Mir Disappoints Kaplan

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mir Disappoints Kaplan
Wolfenstein
11/6/08 6:09:21PM
In this Spike.com exclusive, Frank Mir takes Dave Kaplan's loss to Phillipe Nover personally and shies away from the camera as he sheds a few tears. Good to see some emotion, at least he cares.

link
Twenty20Dollars
11/6/08 7:15:57PM
Oh is dave kaplan suppose to be really good? Because he got manhandled by Nover.
DevonFoxy
11/6/08 8:11:31PM
Yea he may be a good fighter but until he can admit that he got beat and Nover is a better fighter he won't be able to get better imo.
imanidiot777
11/6/08 10:16:55PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea he may be a good fighter but until he can admit that he got beat and Nover is a better fighter he won't be able to get better imo.

Agreed, he sounded sour after that fight.
scooter19820
11/7/08 12:55:11AM
We obviously didn't see all of Kaplan's training, but he got run over. How him or Mir could sit there and say he's the most talented fighter on the show confuses me? I like Mir, and hate to say it, but Junie was right about Kaplan. It'd take Nover 8 out of 10 times in a fight against Kaplan. Maybe more.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/7/08 2:41:55AM
wow,,i'm surprised nobody here understands why Kaplan sounded so sour afterwards.....maybe b/c Mir was right?,,,,maybe b/c he IS a better fighter and couldn't prove it that night?,,,,,so I guess when Serra beat GSP that meant Serra was a better fighter????? NO!!!!!,,, he just happen to hit the jackpot that night,,,just like Nover or whatever his name is hit the jackpot that night,,,,,,and I'm also happy Mir showed some emotion, hope he does better against Nog than his boys are doing in the show
ncordless
11/7/08 2:58:00AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

wow,,i'm surprised nobody here understands why Kaplan sounded so sour afterwards.....maybe b/c Mir was right?,,,,maybe b/c he IS a better fighter and couldn't prove it that night?,,,,,so I guess when Serra beat GSP that meant Serra was a better fighter????? NO!!!!!,,, he just happen to hit the jackpot that night,,,just like Nover or whatever his name is hit the jackpot that night,,,,,,and I'm also happy Mir showed some emotion, hope he does better against Nog than his boys are doing in the show

I disagree with everything you said except for GSP being better than Serra.

... ,,,,
postman
11/7/08 7:22:42PM
I was suprised how high Mir was on Dave and I'm even more suprised now. I really wish this show was more about training and less about pissing on ppls food. I would have loved to see how each coach is preparing each fighter for their fights. Then maybe Mirs feelings would be more understanable.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/8/08 5:47:59AM
I agree. (as far as ppl p*ss*ng on food and stuff....I want/rather see these guys sweat it out in the gym....if I wanted to see that other Joe Rogan garbage- I would!)
Rush
11/8/08 9:05:22AM
Kaplan, for a guy who apparently trained with Hoost for 9 months, you sure didn't look too comfortable on your feet.

bls1919
11/8/08 7:34:21PM
Yeah i wonder if he learned how to block punches with his chin. He didnt even attempt any kind of defense on the feet. Just kinda waded in....without thrown anything!?!!?!?!?!?!?
jiujitsufreak74
11/9/08 1:18:27AM
Mir gets a +1 for me. i haven't liked the way TUF has been spinning him to be the bad guy. clips like this show just how passionate and sympathetic Frank really is.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/9/08 6:01:25AM
ok,,, finally somebody that will atleast partly agree w/ me!