Minotoro vs Mousasi

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Minotoro vs Mousasi
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/16/09 3:28:03PM
Toughest matchup outside the ufc for mousasi IMO.

If you've got another suitable matchup in mind , lets hear it .

jae_1833
8/16/09 4:05:13PM
Other possible match ups:
King Mo, Prangley, Whitehead, not much in the LHW div out there that isn't with the UFC.
sclasclemski
8/16/09 4:57:46PM
that about sums it up...he's already fighting Soku and with the list you gave thats pretty much it for consensus top 25 guys not in the UFC...maybe he will get bored after the two or three fights they can offer him and he then makes his way to the UFC...though he is a part of M1 so who knows what may happen.
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/16/09 5:59:01PM
I know he lost his last fight to Mike Kyle but Feijao Cavalcante could be another potential opponent you could throw out there. I really see Gegard beating every LHW outside of the UFC with ease though.
StriderXero
8/16/09 6:26:16PM
If he continues to train with Fedor, i say within the next 2 years he will be in the top 5 LHW. And Hopefully he's in the UFC by then.
Nightmare27
8/16/09 6:33:18PM
I grew up with Whitehead, and would love to see him get a chance to fight for the title. That being said Mousasi is on a different level. Strikeforce has been signing a lot of MWs now they better get after finding some LHWs.
jae_1833
8/16/09 10:32:40PM
I can see that happening soon too, the way the UFC cuts people I wouldn't be surprised to see a thinning of the LHW herd pretty soon. Irvin would be at the top of that list IMO (one of my favs though).
TimW001
8/16/09 11:51:04PM

Posted by StriderXero

If he continues to train with Fedor, i say within the next 2 years he will be in the top 5 LHW. And Hopefully he's in the UFC by then.

Other than training with Fedor, that's completely right.
Sinister
8/17/09 12:30:44AM
I heard Lil Nog was signing with the UFC. Maybe it was a rumored article

There arent many matchups left, he should test himself in the UFC's LHW division, he will never run out of competition.
mentalcase
8/17/09 3:38:26AM

Posted by StriderXero

2 years? if he beats Minotoro hes a top 5 LHW thats just 1 fight, he could fight him next mouth if it was up to me
ravanunen
8/17/09 1:01:35PM
he could also fight arona, southworth, jared hamman, and scott lighty down the road
Mayhem13
8/17/09 2:16:28PM
Arona
Nog
Mo
Southworth
Calvancante

Those are the top 5 matchups outside of the UFC that I would like to see.
gartface
8/17/09 6:10:15PM
I already see him as a top 5 light heavy. The way he handled Babalu was ridiculous. He was also a top 5 middleweight. The guy looks to be on track to be one of the best in the world.

I think he can take Nogueira, Arona, Sokou, Teixeira, Whitehead, etc. I don't see real challenges outside the UFC's 205 pound division for him.
sclasclemski
8/17/09 8:00:05PM
Maybe not top 5 but in the discussion...other than that I am right in line with you.
gartface
8/17/09 8:51:36PM
And in my opinion Mousasi would absolutely obliterate King Mo. He's not ready for someone of that caliber yet.
cowcatcher
8/17/09 9:08:02PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Arona
Nog
Mo
Southworth
Calvancante

Those are the top 5 matchups outside of the UFC that I would like to see.

that said, the level of talent outside of the UFC at LHW looks really dismal. im sure a new batch of young talent will come along soon enough, its a matter of when and are they ready for the big stage against such a terrific opponent as gegard. if hes not considered one of the best now, it shouldnt be long before he is.