Minotauro Nogueira video on submitting Randy Couture at UFC 101 and fighting Frank Mir with staph at UFC 92

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Minotauro Nogueira video on submitting Randy Couture at UFC 101 and fighting Frank Mir with staph at UFC 92
MMAcca
3/10/09 2:45:30AM
haggiswashere
3/10/09 4:14:32AM
I hate when fighters make excuses.....
cmill21
3/10/09 4:17:42AM

Posted by haggiswashere

They can't all be like Amir and not fight when they break a nail
grappler0000
3/10/09 7:00:18AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by haggiswashere

Let's go back in time

Posted by cmill21

No one should look at this as Nog making an excuse, he will always take it like a man and never say a word.

EvenFlow
3/10/09 7:18:08AM
I didnt know he was in the hospital for 5 days not too long before the fight, I would make an excuse for Nog but I cant he got in there knowing he wasnt at his best. I respect him even more for getting in there even when he wasnt 100% shows even more heart from Nog if thats possible, the smart thing to have done wouldve been to pull out like me after prom.
Aaronno9
3/10/09 8:21:01AM
In fairness to Nog, he never brought it up. Its only been mentioned becouse Dana decided to tell everybody.
theguido
3/10/09 9:22:24AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

Posted by haggiswashere

Let's go back in time

Posted by cmill21

No one should look at this as Nog making an excuse, he will always take it like a man and never say a word.

Focker101
3/10/09 9:34:08AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by cmill21

Posted by haggiswashere

Let's go back in time

Posted by cmill21

IMO I don't think Nog would have said anything if Dana had not, I just dont see Nog trying to downplay Mir's win
I feel Nog has too much respect , Like I started though this is My opinion only
emfleek
3/10/09 9:44:01AM
Staph infection is a pretty big excuse. It's not like his excuse was a sprained ankle or something minor like that. I think Nog (and any other fighter that fights through something of this magnitude) should automatically earn a pass from keyboard warriors who obviously never have an excuse for anything.

grappler0000
3/10/09 10:00:26AM

Posted by emfleek

Staph infection is a pretty big excuse. It's not like his excuse was a sprained ankle or something minor like that. I think Nog (and any other fighter that fights through something of this magnitude) should automatically earn a pass from keyboard warriors who obviously never have an excuse for anything.

I prefer not to hear about it, but it's not as big of a deal to me as it is for others...esentially, in the long run, it doesn't really change my view of Nog. As for my post, it wasn't so much a jab at Nog as it was my smug detector finally overheating.
emfleek
3/10/09 10:20:38AM

Posted by grappler0000

I prefer not to hear about it, but it's not as big of a deal to me as it is for others...esentially, in the long run, it doesn't really change my view of Nog. As for my post, it wasn't so much a jab at Nog as it was my smug detector finally overheating.

Totally understandable.
cmill21
3/10/09 2:36:19PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by emfleek

postman
3/10/09 9:47:30PM
He explains the staph and at the 512 mark he say it is no excuse! He was asked a question he answred it. So everyone keep typing and hopefully you don't strain your eyes or hurt your wrist. If you do I don't want to hear about it.
haggiswashere
3/10/09 10:25:02PM

Posted by postman

He explains the staph and at the 512 mark he say it is no excuse! He was asked a question he answred it. So everyone keep typing and hopefully you don't strain your eyes or hurt your wrist. If you do I don't want to hear about it.

if I tell a lie and say it wasn't a lie it doesn't automatically make it true... Its still an excuse. If he felt it hindered his performance he should have not fought instead of taking credit from frank mir.
emfleek
3/10/09 10:28:34PM

Posted by haggiswashere

if I tell a lie and say it wasn't a lie it doesn't automatically make it true... Its still an excuse. If he felt it hindered his performance he should have not fought instead of taking credit from frank mir.

You're making assumptions. What does he have to gain from making these so called excuses? It's not like he won't get a rematch at some point, anyways.
cmill21
3/10/09 10:30:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by haggiswashere

You're making assumptions. What does he have to gain from making these so called excuses? It's not like he won't get a rematch at some point, anyways.

Didn't he say it woulden't have made a difference Mir was awsome that night?
postman
3/11/09 6:10:23PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by postman

Maybe your understand of the definition of excuse is cloudy let me help you:

excuse definition

ex·cuse (ek skyo¯?o¯z', ik-; for n., -skyo¯?o¯s')

transitive verb -·cused', -·cus'·ing

to try to free (a person) of blame; seek to exonerate
to try to minimize or pardon (a fault); apologize or give reasons for
to consider (an offense or fault) as not important; overlook; pardon excuse my rudeness
to release from an obligation, duty, promise, etc.
to permit to leave
to serve as an explanation or justification for; justify; exculpate; absolve a selfish act that nothing will excuse

He is doing none of the above he is answering a question asked by the interviewer. A question that was asked due to words that came not from Nogs mouth not from anyone in Nogs camps mouth but from the president of The UFC Mr. Dana White. I don't know if Dana was attempting to serve a explanation or justification for Nogs loss, if he was then Dana made the Excuse or was Dana simply providing facts that may or may not have effected the out come of the fight. In closing you know nothing of the behind the scenes part of this nor do I. For all we know Dana may have said you fight or we are droping your title and you have to start at the bottom and earn your shot from new.