Why not minatauro in ufc ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why not minatauro in ufc ???
keith-hackney1
3/26/07 5:10:36PM
I have always been a huge fan of noguiera, i still believe he's prides best hw fighter. He lost twice to fedor by decision, but he has never actually been stopped.
fedor for me has only had 4 fights in pride to solify that belt he wears, noguiera 1&2, fugita( only because he nearly ko'd him ) and crocop. Even then, he couldnt finish noguiera or mirko. For me, nog is a fantastic fighter who is very exciting to watch, he has a lot to offer and would be a force to reckon with in the octagon.
Everybody talks about crocop, rampage and fedor in the ufc, what about noguiera, He's got to be a major contender to fight for ufc. Still at 31yrs old why aint he there ????
cheers
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mkiv9secsupra
3/26/07 5:39:00PM
i think it is because Dana knows the heavyweights arent top level just yet and nogueira would come in a run the show. And if that happened he didnt want a fighter from another org. come in and make everyone think that pride is so much better....... but if this pride buy out is true i dont think there is anything stopping him from moving over to UFC
loller90278
3/26/07 5:46:32PM
isn't minotauro rogerio noguiero ? (lil nog)
AchillesHeel
3/26/07 5:47:06PM
I'm confused. Are you saying that the UFC could have signed Nogueira (either of them) and chose not to?
keith-hackney1
3/27/07 5:57:10AM

Posted by loller90278

isn't minotauro rogerio noguiero ? (lil nog)

I've always thought minatauro was senior noguiera !!!
As far as i know he is.
The only prob with pridefc becoming ufc pride is you will end up with rematch fights between most heavyweights and middleweights that have already happened, only difference is might be in a cage this time.
ManBeast
3/27/07 7:21:13AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

I have always been a huge fan of noguiera, i still believe he's prides best hw fighter. He lost twice to fedor by decision, but he has never actually been stopped.
fedor for me has only had 4 fights in pride to solify that belt he wears, noguiera 1&2, fugita( only because he nearly ko'd him ) and crocop. Even then, he couldnt finish noguiera or mirko. For me, nog is a fantastic fighter who is very exciting to watch, he has a lot to offer and would be a force to reckon with in the octagon.
Everybody talks about crocop, rampage and fedor in the ufc, what about noguiera, He's got to be a major contender to fight for ufc. Still at 31yrs old why aint he there ????
cheers

ermm.. to say fedor didnt stop nog and crocop is kinda dumb, fedor pounded the crap outta nog and beat him on the ground( nog greatest strength) and he outstruck mirko in the later rounds due to mirko gassing.

Nog is a close #2-3 in the world, because he beat mirko but also lost to Barnett ( and later beat him in a rematch). I think Nog would do pretty good in the UFC it would give mirko some competition in the HW dept thats for sure.
Stickan
3/27/07 7:41:55AM
Lil Nog is Minotoro, Big Nog Minotauro.

Since it's a done deal now with the Fertittas buying Pride I think it's very possible that we'll see them in the UFC or at least against UFC fighters in the near future.

I'd love to see Big Nog break Big Tim´s arm like Mir did.
ManBeast
3/27/07 7:59:41AM

Posted by Stickan

Lil Nog is Minotoro, Big Nog Minotauro.

Since it's a done deal now with the Fertittas buying Pride I think it's very possible that we'll see them in the UFC or at least against UFC fighters in the near future.

I'd love to see Big Nog break Big Tim´s arm like Mir did.

I'd rather see him submit him via flying gogoplata but your idea is pretty cool too.
pv3Hpv3p
3/27/07 10:36:09AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i think it is because Dana knows the heavyweights arent top level just yet and nogueira would come in a run the show. And if that happened he didnt want a fighter from another org. come in and make everyone think that pride is so much better....... but if this pride buy out is true i dont think there is anything stopping him from moving over to UFC

Isn't that what they brought CroCop in for?
warglory
3/27/07 10:54:44AM
I think the Nogs should stay in PRIDE, but take part in the super shows that have been offered to us in the press conference. We can't have everyone come to the UFC!
BloodandTears
3/27/07 12:12:11PM

Posted by ManBeast

Posted by keith-hackney1

cheers

ermm.. to say fedor didnt stop nog and crocop is kinda dumb, fedor pounded the crap outta nog and beat him on the ground( nog greatest strength) and he outstruck mirko in the later rounds due to mirko gassing.

Nog is a close #2-3 in the world, because he beat mirko but also lost to Barnett ( and later beat him in a rematch). I think Nog would do pretty good in the UFC it would give mirko some competition in the HW dept thats for sure.

I agree. Nog is a great fighter, but you coulda said it without taking away from Fedor or CC's accomplishments. Fedor will be remembered forever for what he's done. Same with crocop. I think Nog should go to ufc, but then again I'm a supporter of capitalism. I want to see all the great fighters in the same place.
keith-hackney1
3/27/07 3:59:06PM

Posted by ManBeast

Posted by keith-hackney1

cheers

I dont want to take anything away from fedor or cc, not being stopped meaning neither fighter could finish rodrigo noguiera. Fights a fight, decision or finish i know but i think fedor and cc had too much respect for the great heavyweight and thats partly why fedor won by dec twice and cc got submitted. Fedor, cc and nog are definately the 3 top heavyweight fighters in mma now.
Just emagine the possibility of a ufc and pride heavyweight tournament.
what a contest that would be, at least 4 quality match up fights in the quarter finals.

johny_rotten
3/27/07 5:18:54PM
I think you will see most of BTT stay in Pride. Their styles aren't exactly what American fans deem to be exciting. Big Nog is one of my favorite fighters, but I doubt we would see Dana make him a poster boy.
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/07 1:26:23AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

they brought crocop in about the same time as Couture's return...i think dana thinks Couture will beat CC
ManBeast
3/28/07 12:31:48PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

they brought crocop in about the same time as Couture's return...i think dana thinks Couture will beat CC

actually I believe dana was counting on Tim beating Couture and Crocop dismantling Tim to make him into a fan favorite, Dana probably had no idea that randy would pull off an upset win against big timmy.
pv3Hpv3p
3/28/07 3:57:39PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

IMO, they brought CC in to chop down big Tim (and of course to bolster their sub-par HW roster at the time)...

Sylvia was (one of) the most hated champs in the UFC, and I think Dana started to dislike his, "fight not to lose" strategy...

But what I was saying is that he wouldn't have any problem bringing in a top HW from a different org and let them clean up the div...

After all a top 10 HVY is a top 10 HVY
wkm311
3/28/07 4:37:33PM

Posted by warglory

I think the Nogs should stay in PRIDE, but take part in the super shows that have been offered to us in the press conference. We can't have everyone come to the UFC!

good call...Pride wouldnt survive if they took every A class fighter and put them in the UFC, now that they own both...
cowcatcher
3/28/07 6:20:50PM
they arent going to blow their wads and put all of our dream matches onto the first big cross promo show either, hopefully they are mindful of some of the guys ages and put the older guys in there sooner than later though
chentay2112
4/11/07 5:51:55PM
looks like you got your wish
keith-hackney1
4/12/07 10:46:23AM
Holy shit i did, war nogueira !!!!
GhettoRedneck
4/12/07 1:59:00PM
we'll see him soon enough.