Mir, Velasquez in No. 1 contentder bout at UFC 146

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mir, Velasquez in No. 1 contentder bout at UFC 146
Next Page »
grappler0000
3/7/12 3:37:49PM
A former UFC heavyweight champion will be the next No. 1 contender for the belt, and we'll find out who that is at UFC 146.

“Verbal agreements are in for a No. 1 contender match between former UFC world heavyweight champions Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez at UFC 146, May 26 in Las Vegas,” UFC president Dana White said.

The fight will be part of a card that pits current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos against Alistair Overeem in the UFC 146 main event. The winner of that fight will know right away who he'll be facing, either Velasquez or Mir...

Full Story
emfleek
3/7/12 3:42:12PM
This card is absolutely sick.

Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva
Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez
Jason Miller vs. CB Dolloway
Dan Hardy vs. Duane Ludwig
Jacob Volkmann vs. Paul Sass
Darren Elkins vs. Diego Brandao
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shane del Rosario
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
Evan Dunham vs. Edson Barboza

SERIOUSLY!?!?
mattjonesy
3/7/12 3:47:11PM
couldnt prop! Velasquez is going to make an example out of Mir!
Budgellism
3/7/12 3:48:33PM

Posted by emfleek

SERIOUSLY!?!?

Ridiculously stacked.
bjj1605
3/7/12 4:25:49PM
Wow....

I'm so completely stoked for this fight.
Theoutlaw08
3/7/12 4:51:12PM
This card is straight nasty. Cant wait for it.
I like this fight for #1 contender.
I think Mir gives a better fight than people think.
DrivenDavies15
3/7/12 4:59:50PM
R U SERIOUS!? This card is gonna be freakin awesome! Three huge heavyweight fight, plus guys like Barboza and Dunham. Looks like i'm paying $10 extra for the HD this time!
Boo_Radley21
3/7/12 5:12:37PM
Great card. Cain should whip on Mir petty bad though
shaneTpain
3/7/12 5:29:48PM
A card without prelims?! Ha HAAAA!
Bubbles
3/7/12 5:46:18PM
i can see Mir pulling off the "upset"

why would they stack this event at such a small venue? any hockey/basketball arena that holds 16,000+ will easily sell out and get a shitload more gate revenue.
prozacnation1978
3/7/12 6:12:23PM
Very nice card. Here I was hoping just for a tito vs forrest co main. And not only did I get mir vs velasquez but also big foot vs nelson. This could be one of the best Ufc events I go to
tcunningham
3/7/12 10:20:58PM
i think if mir cant catch cain in a sub then cain either wins by ko/tko or unan decision. i think this fight will be fun to watch though
lohmann
3/7/12 10:46:19PM
If Mir relaxes on his back and is content to wait for a submission or opening to fall straight into his lap, Cain Velasquez will punch his face in quicker than Lesnar did. Mir's been an extremely passive fighter in the past - against Carwin and against Lesnar the second time - and I can see something similar to that happening here.

Velasquez probably holds the advantage standing up, although both fighters have suspect chins.
Sir_Karl
3/8/12 12:10:10AM
That is a super duper stacked card and it will be completely exciting to watch but you know what? This is exactly what is wrong with the UFC. They will have a few stacked cards a year and a bunch of "crappy" ones. I really wish they would "spread it around" a little better.
KungFuMaster
3/8/12 2:43:26AM
Mir is one of my favorites but I cannot see him beating Junior. Junior will simply be too fast for Mir. With that said, I have to root for Cain and I hope Junior defends against Overeem.

I would like Overeem to win too but I feel Cain and Junior have unfinished business because I feel their fight needs to have closure.

I'm posting like a woman who is trying on clothes and cannot decide what she wants.

Here is what I want.

1. Cain vs JDS II
2. JDS vs Overeem
3. Cain vs Overeem
4. Hunt vs the current ufc hw champion

After all these fights, I wouldn't mind if the world ends.
KingCmb
3/8/12 7:30:18AM
gotta go mir i understand hes a underdog here but i think cains standup is vastly overrated and on the ground its a toss up to either mir gets pounded out the way he was by carwin and lesnar or he grabs a limb and its all over

war Mir
emfleek
3/8/12 8:47:01AM
Looking in to my prosthetic crystal ball, I see this one panning out in a Carwin/Mir-like fashion.

KingCmb
3/8/12 8:53:21AM

Posted by emfleek

Looking in to my prosthetic crystal ball, I see this one panning out in a Carwin/Mir-like fashion.

care to bet on it

emfleek
3/8/12 8:54:19AM

Posted by the-king

care to bet on it

I'd take Velasquez all day every day in a fight against Mir.
KingCmb
3/8/12 8:55:30AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by the-king

care to bet on it

I'd take Velasquez all day every day in a fight against Mir.

id love to make my first bet on mirs back
emfleek
3/8/12 8:57:33AM

Posted by the-king

Start posting a lot more and I may consider an avatar bet as the fight approaches. I'll gladly hand you your first loss!

KingCmb
3/8/12 9:00:32AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by the-king

Start posting a lot more and I may consider an avatar bet as the fight approaches. I'll gladly hand you your first loss!

ooh yee of little faith well since the all powerfull emfleek is already looking for an out and blaming my posting anyone else wanna step up im in but its a shame i cant take out that disgusting colts jersey
emfleek
3/8/12 9:06:14AM

Posted by the-king

ooh yee of little faith well since the all powerfull emfleek is already looking for an out and blaming my posting anyone else wanna step up im in but its a shame i cant take out that disgusting colts jersey

Well, it would be pretty pointless to avatar bet someone that rarely posts in the forums.
KingCmb
3/8/12 9:08:55AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by the-king

Well, it would be pretty pointless to avatar bet someone that rarely posts in the forums.

im just using the cheal sonnen aproach right now to goad you into this
emfleek
3/8/12 9:10:31AM

Posted by the-king

Let's talk when the fight gets a bit closer.
prophecy033
3/8/12 1:59:39PM

Posted by emfleek

SERIOUSLY!?!?

on paper, this is card of the year
prophecy033
3/8/12 2:03:55PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by the-king

when you win Fleek, hook him up with the best Manning Av EVER!!!!
KingCmb
3/8/12 2:09:20PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by the-king

when you win Fleek, hook him up with the best Manning Av EVER!!!!

or fleek will rock this
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
emfleek
3/8/12 2:12:55PM

Posted by the-king

or fleek will rock this

1 - Not happening.

2 - There are a few others who've surpassed Brady on my "Most Hated" list. The avatar wouldn't phase me one bit.

3 - Not happening.
rush13
3/8/12 4:34:46PM
I would love to call dibs on that avatar bet...I'm a newbie poster as well...Murr has a shot but I'd take Cain all day as well...I just wonder if Cain will make Murr's face look worse than Brock did at 100 lol
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2