If you are given 5 minutes to recover from an illegal strike...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If you are given 5 minutes to recover from an illegal strike...
disorderlyvision
5/31/08 11:04:24PM
how can they call the fight before the 5 minutes has elapsed and you have been given the full time to recover???
skinnator
5/31/08 11:16:24PM
Normally Ive got answers to almost any questions but for this one you got me. Props
wolfman
5/31/08 11:35:30PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

how can they call the fight before the 5 minutes has elapsed and you have been given the full time to recover???

Good question, I thought he was given the full 5 minutes, but I think you are right. I'm just going to go back to this card and say they're being too conservative/cautious and making sure nothing 'bad' happens.
rabbit915
5/31/08 11:56:27PM
Well, he should have been given the full 5 minutes but what he said was "I cant see". Thats all the doctor heard and that was it. If she would have heard him finish the sentance or had any sense, then we wouldnt be having this issue.
gartface
5/31/08 11:59:50PM

Posted by rabbit915

Well, he should have been given the full 5 minutes but what he said was "I cant see". Thats all the doctor heard and that was it. If she would have heard him finish the sentance or had any sense, then we wouldnt be having this issue.

Yeah, doctors are overly cautious sometimes. That fight was sick though, those standing elbows from both of them!
I can't wait for the rematch.
Twenty20Dollars
6/1/08 12:40:57AM
scott smith should have just said "give me my 5 minutes" and that's it but hopefully the rematch will be as good.
bigbubbano23
6/1/08 12:46:54AM
to me elite xc looks more like the wwe then a professional mma organization. idk all i have to say is iam not impressed. but i did think it was funny when gary said he was gonna give scott and robby both win bonus's. that to me sounded like a hidden messege to tito.
holt8081
6/1/08 3:01:14AM
Ya this event has made Elite XC look like a joke.
GrandMaster313
6/1/08 3:18:22AM
simple ............ dont tell the doctor you cant see !!!!.........twice!!!
disorderlyvision
6/1/08 8:23:57AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

the lawler/smith figtht is what got me to make this thread but i have seen it happen other times and thought the same thing. i still think they should have gave smith the full 5 and then if he said he couldnt see call the fight. of course he had trouble seeing after a minute he was poked in the eye, but after 5 he would have been good imo. i think it ruined the fight. i thought smith was done at the end of the 1st when he was eating those body kicks but he came out in the second and was close to getting lawler a couple time. it was an awesome fight while it lasted, but it would have been nice to have a conclusion
Rush
6/1/08 10:54:33AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

I've been poked in the eye and it is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. If you can't see, you can't see and I don't see an advantage to pretending there isn't a problem.
DevonFoxy
6/1/08 11:07:21AM

Posted by Rush

Posted by GrandMaster313

I've been poked in the eye and it is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. If you can't see, you can't see and I don't see advantage to pretending there isn't a problem.

Agreed just ask George Sotiropoulos what going in like that can do.
Jackelope
6/1/08 5:42:02PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by GrandMaster313

I've been poked in the eye and it is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. If you can't see, you can't see and I don't see an advantage to pretending there isn't a problem.

I won a fight by DQ in Albuquerque cuz the dude eye gouged me. It burnt like hell and was also one of the worst experiences I've ever had. That same day I had another fight with a dude who tore almost all of the skin off my left forearm with a kick and I hardly felt it. I didn't even notice it happened until I felt the blood trickling off my fingertips. Conversely, I knew instantaneously when I got eye gouged. Getting eye poked or gouged sucks BAD
bigbubbano23
6/1/08 5:49:09PM
i bet.