Mirko Crocop vs. Hong Man Choi - Fields Dynamite

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko Crocop vs. Hong Man Choi - Fields Dynamite
kastro_316
12/10/08 7:11:04PM
DreamFighters.com

Official!!! - Mirko Crocop will be fighting Hong Man Choi at Fields Dynamite. read the Story:

tuvok500
12/10/08 7:11:28PM
great !!!!
DCRage
12/10/08 7:19:14PM
The door is that way...
tuvok500
12/10/08 7:27:55PM

Posted by DCRage

The door is that way...

is that better ?
bustin_mma
12/10/08 7:31:03PM
Boo earns.
Mayhem13
12/10/08 7:42:47PM
I thought he was injured and couldnt fight Oveream??

but now he is healed and can fight someone else on the same night......

as much as I like CC, this seems a little weak to me...
cmill21
12/10/08 7:49:06PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Well FEG was the one who said no to that fight. IMO this is a bad fight for Cro Cop to take. Choi is gigantic, and his chin is huge, not to mention JLB has said he hits 5x harder then Aerts.
DCRage
12/10/08 7:51:35PM
They want to put CC-Overeem on at a later date. I don't understand that, it's the biggest card of the year and given how things are in the biz and between these two it makes so much sense to have it at Dynamite.
Jackelope
12/10/08 7:53:20PM
WTF... no interest in this fight for me. Choi is huge and presents problems for anybody, but I want to see Crocop challenged in a different manner.
menace
12/10/08 8:01:51PM

Posted by Jackelope

WTF... no interest in this fight for me. Choi is huge and presents problems for anybody, but I want to see Crocop challenged in a different manner.

Cro Cop will submit Choi. He doesn't pose much of a problem in an mma match.
Pookie
12/10/08 8:19:36PM

Posted by menace

Posted by Jackelope

Jackelope
12/10/08 8:20:42PM

Posted by menace

Posted by Jackelope

I would never say anybody Choi's size doesn't present problems for anybody no matter what the match up is.
Pookie
12/10/08 8:23:03PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by menace

Posted by Jackelope

I would never say anybody Choi's size doesn't present problems for anybody no matter what the match up is.

Its only 120 pounds dude...
postman
12/10/08 8:24:56PM
Has Cro Cop ever won by submission?
cmill21
12/10/08 8:27:08PM
Randleman.
postman
12/10/08 8:30:13PM

Posted by cmill21

Randleman.

Wow and a quick one at that! how did I miss that?
loller90278
12/10/08 9:00:40PM
this is going to be a boring, boring fight.

crocop is the shell he once used to be.
he needs to get that gonzaga KO out of his head and get that killer instinct back, but i doubt it.
cmill21
12/10/08 9:07:57PM

Posted by loller90278

he needs to get that gonzaga KO out of his head and get that killer instinct back, but i doubt it.

I honestly don't think it's that. I think after he won his title he only wanted to face Fedor and when that didn't happen he lost motivation. I mean he's a legend, great in both K-1 and Pride, one of the richest people in Croatia, elected politician, pro soccer player and father...what else is there lol.
MMAcca
12/10/08 9:42:26PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

I honestly don't think it's that. I think after he won his title he only wanted to face Fedor and when that didn't happen he lost motivation. I mean he's a legend, great in both K-1 and Pride, one of the richest people in Croatia, elected politician, pro soccer player and father...what else is there lol.

Pro soccer player ?
cmill21
12/10/08 9:47:04PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loller90278

Pro soccer player ?

You bet, he played for Cibalia in Prva HNL.
MMAcca
12/10/08 9:49:15PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by MMAcca

Pro soccer player ?

You bet, he played for Cibalia in Prva HNL.

He really has done it all.
loller90278
12/10/08 11:19:58PM
im definitely not taking anything away from him, he was one of my favorite fighters ever. i've been following him since the k-1 days. for whatever reason, crocop hasn't shown me anything after the eddie sanchez fight (which wasn't his best performance either)

hmc must not have gotten any injuries from the sefo fight, because thats a pretty fast clearance to fight again

edit** hes also a member of the croatian swat team!
Givershit
12/10/08 11:46:16PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mayhem13

Well FEG was the one who said no to that fight. IMO this is a bad fight for Cro Cop to take. Choi is gigantic, and his chin is huge, not to mention JLB has said he hits 5x harder then Aerts.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah this is a bad fight for him to take. Fight Miguel Torres instead he's smaller. Crocops days are over.
Manfred
12/11/08 12:03:24AM
This will be a tough fight. HMC is a very good kickboxer in addition to his size. Unless CC forces the MMA aspect, I think he'll lose this one
dmfp
12/11/08 3:28:43AM
Its Japan they like that s**t.
Freak show probably sell more tickets then a grudge match would..
It still sucks!
tomp6581
12/11/08 5:19:12AM
Mirko is one of my fav fighters....but recently he has looked like shit. Especially against Overeem. I should imagine he will beat HMC, and than I hope 2009 is good to him.

War Mirko.
hodge
12/11/08 3:19:33PM
Mirko "Cop Out" Filipovic, this fight sucks i really dont see the point anymore he is one of my favourite fighters and i will root for him against most HWS but come on man.
tooly236
12/11/08 4:19:25PM
I like the idea of having Crocop and Overeem go win a couple of fights, and that hype up there rematch like it is the second coming of god.