Mir out, McCully in

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mir out, McCully in
ffforgottenx
3/8/07 8:27:50AM
source

Thursday, March 08, 2007
by Josh Gross (joshg@sherdog.com)

Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has fallen off April 5's UFC Fight Night Card with an undisclosed injury, Sherdog.com learned Wednesday. Taking the 27-year-old Mir's place versus Dutch striker Antoni Hardonk is UFC newcomer Justin McCully.

Mir (9-3-0) has fallen hard since suffering serious leg injuries stemming from a motorcycle accident in Sept. 2004. Returning to the Octagon last year, Mir went 1-2, losing in the first round to Marcio Cruz and Brandon Vera while taking a close decision against Dan Christison.

McCully (7-3-2) had not fought for three years before winning twice in Oct. 2006. Losing to Evan Tanner in the finals of Pancrase's 1998 New-Blood tournament, McCully fought actively until 2000. Today he is best known for being a training partner of former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz.

-------------------------------

i have no interest in this bout mccully isnt very impressive
should be an easy win for hardonk, similar to the pendergarst fight
Stickan
3/8/07 8:30:02AM
I got Hardonk, who's willing to bet against me? :P

I wonder if Mir gets another chance now...
waylon_o
3/8/07 8:30:55AM
They should put this on the undercard and let us see a more competitive bout.
ffforgottenx
3/8/07 8:35:10AM

Posted by waylon_o

id rather see ficket/nakamura or kotani/tavares..

and according to the MMAWeekly rumors section, jeff joslin and anthony torres are no longer on the card either.. it has hironaka and carneiro against TBA..
SteedTheDeed
3/8/07 4:05:33PM
this almost makes me happy, i feared that mir was gonna lose.
Berti
3/8/07 4:22:27PM
i think mir's undisclosed injury is obesity...hehehe
Svartorm
3/9/07 1:53:05AM
Mir probably realized Hardonk was going to end his career via legkick and decided against the fight.
Manfred
3/9/07 2:07:35AM
McCully's going to take this for sure. Recent history has been good to last minute replacements who are expected to lose.
Hogzilla
3/9/07 10:40:14AM
I feel ya. I think McCully got this one!
Broknmunky
3/9/07 3:15:05PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by waylon_o

id rather see ficket/nakamura or kotani/tavares..

and according to the MMAWeekly rumors section, jeff joslin and anthony torres are no longer on the card either.. it has hironaka and carneiro against TBA..

Have these rumors been confirmed yet?
ffforgottenx
3/9/07 3:24:32PM

Posted by Broknmunky

still nothing on the rumors page.. still TBA.. no announcement as to if/why joslin and torres actually were dropped or not.. the event is still a month away, so im sure there will be developments in the coming weeks
Broknmunky
3/10/07 8:36:39AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by Broknmunky

still nothing on the rumors page.. still TBA.. no announcement as to if/why joslin and torres actually were dropped or not.. the event is still a month away, so im sure there will be developments in the coming weeks

Thanks! I'll keep checking around.
hippysmacker
3/10/07 8:10:04PM
Hadonk is gonna wup him Tito's boy IMO. 1rst rd. KO