Mirko Cro Cop's Agent Turned Down Offer To Fight Semmy Schilt

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mirko Cro Cop's Agent Turned Down Offer To Fight Semmy Schilt
Next Page »
grappler0000
4/16/08 1:36:26PM
Ken Imai, Mirko Cro Cop's agent recently admitted that he turned down an offer to fight K-1 Superstar Semmy Schilt under MMA rules at Dream 1.

"In DREAM first fight, I reject some matchmake plan," Imai told Kamipro Magazine. This is not Mirko's but my decision. For example, I said no about Mirko vs Semmy Schilt (MMA rules). For Mirko's "Dream" first match, Semmy is too hard."

Link
cmill21
4/16/08 1:45:01PM
I would have turned it down to lol.
silverbullet
4/16/08 1:55:39PM
I'm not even going to say anything.

The legend of Cro Cop lives on!
thatfedorsohotrightnow
4/16/08 2:22:39PM
Semmy is just Cro Cop 8 inches taller. That spinning back kick by Schilt on Hunt was unreal. Amazing to see a 6'10" man do that. Fedor says Semmy was one of his toughest fights.
billycarnage
4/16/08 2:56:57PM
Smart move. Not a good time for that kind of fight.
When I saw the way Hunt struggled... granted it was K-1 rules but It sucked. He couldn't do anything. I think CroCop would do better but as long as it stayed standing he would get killed. I would like so see schilt on his back and see what he does.
Jackelope
4/16/08 2:57:49PM
Smart move. Crocop lacked the confidence in that point of his career to take on a match of that caliber. In another fight or two I'd love to see this.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/16/08 3:00:04PM
im with everyone else on this bein smart move, if u leave an org bc u need a break, u dont go fight the best of another org. that would be silly
wrona666
4/16/08 4:14:44PM
I guess all you guys are hanging off CC's nuts cause this just sounds like and weak play to me......
Coloss
4/16/08 4:19:42PM

"...I said no about Mirko vs Semmy Schilt (MMA rules). For Mirko's "Dream" first match, Semmy is too hard."

Pitiful!
Jackelope
4/16/08 4:36:34PM

Posted by wrona666

I guess all you guys are hanging off CC's nuts cause this just sounds like and weak play to me......

His manager did it, not him. Read the actual interview.
wrona666
4/16/08 4:49:11PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wrona666

I know who refused the fight....I didnt say anything about CC himself i just said it sounds pretty weak.....
juanez13
4/16/08 4:51:40PM
i think this a decision in their best interest, no point on this match up at this point, an opponent that can test a bit of everything would be good for mirko, i'd say sergei would be the best opponent for him.
juanez13
4/16/08 4:54:47PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wrona666

I know who refused the fight....I didnt say anything about CC himself i just said it sounds pretty weak.....

if he wants Cro Cop to get back in the mix, and get his confidence back and his stand up back to the way it was, why would he put him against the best kickboxer in the world as his first match.......dont see how people think this is a bad decision, from the manager or mirko himself i think this a good decision, i'd like to see sylvia being offered to fight schilt and see what he says
wrona666
4/16/08 4:56:43PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wrona666

if he wants Cro Cop to get back in the mix, and get his confidence back and his stand up back to the way it was, why would he put him against the best kickboxer in the world as his first match.......dont see how people think this is a bad decision, from the manager or mirko himself i think this a good decision, i'd like to see sylvia being offered to fight schilt and see what he says

If CC doesnt have confidence then he shouldnt be fighting at alllllllll
Pookie
4/16/08 5:04:21PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wrona666

Theres not a single strictly stand-up fighter in the world who could beat Schilt in a mma match, why would someone take this fight when a loss does much more to career then it would help. If he wins not many people will care(even hardcore fans for that matter) but if he loses he completely blows his chances at going back into the ufc, his shot at fedor, and whatever plans he has in store for himself.

Its a stupid fight to take at this point.
juanez13
4/16/08 5:20:43PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by wrona666

what are you talking about.....he is trying to build his confidence back up, getting back to the way he was before, and you start from the bottom and work your way up, you dont go from the bottom straight to the top.....its like saying because the dolphins had a bad season, they should just retire their team, and never played again because they are at the bottom thats not how competitive people are, you loose, well than you gotta work harder, and get back into it, Unlike other people who fall down, and they decide to stay there.
Jackelope
4/16/08 5:32:26PM
We really need that negative props button.

It's just blind hatred coming from an ignaramous. His manager clearly made the decision, not Mirko. I don't see that as a weak play. I see that as a smart managerial decision. This is just as much of a business for these men that stake their livelihood on it as is suiting up for work every day for the average joe.
cmill21
4/16/08 5:43:20PM
Lol to this thread. Some people have no idea what it means to be a manager, or a pro athlete. Why would you let your fighter go fight a guy who is the best of the best when your guys hit a huge rough patch? When your a fighter why would you take a fight against a guy your not ready for? Little bit ignorant in here...
billycarnage
4/16/08 6:10:02PM
If CroCop and team were struttin around saying he is the best and wanting a shot at the best and then turn a fight like this down then I would say that's weak. A career is a career and you have to manage it your own benefit. If he were at the top of his game then Shilt would be a good move but he knows he isn't and the managers are also aware he isn't. I want to see Mirko bounce back more than anything. I believe he can. Shilt would be a stupid move so again I say smart move.
silverbullet
4/16/08 6:32:10PM

Posted by Jackelope

How's that Kool Aid taste?
mutosufan
4/16/08 6:36:46PM
This is a business just like any other. That is what some don't or don't want to realize.

They just want a battle royal.
RMFG_187
4/17/08 1:21:34AM
CC is not ready yet. 1-2 more fights, then let him knock Semmys head off, or his body off from under his head
prozacnation1978
4/17/08 1:26:46AM
cro cop picks his fights like fedor,
i guess the recent loses really messed wit his mind and confidence in himself
Givershit
4/17/08 4:55:44PM
Good old Schlit has lost 4 of his last seven. If Mirko can't beat a sack like that he shouldn't be ranked anywhere near the top ten.
cmill21
4/17/08 6:46:35PM

Posted by Givershit

Good old Schlit has lost 4 of his last seven. If Mirko can't beat a sack like that he shouldn't be ranked anywhere near the top ten.

Wow you are so ignorant it's rediculous. Do you even know who Semmy is or did you just sherdog fight finder search him? lol.
EON
4/17/08 6:52:27PM

Posted by Givershit

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Vietnamese_Guy
4/17/08 7:10:01PM

Posted by EON

Posted by Givershit

bls1919
4/17/08 8:31:26PM
i dont like the call. bad Managing. Instead of fighting Schilt, he fought some shlub no one knew. Granted Semmy is a great fighter. but i think it would have done more for his "confidence" if he were to lose a war with Schilt (a fight i would pick him to win) than bashing a can for about a minute. CC has been a favorite of mine for a long time, but his time is now if he want to make a run at any type of MMA " GOLD". He isnt getting any younger at 34
Coloss
4/17/08 8:52:45PM
It is true that Shilt wasn't so successful MMA fighter at all, so I do not see why should Mirco or his manager fear him...
JimiMak
4/17/08 9:05:04PM
Good dec. Woulda been stupid to fight Schilt now. His career woulda been done after losing that one.
Pages: [1] 2