Mirko Cro Cop: ‘My motivation is very high, I’ve never been so motivated!’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko Cro Cop: ‘My motivation is very high, I’ve never been so motivated!’
Mchubb316
4/9/08 10:43:47PM
Mirko Cro Cop — the Pride FC 2006 Open Weight Grand Prix Champion and three-fight UFC veteran — today held a live chat with fans over at MMA-ID.com.

He answered a ton of questions, including his plan to compete twice more under the DREAM banner and return to the Octagon to avenge losses to Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo. In addition, the Croatian is set on rematching Fedor Emelianenko on New Year’s Eve — regardless of the promotion.

Source
skatenate
4/9/08 10:50:40PM
woohoo, hope all of this happens, i hope he can get back on top.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/9/08 10:54:03PM
WAR MIRKO!
candynuts
4/9/08 11:00:46PM
I hope he means this! If so I cannot wait for his next fight(s)!
DevonFoxy
4/9/08 11:10:50PM
Dana White: "Your Welcome."

Say what you want about Dana but letting Cro Cop do this was a great business move. It was also a great move as a human being to just let Cro Cop go over and fight I mean good for Dana.Props to Dana White for giving us Cro Cop over seas.

Props Dana major Props.
cmill21
4/9/08 11:16:37PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Dana White: "Your Welcome."

Say what you want about Dana but letting Cro Cop do this was a great business move. It was also a great move as a human being to just let Cro Cop go over and fight I mean good for Dana.Props to Dana White for giving us Cro Cop over seas.

Props Dana major Props.

I agree, what Dana did surprised me. He gave a rival(they are and will be) a very marketable fighter and in Japan the guy is a cash cow, and in all honesty he didn't have to. Dana has made some moves that have improved his perception to the hardcore fans.
gartface
4/10/08 12:24:56AM
I just want to see him head kick some more people in Hustle.
RMFG_187
4/10/08 12:37:45AM
If Tim can't take Fedor, then CC will this time around.
loller90278
4/10/08 12:39:38AM
so that means fedor is going to fight timmy, crocop, and randy (possibly) in a year?!

now that'll be nuts.
cmill21
4/10/08 1:03:29AM

Posted by loller90278

so that means fedor is going to fight timmy, crocop, and randy (possibly) in a year?!

now that'll be nuts.

Fedor's manager has said he feels this is a safe fight for Fedor and would sign it in a second. Don't really know how it's a safe fight when the guy across the ring is known for decapatating people but I can see why he might think it go differently this time around.
jakeiceman
4/10/08 1:36:53AM

Posted by loller90278

now that'll be nuts.

I would be shocked if any of these fights happen, I cant see Fedor going from doin jack to taking on three of the best in the world. Besides I think Tim is gonna whoop his ass....after that none of these fights would make sense. And I'm glad Cro-crop is back in old form (hopefully) I was really excited when he joined the UFC and had high hopes for him. I hope he returns and has a better go of it this time.
chubbud22
4/10/08 2:23:27AM
I would also be shocked if Fedor took all of those fight in a year, maybe if it was Giant Silva, Butterbean, and Don Frye (Frye being the ultimate test lol) in a year I would not be so pessimistic
Pookie
4/10/08 2:47:17AM
madmaxq: you are big pussy
CROCOP: Come and say that in front of me.

LOL

silverbullet
4/10/08 9:09:19AM

Posted by cmill21

I agree, what Dana did surprised me. He gave a rival(they are and will be) a very marketable fighter and in Japan the guy is a cash cow, and in all honesty he didn't have to. Dana has made some moves that have improved his perception to the hardcore fans.

Dana gave away a fighter who cost him a ton of money and kept losing to mediocre opponents.
cmill21
4/10/08 9:33:57AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by cmill21

Dana gave away a fighter who cost him a ton of money and kept losing to mediocre opponents.

I thought GG and Kongo were the next big thing? In Japan they don't care if you win or lose, if you fight like a warrior you will sell tickets. So my points still stand.
sinister_16
4/10/08 9:48:47AM
i think crocops career is over
silverbullet
4/10/08 9:53:18AM

Posted by cmill21

I thought GG and Kongo were the next big thing? In Japan they don't care if you win or lose, if you fight like a warrior you will sell tickets. So my points still stand.

That's why UFC is a sporting event and DREAM is a ???

and if you thought that GG and Kongo were the "next big thing" then you must really not know much about MMA
jakeiceman
4/10/08 11:53:59AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by cmill21

and if you thought that GG and Kongo were the "next big thing" then you must really not know much about MMA

Oooh thems is fightin words
silverbullet
4/10/08 12:13:34PM

Posted by jakeiceman

If you mess with me, I will argue with you over the internet!!!
jakeiceman
4/10/08 12:57:07PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by jakeiceman

If you mess with me, I will argue with you over the internet!!!

Ha ha oh geez man please dont do that.....I'm not lookin for problems, just relax we can work through this without any senseless violence!!!
cmill21
4/10/08 6:51:50PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by cmill21

Lol Sarcasm over the internet isn't well recieved. We get it though buddy you don't like anything outside of the UFC, we can see that. Cro Cop's nog good, Dream sucks, Barnett's a bumb Fedor's no good it's all wonderful. Look at it the UFC only has the 205 and th 170lbd divs, the majority of the talent at 155, 185, and 205+ is outside of the UFC whether you want to admit it or not.
Pookie
4/10/08 7:48:03PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by cmill21

Lol Sarcasm over the internet isn't well recieved. We get it though buddy you don't like anything outside of the UFC, we can see that. Cro Cop's nog good, Dream sucks, Barnett's a bumb Fedor's no good it's all wonderful. Look at it the UFC only has the 205 and th 170lbd divs, the majority of the talent at 155, 185, and 205+ is outside of the UFC whether you want to admit it or not.

very true