MIr Dec 0% (0)
Lesner T(KO) 48% (39)
Lesner Sub 1% (1)
Lesner Dec 1% (1)
mentalcase
12/28/08 3:39:27AM
Twenty20Dollars
12/28/08 3:45:05AM
Well since I think Mir is confident in his striking, he will probably get tko'd by brock. Mir will stand but get rocked and tko'd.

Got to say this works out great, Lesnar vs Mir 2 can sell much better than lesnar vs nog.

Also this could set up a fight between Couture vs Nog.
Hendo67
12/28/08 3:58:39AM
Well, i think Mir's ego has grown to like 2100 lbs after this fight.

I think that Lesnar will destroy, and i mean destroy Mir.
mrkennedy
12/28/08 4:01:13AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well since I think Mir is confident in his striking, he will probably get tko'd by brock. Mir will stand but get rocked and tko'd.

Got to say this works out great, Lesnar vs Mir 2 can sell much better than lesnar vs nog.

Also this could set up a fight between Couture vs Nog.

can say nothing else
copcopps
12/28/08 11:17:26AM
I think Brock's gonna get subbed again but less controversially
cmb19932
12/28/08 11:20:03AM
i am a huge brock fan and mir fan but the first time i was on brocks side after last night man i got mir ...
NinjaCyborg
12/28/08 1:04:22PM
Well I think we've all seen Brock grow as a fighter in his last 2 fights. I believe he's learned enough already over this last year to not make the same mistakes with Mir. There won't be any illegal back of the head shots, there won't be any point deductions and Brock won't fly in like a raging maniac.

I believe Brock is simply going to man handle Mir and TKO him.
nickcuc547
12/28/08 1:07:28PM
either way it's going to be finnished, i think frank gets a hold of a limb again.
imanidiot777
12/28/08 1:12:41PM
Last night definitely is making me think twice but I'm still going Lesnar TKO. He has good enough wrestling to keep it standing and I think he can out-strike Mir, his striking looked a lot better in the Couture fight and if he can just dirty box with Frank, his short punches are enough to knock him out.
Jackelope
12/28/08 1:26:46PM
Mir needs to start pumping weights and working cardio tomorrow. I still think Mir can easily handle Lesnar if he comes in with his body prepared. It's just a matter of having the physical tools to get the fight to the ground and finish the "big sumbitch" off. As Randy would say, anyway

The major difference between a fight with Lesnar and Mir compared to Lesnar and Couture is that Lesnar won't have a 60 lb. weight advantage. Mir is a natural 250lb. heavyweight, so while Lesnar's punches will definitely hurt, it won't be quite like a grown man punching a little boy like it was with Couture vs. Lesnar. Big enough heavyweights will be able to take those shots a hell of a lot better.

Also, did anyone else notice that Lesnar pronounced "Mir" correctly instead of saying "Murr"? I'm telling you.. Brock reads the stuff that's being said about him on the internet, and his insecurity and need to prove himself is plainly obvious. I mention that because I think Frank Mir is in a perfect situation to play mindgames with Lesnar, which he's already started. They will play a factor in this fight.
imanidiot777
12/28/08 1:49:03PM

Posted by Jackelope

Mir needs to start pumping weights and working cardio tomorrow. I still think Mir can easily handle Lesnar if he comes in with his body prepared. It's just a matter of having the physical tools to get the fight to the ground and finish the "big sumbitch" off. As Randy would say, anyway

The major difference between a fight with Lesnar and Mir compared to Lesnar and Couture is that Lesnar won't have a 60 lb. weight advantage. Mir is a natural 250lb. heavyweight, so while Lesnar's punches will definitely hurt, it won't be quite like a grown man punching a little boy like it was with Couture vs. Lesnar. Big enough heavyweights will be able to take those shots a hell of a lot better.

Also, did anyone else notice that Lesnar pronounced "Mir" correctly instead of saying "Murr"? I'm telling you.. Brock reads the stuff that's being said about him on the internet, and his insecurity and need to prove himself is plainly obvious. I mention that because I think Frank Mir is in a perfect situation to play mindgames with Lesnar, which he's already started. They will play a factor in this fight.

Herring was over 250 lbs in the Lesnar fight and look what the punches did to his face. He can man-handle 250 lbs.
Jackelope
12/28/08 2:11:12PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by Jackelope

Herring was over 250 lbs in the Lesnar fight and look what the punches did to his face. He can man-handle 250 lbs.

You missed my point entirely, since that was a part of the point. Herring took a clean and powerful shot, and it didn't KO him, although obviously it rocked him. Whereas Couture took a clipping shot and it put him on queer sreet and down for the count. Read what I said-

Mir is a natural 250lb. heavyweight, so while Lesnar's punches will definitely hurt, it won't be quite like a grown man punching a little boy like it was with Couture vs. Lesnar. Big enough heavyweights will be able to take those shots a hell of a lot better.
Bowen50
12/28/08 2:22:06PM
after last night there is no way i'm not picking Mir, especially seems how Mir has beaten him already. i have Mir by sub again, hell he could even TKO Brock seems how his chin has never been tested and Mir's striking looked phenomenal last night.
warglory
12/28/08 3:08:52PM
A cautious Lesnar is a DANGEROUS Lesnar, and I am confident that Lesnar is going to be very cautious going in against Mir. Mir's title reign will be short lived, and we will finally have ourselves an undisputed champion.
Aether
12/28/08 5:02:13PM
Tough to call... After last night I am going to have to think about this before I make any decision. Like most people I didn't expect Mir to win, although I did believe that Nog had been getting steadily slower / more susceptible to KOs and that it was a matter of time before someone put him away, I didn't believe Frank would be the one to do it.

His standup looked significantly improved and his cardio still looked a little iffy to me, but I don't think that will be an issue in this fight. People are saying that brock won't make the same mistake in getting subbed, maybe he won't, but against a BJJ practitioner of Frank's caliber there's a pretty good chance that he'll make a different mistake and Frank will absolutely be able to capitalize on it. I don't believe that Brock can defend for very long against Frank. At the same time I don't know if he'll have to defend for very long if he executes a controlled ground and Pound.

I think Brock's best chance is probably to keep it on his feet, try to catch Frank and finish him as quickly as possible with a controlled GnP. I think if he tries to take Frank down when he's fully alert he'll be in a dangerous situation. I'm leaning towards Frank right now. I think I'll have to look at Lesnar's fights again to decide.
higdon10
12/28/08 5:08:42PM
I think that Lesnar is going to pound Mir out in a middle round. I think he will be able to avoid Mir's submission attempts and will become the undisputed champ. Ugh. Makes me sick to say that.
Wolfenstein
12/28/08 5:20:08PM
Tough matchup to call because both guys have a great chance at finishing the fight. Brock could test the soft chin of Mir and put him away, or Mir could finish him quickly on the ground.

The outcome of the fight will most likely be determined by whether Brock keeps the fight standing or not, because I think he would eventually KO Mir standing for five rounds, but if he gets popped by Mir a few times on the feet I think he will take it down. On the ground I think Mir is just too dangerous for Brock. Mir has such a strong grip that once he latches on I don't think Brock can escape.

I'll go with Mir again via submission.
mentalcase
12/29/08 11:44:30PM
i think Mir find a sub in the first rd again i know lesner will be cautious but theres only so much sub defence u can learn in a year, franks been training submissions all his life
State_Champ
12/30/08 10:09:18AM
I hope Lesnar will pound Mir unconscious!
I don't like Mir (I think he's arrogant) and I have been a Lesnar fan since he started.
If Lesnar hadn't almost won his first match against Mir (with minimal experience and in a few seconds) then I would probably pick Mir because of his awesome fight against Big Nog. However, I feel like Lesnar has progressed, as a fighter, at an alarming rate and he can take Mir when they meet.
Snowstud0101
12/30/08 5:26:10PM
I don't care what any of you think Mir's win over Nog was not impressive at all! Nog looked like a sloppy old man! All that Nog is known for is taking a A## whooping and pulling off a submission. Herring,Sylvia,Sapp come to mind. Lesnar will destroy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gweedo
1/12/09 7:49:48PM
Mir is the returning "KING" at HW and will destroy all.
Gweedo
1/12/09 7:53:19PM

Posted by Snowstud0101

I don't care what any of you think Mir's win over Nog was not impressive at all! Nog looked like a sloppy old man! All that Nog is known for is taking a A## whooping and pulling off a submission. Herring,Sylvia,Sapp come to mind. Lesnar will destroy him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comments like this won't get you props dude
casey64
1/12/09 8:06:47PM
Go Lesnar, Lesnar by TKO.
ThePitbull1
1/13/09 9:13:59AM
Lesnar is going to knock mir down and then pound him out. The referee will run in and stop the fight this time, much like the last fight should have went down before the worst referee of all time stopped the fight and took a point away with no warning... Mirs stand-up looked a bit improved but he didnt do anyting special Nog just came in like shit and was not ready. I hope that is Frank plans on standing with lunchbox fist he does something more than right, left, uppercut..Right, left, Uppercut... Regardless, Brock by T(KO) within the first two rds.
ThePitbull1
1/13/09 9:15:26AM
Also, both of these guys have horrible haircuts.. Who wins between Frank and Brock, Battle of the Bad Haircuts?!
copcopps
1/13/09 10:23:21AM

Posted by ThePitbull1

Also, both of these guys have horrible haircuts.. Who wins between Frank and Brock, Battle of the Bad Haircuts?!

Mir, Brock's dick tattoo distracts you from his hair
Skatanicus
1/14/09 8:24:34AM
I'm willing to bet that Lesnar will beat Mir this time. I see Mir as the real champ, as he beat Nogueira who is a better fighter than Couture and had most recently won the title, but Lesnar will be undisputed.
Pinball
1/14/09 11:02:06AM
I think Mir is one of the smartest fighters in the UFC. That being said, I would say he will have a good game plan to handle Lesnar's size and strength. I think he will probably play the Machida card, stay away and force Brock into a mistake. And I think it will only take one mistake!
thefyn
1/15/09 9:09:03AM
I am seeing Brock get softer and softer each time he fights. And Randy wasn't exactly overpowered in the clinch. I think his MASSIVE power advantage may be slipping with all of the cross training he is doing.

So I don;t think he will steamroll Mir as much as some people think. He will be stronger but not rag doll strong IMO.

This fight pivots on one thing: Is Mir going to train harder for this fight than any other in his career? Because he can get cocky and dismissive and if he does, Brock will be 20 times the athlete than Mir.
mrsmiley
1/15/09 9:44:56AM
Well I picked Lesnar to win the 1st fight,but this time I gotta go with Mir.
Brock has proved he can use his power and size to his advantage,but to be honest,I really don't think he's improved as much as people are giving him credit for.(Maybe he has,but I don't think we've seen it yet)
I think his standup has still got huge gaps in it.take away his size and strength,and I don't think his standup is as effective as it is now.

I think Brock can win for sure though,but I'm giving Mir the advantage because I think Brock still relies too much on strength and size.
Mir will use leverage to his advantage,and tap brock out again.
Pages: [1] 2