title shot, Marcus Aurelio, if you actually beileve wheather pride fc or ufc fighters make a difference between skill your a ******* idiot and dont know shit about mma
LayinFrame
2/13/08 6:59:28PM
hahah this thread is getting a bit rediculous. heres something that should brighten everyones day. mirko > fedor , fight ends round 1 30 seconds in due to sweet leg kikc to temple. the end.
tuvok500
2/13/08 7:04:14PM
sorry my bad .

to delete please

Rynocerous
2/13/08 7:07:24PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Randy IS overrated.
LayinFrame
2/13/08 7:13:26PM

Posted by Rynocerous

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by RMFG_187

Randy IS overrated.

cm'on man, your first post made me want to punch a baby. stop that
bezun
2/13/08 7:18:41PM
with one above this guy
didnt he drop three of his last five before he won the title from timmay and then defended against a green fighter who wasnt quite ready. He is good but not as good as his nut huggers would have you believe. His gameplans are marvelous so he kicks ass, however he has had a .500 career.
I am in fact as we read sitting in a puddle of my own joy at the fact that there could be a 'SON OF PRIDE' organization.
loller90278
2/13/08 7:22:17PM

Posted by tuvok500

CC and Couture are not at the same level in 2008 it is simple !!

first of all, we're in the second month of 2008.
second, randy is NOT a fighter anymore so you can't compare the two.

silverbullet
2/13/08 7:29:07PM
Randy got KTFOed twice by Liddell and yet he's considered by many (retards) to be the greatest HW on the planet. That's how f****d up things are in the HW division.
LayinFrame
2/13/08 7:40:48PM
lol, "You win some, You lose some". No one is ever going to be undefeated. Somone out there will always be able to kick your ass, even if you have never lost. Saying randy cotoure is overrated is (retarded)
Pookie
2/13/08 7:44:35PM

Posted by LayinFrame

lol, "You win some, You lose some". No one is ever going to be undefeated. Somone out there will always be able to kick your ass, even if you have never lost. Saying randy cotoure is overrated is (retarded)

saying that randy couture is on a whole 'nother level then cro-cop and fedor is even more retarded though
LayinFrame
2/13/08 7:48:34PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by LayinFrame

saying that randy couture is on a whole 'nother level then cro-cop and fedor is even more retarded though

I sir do not, and never have hugged the nuts of couture haha, but hes def not overrated by any means. I dont even consider cro cop being overated, even after his last couple fights. You have to have alot of proof to back up statments such as "over rated" did i say over rated enough time?..... overrated.
SpiderSilva
2/13/08 8:47:13PM
Do to CC not devloping a ground game has affected his status as a great
a champion fighter wins titles he may rebound soon but beat fedor NEVER
the map has been laid out how to beat CC he may say he is doing things differant but you always go back to what your best at and sad to say CC sucks on the ground

Cmill
I know you got mad love for CC do to a fantastic career vs good fighters too bad he didnt get a shot at big Tim beacuse he could have beat big Tim in a stand up fight. This rough patch has affected CC mentaly almost like Lidell I see him getting back on track

CC= the John Elway of MMA
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/08 9:27:58PM
i can't see anyone beating fedor, even randy. everyone speaks to how overrated fedor is, but randy is just as overrated if not more. who has he beat that makes him better? GG? big tim? since when did wins over those guys make you undisputed number 1. fedor has proven he was the best, and since his lack of competition i can see how people think he is overrated, but you have to do the same thing to randy as well. it is a two way street and we can argue this for a while. i think that in any given fight CC has a good chance of winning, he just hit a rough patch. with that said, i don't think that he can beat fedor, he just can't do it. him beating randy is debatable, we don't really know how their styles match up. so, there is no real point in arguing this...again. we all know everyone has differing opinions and nothing ever gets accomplished. all i know is that he won't be able to reestablish his career in Dreams, just no one for him to beat to make the MMA community change its mind. this whole incident in unfortunate.
Pages: [1] 2