Mir turns to Greg Jackson for Cormier fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mir turns to Greg Jackson for Cormier fight
Rabi
2/14/13 11:52:29AM
A new face will appear in Frank Mir's corner when he takes on Daniel Cormier at a UFC on Fox event in April: Greg Jackson.

Mir, 33, plans to join Jackson in Albuquerque for an eight-week camp beginning later this month. It's the first time the Las Vegas native will train for a fight outside his hometown.

Following a second-round TKO loss to Junior Dos Santos for the UFC title in May, Mir says he felt a need to modify his standard routine.

"I've always felt I have great trainers so there was no reason to leave, but my wife and I were talking about how I needed to change things up," Mir told ESPN.com. "One of the things was maybe I should get out of town and get more focused.

LINK
postman
2/14/13 12:24:10PM
Not a bad idea always felt Mir needed to go to a gym and get pushed.
FastKnockout
2/14/13 12:49:32PM
Good move for him. He probably has a good feel of the coaches after helping Team Jones on TUF this season.
frizzzlecake
2/14/13 2:08:34PM
His wife told him to get out of town. So I could come over.
prozacnation1978
2/14/13 2:28:30PM
I like the move.
He needs to start training in other spots
scoozna
2/14/13 3:24:00PM
"I'll sign his cast after the fight."...great quote.

I think this is a smart move. Mir does need a solid gameplan to beat Cormier.
Bubbles
2/14/13 3:29:35PM
Mir by armbar
Chieftan1997
2/14/13 4:19:32PM
Good move for Frank but he'll still get pounded out!!! He should of made a move like this earlier in his career.

Cormier TKO RD2!!!
BillsNewAccount
2/14/13 5:23:51PM

Posted by Chieftan1997

Good move for Frank but he'll still get pounded out!!! He should of made a move like this earlier in his career.

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

Oh yeah right... Like a hard hitting wrestler could ever beat Mir.
Goatenstein
2/14/13 5:42:24PM
Mir can't win this fight in boring ways. Quick sub or getting pummeled are his choices.
postman
2/14/13 7:07:18PM
Yoi guys cant see mir winning this on the feet?
MaxOne
2/14/13 8:01:39PM
I always enjoy when the vets pull off upsets/surprise wins. It would be cool if Mir won. Cormier is a beast though and I also enjoy watching wrestlers frustrate & beat up bjj guys.

so, either way I'm good. Kind of want to see Mir win more.
40ouncetpkid
2/15/13 6:30:48AM
Who knows if I was Mir I'd take a page out of Werdums playbook against Fedor, just get knocked down early and catch him coming in wild.
airkerma
2/15/13 9:43:55AM

Posted by postman

Yoi guys cant see mir winning this on the feet?

That's basically the only way I see him winning it, as long as his chin holds up.
KingCmb
2/15/13 10:16:11AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Chieftan1997

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

theres know way youd man up and av bet on it
40ouncetofreedom
2/15/13 10:37:17AM
If Mir does win, Guess that throws a wrench in the 205 scene with DC, I don't see Mir winning though, Cormier top level wrestling and striking seems to get better each fight.I think this goes down similar to the Barney fight but i think Cormier will get a late (T)KO.

I would've like to have seen Mir vs Barnett, not reall sure why just a fight i always found intriguing for some reason.
Bubbles
2/15/13 12:09:22PM
Barnett, Mir, Nog, Werdum, Gonzaga...any combination of them I wanna see (minus Mir/Nog III) sometime soon. I don't care what happened way back when, this is 2013
BillsNewAccount
2/15/13 12:13:49PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Chieftan1997

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

theres know way youd man up and av bet on it

You must knot now who you're dealing with.

Future AV bet accepted bruh.

Come at me bro.

I just wanna bang bro.