Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic looks to return to MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic looks to return to MMA
Shawn91111
8/8/12 8:30:28AM
At 37 years old, Croatian combat-sports legend Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic believes he will again compete in MMA.

Despite walking away from the Ultimate Fighting Championship after an October loss to Roy Nelson, Filipovic told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) and USA TODAY Sports that he is training in the sport and envisions a return to MMA.

"Concerning my retirement from the UFC, I said it was my last fight for the UFC and last fight on the present contract, but I did not say, 'I won't keep fighting,'" Filipovic said. "I never said that. I think the best thing to say is that I was born to fight."

After leaving the UFC, Filipovic had surgery to repair torn muscles and tendons in his arm. He has returned to training and said he feels like an athlete reborn.

LINK
TeamDEY
8/8/12 8:52:54AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
sparky
8/8/12 9:17:43AM
I love to watch Cro Cop fight but I'm afraid he's one more bad knockout from not being able to compete at all
george112
8/8/12 9:21:17AM
I'm against it.

He's a legend in my eyes and losses suffered at this time in his career would be hard to watch.

the only way I would want him to come back is if he slims down and learns how to defend the takedown. he's been a one trick pony for a looooong time. He needs to change something up if he plans on making a comeback and actually win in the process

i wish him the best of luck
BuffaloDave
8/8/12 9:22:23AM
I could see him signing with OneFc after his Kickboxing commitments are finished, highly doubt the UFC will offer him a deal.

As for him feeling like a kid gain, he's probably the latest on TRT.
prophecy033
8/8/12 10:57:24AM

Posted by sparky

I love to watch Cro Cop fight but I'm afraid he's one more bad knockout from not being able to compete at all

I was just gonna write this. It's like you can read my mind or like I'm reading my own post

WAR SPARKY

Theoutlaw08
8/8/12 11:20:10AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by sparky

I was just gonna write this. It's like you can read my mind or like I'm reading my own post

WAR SPARKY

I was thinking the same thing. And its not something Id want to see. He had a great fighting career. He should just stay retired.
meier
8/8/12 11:21:43AM
He can do well if he competes at Light-Heavyweight
cowcatcher
8/8/12 11:37:19AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I could see him signing with OneFc after his Kickboxing commitments are finished, highly doubt the UFC will offer him a deal.

As for him feeling like a kid gain, he's probably the latest on TRT.

It sounds like he doesn't want to come back to the UFC and I agree that OneFC is where we will see him next. There are good fights for him there with AA, Timmeh, hell I'm sure Sapp would like a pay day. He can still hang with guys that aren't UFC caliber anymore so I'm not opposed to him fighting there at all.
prozacnation1978
8/8/12 12:05:28PM
oneFC will probably sign him
Poor_Franklin
8/8/12 2:46:28PM

Posted by meier

He can do well if he competes at Light-Heavyweight

i am not opposed to this, but dont think he'll do it
tallica62
8/8/12 3:35:09PM
I'm all for it..and here's why:

The UFC prob. won't sign him - so he won't fight super top tier guys
A smaller organization will sign him - so he'll fight lower tier guys

all this means the odds of seeing another LHK of death are much much greater...and at this point...that's all I want to see...just 1 more...and I think he feels he needs just 1 more
frizzzlecake
8/8/12 4:04:18PM
To give Cro Cop credit:

Roy Nelson was getting beat on the feet, and had to use his belly jits to beat Cro Cop.

Schaub was also getting his ass kicked until that haymaker from hell landed.

Frank Mir basically humped Cro Cop until that lucky knee.

Would I want him back in the UFC? no not really, but I would like to see him Fight legends outside the UFC. Sylvia/Pitbull come to mind.
infestructure
8/8/12 4:58:15PM
Agree with the guys who said ONE FC.

You just don't know whats going on in his head, I don't want him to fight anymore, but if he has to, he could be a big fish in a small pond. It would be a good signing for ONE FC too, millions would tune in to watch a CroCop fight.
tcunningham
8/8/12 7:19:09PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

ditto
Bubbles
8/8/12 7:45:33PM

Posted by george112

the only way I would want him to come back is if he slims down and learns how to defend the takedown.

he has some of the best TDD in MMA history
frizzzlecake
8/9/12 4:06:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

the only way I would want him to come back is if he slims down and learns how to defend the takedown.

he has some of the best TDD in MMA history

He HAD some of the best TDD.