uh oh, more Miragliotta controversy.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » uh oh, more Miragliotta controversy.
gartface
6/7/08 3:23:50PM
Early stoppage again in the Werdum/Vera fight.
nickcuc547
6/7/08 3:28:18PM
ya that one was worse than the kimbo one if you ask me, vera was in a very bad position but he wasn't hurt, that shouldn't have been stopped. the first round was a pretty evenly matched first round too its too bad.
imanidiot777
6/7/08 3:29:25PM
He even said that he was saying "I'm Okay!!" from the bottom when asked, Dan has got to go as a referee with one more joke like that.
gartface
6/7/08 3:30:27PM
He's gotta protect the fighters, but that was ridiculous. Give him 5 or 10 more seconds to see how he handled it. There was 15 seconds left. It's funny though, he stopped that, but he didn't stop Kevin Ferguson when he was mounted in a crucifix for 2 minutes.
I think Herb Dean would've stopped it at about he same time.
imanidiot777
6/7/08 3:32:17PM

Posted by gartface

He's gotta protect the fighters, but that was ridiculous. Give him 5 or 10 more seconds to see how he handled it. There was 15 seconds left. It's funny though, he stopped that, but he didn't stop Kevin Ferguson when he was mounted in a crucifix for 2 minutes.

Maybe he got scolded for NOT stopping the Kimbo fight when he was getting elbow-smashed so he made sure on this one.
Raykill
6/7/08 3:39:49PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by gartface

Maybe he got scolded for NOT stopping the Kimbo fight when he was getting elbow-smashed so he made sure on this one.

Either way, doesnt he know I suck enough on my picks? I dont need his help.
mrsmiley
6/7/08 3:43:41PM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by gartface

Either way, doesnt he know I suck enough on my picks? I dont need his help.

Twenty20Dollars
6/7/08 5:15:50PM
so im guessing miragliotta is premature type of guy.
puppetmaster837
6/7/08 6:29:05PM
This just shows how bad he is as a referee. He has no idea when to actually stop a fight. First he didnt stop a fight, and now he does one way to early. There shouldn't be that much of a difference in between punishment it takes to stop a fight from one referee.
grappler0000
6/7/08 6:33:46PM

Posted by imanidiot777

He even said that he was saying "I'm Okay!!" from the bottom when asked, Dan has got to go as a referee with one more joke like that.

Perhaps he needed to give a thumbs up in order to be saved
warglory
6/7/08 8:22:31PM
I thought it was a good call. If you guys watch the replay, you'll see that Vera was getting nailed with a barrage of punches and at the very end rolled over away from Werdum and was close to turtling up. Vera was NOT going to get out of this and wasn't making a valiant effort anyway. Was Vera fine? Yes, but he clearly lost the fight, so all is good.
Porch28
6/7/08 9:27:39PM
I just really hope they dont use him anymore. I saw a video interview with him where he said he didnt lose an ounce of sleep after the kimbo fight. Makes you appreciate Big John that much more
Jackelope
6/7/08 9:40:16PM
Horrible, horrible stoppage IMO. So, what now every time someone gets full mount they're going to stop the fight?

I mean honestly... Vera wasn't even cut or bleeding. No mouse under his eye or anything. He blocked 3/4 of those shots
MMAcca
6/7/08 10:16:16PM
Early stoppage yes, but Vera was going nowhere annd was just getting pounded......
candynuts
6/7/08 10:17:30PM

Posted by warglory

I thought it was a good call. If you guys watch the replay, you'll see that Vera was getting nailed with a barrage of punches and at the very end rolled over away from Werdum and was close to turtling up. Vera was NOT going to get out of this and wasn't making a valiant effort anyway. Was Vera fine? Yes, but he clearly lost the fight, so all is good.

Thats kinda what I thought. Once Werdum was in the mount raining punches even though they werent clearly connecting, I thought the fight was going to get stopped. There was still 20 seconds left in the round when it was stopped and he was rolling away while covering up but I dont think he could have intelligently defended himself for an extra 20 seconds.
MMAcca
6/7/08 10:19:09PM

Posted by candynuts

Posted by warglory

Thats kinda what I thought. Once Werdum was in the mount raining punches even though they werent clearly connecting, I thought the fight was going to get stopped. There was still 20 seconds left in the round when it was stopped and he was rolling away while covering up but I dont think he could have intelligently defended himself for an extra 20 seconds.

MALICE
6/7/08 10:28:36PM
It is common sense that when someone has you mounted, you lay completely still and accept every single strike directly to the head, for AT LEAST a minute. Even Kimbo knows that. You dont cover up and roll side to side to avoid punches. Common Vera what were you thinking?
Mchubb316
6/7/08 11:13:09PM
I thought it was an early stoppage. It is tough though in his postition, you don't want to let a fighter get hurt, and I am sure it is a lot easier to see it was an early stoppage when we are sitting at home, and he is standing over a guy who is getting hit repeatidly and just covering his head.
MMAcca
6/8/08 6:13:36AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

It is common sense that when someone has you mounted, you lay completely still and accept every single strike directly to the head, for AT LEAST a minute. Even Kimbo knows that. You dont cover up and roll side to side to avoid punches. Common Vera what were you thinking?

Props
holt8081
6/8/08 5:18:22PM
maybe he saw that vera could be JT's brother and said "ill get you for your brother shoving me in the head" and called it.