Mirko Cro Cop vs. Jerome LeBanner DREAM 4 fight scheduled

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko Cro Cop vs. Jerome LeBanner DREAM 4 fight scheduled
nickcuc547
4/25/08 2:13:37PM
Pride FC 2006 Open Weight Gran Prix Champion Mirko Cro Cop (23-6-2) will fight decorated K-1 kickboxing champion, Jerome LeBanner (3-1), in a heavyweight bout slated for DREAM 4 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on June 16, according to MMA-ID.http://mmamania.com/2008/04/25/mirko-cro-cop-vs-jerome-lebanner-dream-4-fight-scheduled/
Aaronno9
4/25/08 2:22:01PM
wow. Id love to see mirko beat jerome again but i just cant see it happening.
The_Grim_Reaper
4/25/08 2:36:37PM
this will be a huge step for Cro Cop and this will also show us where he is as a fighter and where his heart and mental state lie
juanez13
4/25/08 3:39:08PM
Wow, great match up, i know mirko beat le banner when he was green, but i cant see Mirko taking it again. Lebanner 2nd/1st round KO.
Pookie
4/25/08 4:19:59PM
Wow, my goodness...

I personally thought that Jerome lebanner won the first fight(overall), although on a round to round basis he did lose. Tough fight for Mirko...
jae_1833
4/25/08 4:48:54PM
There we go.....nice to see Mirko back in action, a guy like that doesn't need to be opening cans for a living.
Mchubb316
4/25/08 4:59:54PM
I hope Mirko wins. He needs to get back on track and start fighting like his old self, get back in the UFC and put up a better showing.
Mastodon2
4/25/08 6:02:36PM
This is a good fight for Cro Cop, I don't see him winning unless he puts some serious hours in on his striking game, or Le Banner is battling another injury or something.

If the fight happened tomorrow, Jerome would demolish Cro Cop, even with Cro Cop winning his last fight easily, it was expected, Jerome looked great at the GP last year, he would overwhelm Cro Cop. That said, the fight is some way off yet, and a lot can change, and imo, a lot does have to change for Cro Cop to have any chance to beat Jerome again. Cro Cop has peaked and fallen off, Jerome has peaked too, but he climbed to greater levels of prowess than Cro Cop, and is still higher in skill than Cro Cop right now.
jgtribbett
4/25/08 6:37:24PM
i didnt even know that lebanner fought MMA.. man.. i'm way behind..
cmill21
4/25/08 6:45:37PM
Cro Cop's back with Marijan so don't expect to see him looking like he has these past few years. I think it's going to be a great tilt. I think Cro Cop's going to be heading back to K-1 soon...just a hunch :). People better not write Mirko off here

Edit: If Mirko wins(I think he will) it will be because he catches Jerome with a big left(Jerome's not known for a great chin) and when Jerome falls Mirko will mount him and finish it there.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/25/08 6:46:03PM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

this will be a huge step for Cro Cop and this will also show us where he is as a fighter and where his heart and mental state lie

true dat reaper
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/25/08 6:53:22PM
WAAAAR LEBANNER
bls1919
4/25/08 8:21:46PM
WOAH!!! i would love to see these guys fight again. Two of the most touted(sp) strikers in the fucing world. These guys are both warriors and think it would end Le Banner 2-3rd KO. But big props to Mirko for stepping up...........if this fight happens.
Manfred
4/26/08 12:11:15AM
I hate to say it but CC should take it to the ground. He's way ahead of JLB there and would be his best chance at a win
MMAcca
4/26/08 1:31:55AM

Posted by Manfred

I hate to say it but CC should take it to the ground. He's way ahead of JLB there and would be his best chance at a win

i think