Minotauro and Silva sparring heavily

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Minotauro and Silva sparring heavily
EEKS
6/19/07 1:42:21AM
Sparring session
Click the bottom link
ac_gi
6/19/07 4:13:49AM
Wow, that some serious sparring.
Mastodon2
6/19/07 6:58:34AM
Tough lads!

Was that Antonio Rodrigo or Antonio Rogerio? I couldnt tell since he had a shirt on so I couldnt look for Big Nog's scar, and they look so similar being twins and all. I know Big Nog is slightly taller and heavier, but Silva is tall too...
ac_gi
6/19/07 7:07:16AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Tough lads!

Was that Antonio Rodrigo or Antonio Rogerio? I couldnt tell since he had a shirt on so I couldnt look for Big Nog's scar, and they look so similar being twins and all. I know Big Nog is slightly taller and heavier, but Silva is tall too...

Rodrigo, Big Nog.
Signal2112
6/19/07 9:57:26AM
They were really going at it! But, then I suppose they both have the drive to be the best they can be so they're hardly going to slack off!
GrandMaster313
6/19/07 10:32:13AM
anderson silva'a "too good" for head gear! lol
Stickan
6/19/07 10:40:47AM
Who was the mentally handicapped person making noises in the background?

Since Minotauro wore a headgear I guess training was more focused on Anderson Silva than on Mino. Anyone know when this sparring happened?
AchillesHeel
6/19/07 10:42:55AM
Is that recent? I didn't know they trained together.

All us American fans better start learning to pronounce foreign names... It's "Hodrigo", not "Rodrigo."

There was some web-radio guy interviewing GSP, and he kept calling him "George-ess." He should have just gone with "Rush" or "Mister St. Pierre" or something.
pv3Hpv3p
6/19/07 11:04:49AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I know that Rogan always said that Anderson got his BJJ blackbelt from one or both of the Nogueira brothers... I'd think it would've been shortly after he left Chuteboxe, but that's just a guess.
Stickan
6/19/07 11:21:40AM
He's stated in his interviews before that he's been preparing for fights with BTT and the Nog bros in particular but since Big Nog is at ATT now I would guess that the sparring was done in preparation for either Franklin or Lutter.
hippysmacker
6/19/07 11:39:17AM
The camp Silva helped form when he left Chutebox is called Blackhouse. Vitor and Machida are training there now too. Anyway. they are kind of allied with BTT, like Horn and Franklin are kind of allied with Militech from everything I've read.
AchillesHeel
6/19/07 11:43:56AM
I think Paulo Filho is a Casa Preta guy too.
hippysmacker
6/19/07 12:00:48PM
Thanks. Great video. Definataley prop worthy
johny_rotten
6/19/07 12:59:37PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by AchillesHeel

I know that Rogan always said that Anderson got his BJJ blackbelt from one or both of the Nogueira brothers... I'd think it would've been shortly after he left Chuteboxe, but that's just a guess.

When Anderson left Chute Box is because BTT was offering him money to train at BTT. He was a memeber of BTT for about 2 years. This is when he received his black belt.. He then left to form his own team, as someone else stated, named Black House.

In a recent interview with Nog about UFC 73 he stated Anderson got him in contact with Zuffa, and BTT had nothing to do with the fight. He also stated he isn't training with BTT for this fight, instead he is training at his home(where he has a medium sized facility) and with Black House. At this time he is unsure if he will ever return to BTT due to some comments team founder Bustamantle is making towards Nog and his brother.

Did anyone notcie how big Anderson looks? Nog is 6'3'' 230-240lbs, and Anderson looked to be about only 10lbs smaller. That looks as though it will be a hard cut to 185lbs.
gutoo
6/19/07 1:49:45PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

All us American fans better start learning to pronounce foreign names... It's "Hodrigo", not "Rodrigo."

There was some web-radio guy interviewing GSP, and he kept calling him "George-ess." He should have just gone with "Rush" or "Mister St. Pierre" or something.

Im from brazil and they train together ever so thats recently
gutoo
6/19/07 4:42:10PM
if you watch again, behind the manager of bignog is tiago tavares,who won jaon black .
keith-hackney1
6/19/07 5:31:05PM
Thats not nog or silva !!!
Definately not nog, get a near close up on his face near the end of that footage, thats not his face in that head gard. As for silva, looks more like a skinny gary goodridge. Nice try whoever it was that put this on here, i've seen nog and silva spare in brazil, thats not them in this video !!!!!
johny_rotten
6/19/07 9:01:58PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Definately not nog, get a near close up on his face near the end of that footage, thats not his face in that head gard. As for silva, looks more like a skinny gary goodridge. Nice try whoever it was that put this on here, i've seen nog and silva spare in brazil, thats not them in this video !!!!!

You are way off guy. Tatame even has it labeled with their names. You can clearly see it is Anderson from the close ups of his face. As for Nog it is hard because he has head gear on, but I trust this website, and the fact that both fighters have said they are training hard together for their upcoming fights at UFC 73.
gutoo
6/19/07 10:53:36PM
tatame is a great magazine,so respect and Im from brazil and they are in the video :D
ButterBalls
6/19/07 10:59:32PM
great video, I was just about to post it. Looks like I was too late
ac_gi
6/20/07 1:56:46AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

It looked like Minotauro and Silva to me. Great find.
keith-hackney1
6/20/07 5:11:24PM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by keith-hackney1

It looked like Minotauro and Silva to me. Great find.[/QU

Dont look like it to me guys, looks little like nog by way of his stance when standing on the feet, but that dont look like silva to me !!!!
pv3Hpv3p
6/20/07 5:22:54PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

What would be gained from lying about the participants in a sparring session?

Looked right to me...
keith-hackney1
6/20/07 5:31:32PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by keith-hackney1

What would be gained from lying about the participants in a sparring session?

Looked right to me...

Interest to a website ... maybe ???

The thing is i went to brazil and while i was there i saw a seminar of nog and sperry, and silva was there rolling on the mat with them, dont look like the two fighters i saw at the seminar !!?????
ncordless
6/21/07 6:45:48PM

Posted by Stickan

Who was the mentally handicapped person making noises in the background?

I was gonna ask the same thing. My guess is lil nog and that this was recorded shortly after the Soku/Lil Nog fight.

Seriously, great post.