Mirko Cro Cop is 'ready to fight' Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mirko Cro Cop is 'ready to fight' Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil
Budgellism
5/10/11 3:24:16PM
If you call them out, they will come.

Such is the case with the recently revived rivalry between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mirko Filipovic. "Minotauro's" boxing coach went on record stating his want to see his pupil take on the Croatian once more before they both leave the game.

LINK
DeadHead988
5/10/11 5:03:25PM
I don't think so...
Budgellism
5/10/11 6:50:20PM
Both so far past their prime it's sad but I would still like to see it as a last match for both guys. I know I'm asking way too much but it would be pretty epic.
FastKnockout
5/10/11 7:45:20PM
I'm up for it. Both guys are past their prime and this would feel like a novelty fight. They both deserve it.
DeadHead988
5/10/11 9:50:15PM
If it did go down (and I'd rather it didn't), then I'd be pulling for Nog all the way.
hashyandy4
5/10/11 9:55:09PM
Im actually 4 it. I think Nog would win, and maybe it would give him a little momentum 4 one last run... but i doubt it.
Franklinfan47
5/10/11 10:49:24PM

Posted by hashyandy4

Im actually 4 it. I think Nog would win, and maybe it would give him a little momentum 4 one last run... but i doubt it.

I agree, would be a good match for both right now.
ncordless
5/11/11 5:31:27AM
I would watch it.

Neither is the fighter they were, but it was an epic fight the first time, and I'd say they are fairly comparable in their decline as well.

Two of my favorite fighters ever, one would win and continue on for a bit longer, the other would most likely fade into the past forever.
cowcatcher
5/11/11 10:34:46AM
I'm totally on board with this fight happening, then again I am with basically anything that's nostalgic. The sport doesn't have many truly legendary fighters at this point due to being new to the mainstream, so anytime you can get two guys that qualify for that title in the cage together it's exciting for me. I'd take CC by LHK because I'm not only nostalgic, I'm unrealistic.
emfleek
5/11/11 10:48:09AM
This fight > any potential Royce Gracie fight

I say do it.
prozacnation1978
5/11/11 11:14:21AM
I wanna see the rematch!!
Maybe two years to late but I still wanna see it!!
warglory
5/11/11 1:56:20PM
This would be fantastic. I think both guys are probably beyond being competitive at this point in their careers (especially CroCop), but both are still in fantastic shape with the will to still compete. Let'em do it for the Brazilians!
GraMMA
5/14/11 2:03:35PM
I'm really hoping UFC makes this!.The first fight was a classic and it deserves a rematch even if both are past their primes.