Mirko Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub in the Works for UFC 128

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub in the Works for UFC 128
emfleek
12/28/10 8:44:27AM
Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic and Brendan Schaub are set to meet on March 19th and will air on the evening’s PPV main card, Fighters Only can exclusively reveal.

Verbal agreements are in place and paperwork is expected to be finalized soon. It had been reported that Schaub was to face Frank Mir, then Stefan Struve, but neither of those matches were contracted and have now been scrapped.

LINK
babalu46
12/28/10 8:57:23AM
This match up all depends on which Cro Cop shows up, the last one we saw would lose this fight IMO but an aggresive Mirko would be a true test of Schaub. Regardless I see someone going to sleep in this one.
gartface
12/28/10 9:17:51AM
Triple threat match between Cro Cop, Schaub and Struve?
pmoney
12/28/10 11:16:14AM
Has anyone wondered why Cro-Cop seemed so tentative when he came over from Pride? The only thing I can think of was maybe he was changing his strategy for the physically larger UFC Heavyweight division.

Reminds me of Wanderlei. His days of reckless aggression appear to be behind him, for better or worse.

Hope Cro-Cop comes through looking good in this fight. I want nothing more than for Filipovic to win by a vintage head kick KO in the UFC.
prozacnation1978
12/28/10 11:53:25AM
Interesting why brendan didn't get struve or mir
Would be funny if struve fights mir now

Big question which cro cop shows up??
icantthinkofanything
12/28/10 12:10:26PM
I think Brendan will put that foot and handspeed on CC to win a UD.

I see this fight going the distance.

Mir vs Struve (Nelson has Cont. Oblig. to anthr comp.)

Where is Big Nog?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Twenty20Dollars
12/28/10 12:47:26PM
Prolly the end of the line here for CroCop *if* this fight happens. Schaub with a tko.
FastKnockout
12/28/10 1:31:03PM
Mir, Struve, Cro Cop... Just pick an opponent already!

If this fight actually happens, I think Schaub will win a decision. Mir knocked Cro Cop out but I don't think his chin is wrecked or anything, and I think he still has enough in him to give Schaub a good fight. Hope Cro Cop wins though.
DCRage
12/28/10 6:42:38PM

Where is Big Nog?

Recovering from knee surgery among other things.
sbulldavid
12/28/10 9:42:09PM
I think this could be the end of the line for Mirko, I personally think that Schaub is going to be a champion someday and already has the tools and poise to be competitive against anybody not named Velasquez. Why do we see Mirko standing around and throwing bombs ? I just don't know if he can throw a kick anymore, now would be a real good time.