mir vs lesnar - special rules match

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » mir vs lesnar - special rules match
POLL: what would be the most entertaining pro wrestling match in UFC format.
Ladder Match 14% (5)
Hell in a cell 26% (9)
Hog Pen Match 3% (1)
Royal Rumble 34% (12)
Casket Match 3% (1)
1 hour iron man match 20% (7)
Cobbs666
1/14/08 7:57:36PM
since they are already in a cage they should have a hell in a cell match
casey64
1/14/08 8:01:02PM
ha i understand what your sayin man i have mixed emotions about him i mean he wont make up his mind what he wants to do he was in wwe then tried out for the Vikings then he comes to ufc
tuvok500
1/14/08 8:02:15PM
Lesnar will tap as soon as he will be hit in the face , so no need to have special rule since the fight will not be very long !!

Mir rd 1 sub !! well Lesnar will tap instead of being TKO !!

casey64
1/14/08 8:10:56PM
the guy is huge man he wont even be able to throw his fist without his bicep hitting him in the face.
LayinFrame
1/14/08 8:12:17PM
lesnar is a steroidal hemroid ready to pop, mir winning by submission 2nd round. the end
casey64
1/14/08 8:15:49PM
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/14/08 8:21:57PM
shit royal rumble man...have all the god damn HW jump in there
juanez13
1/14/08 8:23:27PM
i think lesnar is gonna win, he is gonna take mir down and put all his weight on mir , and as long as he avoids subs, which isnt that hard if he doesnt go nuts trying to smash mirs face and lets his arms wonder around , so i say lesnar holds mir down for 3 rounds, and either wears him out for a late TKO, or takes a UD....

lesnar is gonna run into huge trouble when he faces someone he cant take down, or is to quick for him to get a hold of, someone like AA, who will probably circle him without let lesnar get to close.........i think even if lesnar trains stand up alot, i think he will be below avergae at best, he arms are to wide and short, making them slow, his striking at best will be like matt hughes striking....

i think royal rumble would be the best with random fighter in there...
kevietre
1/14/08 8:59:05PM
I hate to say it but I'm more excitied for this fight than Big Nog vs. Big Tim. Only because so much is on the line for Mir. If he wins he's the man and he gets put back into title contention. But if he losses he becomes "that guy Brock Lesnar whooped" and he won't be able to work his way back into a title picture. He really is at a crossroads in his career. Ever since the motorcycle accident he's 2-2 and if he gets dominated by a former pro wrestler whose 1-0 in mma on the co-main event of a PPV I don't see him regaining the gold and finding the competitive spirit to compete. Mir is my boy and im nervous for him.
Basshandsome
1/14/08 9:07:55PM
I think that Mir will be thrown into the ref temporarily leaving the ref unconscious and then Lesner will F-5 Mir and pin him for the win but the ref will be out so Lesner will try to wake him up and then Arianny will sip Mir a folded chair which he will hit Lesner with and then the Ref will wake up and stop the fight Via Ko for Mir.

Cobbs666
1/14/08 11:57:47PM

Posted by Basshandsome

I think that Mir will be thrown into the ref temporarily leaving the ref unconscious and then Lesner will F-5 Mir and pin him for the win but the ref will be out so Lesner will try to wake him up and then Arianny will sip Mir a folded chair which he will hit Lesner with and then the Ref will wake up and stop the fight Via Ko for Mir.

and then the ref will take off a mask and it will be "big" john mccarthy coming out of retirement and helping lesnar win and then becomes his manager
loonytnt
1/14/08 11:58:16PM
i think mir is going win this fight by sub, but i hope lesnar win because i want him to go fight a good stand up guy so he can get KO, i just dont like all the crap he talks
LayinFrame
1/15/08 3:44:22AM

Posted by juanez13

i think lesnar is gonna win, he is gonna take mir down and put all his weight on mir , and as long as he avoids subs, which isnt that hard if he doesnt go nuts trying to smash mirs face and lets his arms wonder around , so i say lesnar holds mir down for 3 rounds, and either wears him out for a late TKO, or takes a UD....

lesnar is gonna run into huge trouble when he faces someone he cant take down, or is to quick for him to get a hold of, someone like AA, who will probably circle him without let lesnar get to close.........i think even if lesnar trains stand up alot, i think he will be below avergae at best, he arms are to wide and short, making them slow, his striking at best will be like matt hughes striking....

i think royal rumble would be the best with random fighter in there...

i agree with you in a sense juan, if lesnar is able to take him down hes pretty much ****** for a couple minutes. Mir has an ok take down defense, but lesnar like i said is a steroidal hemroid. Hes got that thing called "Roid Rage" and its tough seeing if he has wat it takes, since his mma debute lasted for about 1 minute hehe. i just dont see a former Wwe fighter coming out and winning over somone like mir right now.
ufcboss
1/15/08 8:12:08AM
In the beginning I said Mir by submission, Although the chance of that still happening remain high, I now say Lesner will win. After seeing that he is really trying, He will hold Mir down and hopefully give us a TKO.

On the post, Hell in a cell.
StevenSeagal
1/15/08 9:41:58AM
Id love to see one of them choke slam the other through the top of the chain link fench... Hell in the cell, ala Mick Foley
Boo_Radley21
1/15/08 9:48:47PM
Elimation chamber!!!!
Pitbull09
1/16/08 12:26:43AM
Ha, I would want an ironman match. No rounds, just a fight for one hour straight to see who scores the Ko or Submission first.

The fight will be funny cause it will still end in a minute with Mir the winner
Cobbs666
1/16/08 10:02:32PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Ha, I would want an ironman match. No rounds, just a fight for one hour straight to see who scores the Ko or Submission first.

it would have to be a true iron man match up, even if you get ko'd you have to still fight for the full hour, whoever has the most ko's subs all together wins...if there is a tie it must go to sudden victory
Pitbull09
1/17/08 3:12:15AM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by Pitbull09

it would have to be a true iron man match up, even if you get ko'd you have to still fight for the full hour, whoever has the most ko's subs all together wins...if there is a tie it must go to sudden victory

lol your right, i forgot about the WWE rules. Its been at least four years since I;ve watched. I remember kurt and brock in one and half of it was them standing around do nothing.

An actual ironman match like that would result in death though as if a guy got KOed and had to start fighting again, he would prob keep getting Koed until he eventually got mutliple concussions and bled out in the head. Sick if you ask me
curtisdtcom
2/2/08 5:17:30PM
I think it should be a regular match. However when Steve Mazzagati raises Mir's hand at the end of the match Tim Sylvia will run up and beat both Mir and Mazzagati with a steel chair, and him and brock will start doing tag team matches.