Miller vs. Riggs for a shot at WEC TITLE

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Miller vs. Riggs for a shot at WEC TITLE
AmericanFighterAce
8/5/07 12:29:21PM
War Mayhem

Should be an incredible fight, with Mayhem of course winning.
fedorwins1
8/5/07 12:37:37PM
Should be a great fight, I don't understand Riggs, he has amazing ability he's a great athlete, great boxing,and good JJ, but somehow always finds a way to lose. Miller is crazy and always brings it. I see Miller winning a UD.
Telly_152
8/5/07 4:23:57PM
Poor Joe. He is a phenom but i cant see him winning nless by brutal KO. Mayhem via Banana Splits
masodd
8/5/07 4:42:49PM
I see Joe winning this,dont know how though
jomatty
8/6/07 6:47:57AM
if the real riggs shows up this could be a great fight. i know he is everyones favorite fighter to diss him but i still think he is capable of big things and making this an absolute war. mayhem is one of my favorite fighters though so who knows.
ffforgottenx
8/6/07 9:11:05AM
Stickan
8/6/07 9:41:25AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

update

Thanks. I hope it gets settled though. I would be an awesome fight. Joe is an awesome fighter but a headcase. If he's 100% mentally I'm sure he'd have a pretty good shot at beating Mayhem.
Riggs is a better version of Trigg and possibly one of the worse match-ups for a lanky guy like Mayhem.
Violentcuv
8/6/07 10:10:40AM
Hope they can work out the details and make this fight happen.

I would like to think Riggs can pull this off. Right now I would be up in the air, but if the fight happens I might give Joe more of a chance as time goes on and my hope for him to perform well gets deeper. Everytime I see him in there I think he is only one big right hook away from ending the fight.
SpiderSilva
8/6/07 11:01:25AM
I believe Miller will win this on the ground but he could get KOed if he stands
madmarck
8/6/07 11:49:09PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

update

Is this fight just gonna turn into a rumour like it was before when we all thought it would be for the vacant title???? I sure hope not.

I personally hope Joe gets back to the winning ways. But i see Miller taking this fight with a second round sub. It is hard to finish Mayhem........ and i dont think Riggs can do it right now.
I see Riggs pounding on MAyhem in full guard and Miller pulls out a armbar or triangle.
the-james
8/8/07 1:12:20PM
As for the fight i think it sould be a pretty good matchup, although i do see Mayhem winning this fight with relative ease, Riggs has all the tools to not only make this a very exciting matchup, but possibly pull out an upset victory. Mayhem is most likely have a smart gameplan for this fight and play the clinch game with riggs to avoid Rigges power and throw knees and short punches until hes able to get it to the ground where he will most like finish it.

The only bad part is that the winner will have to face Paulo Filho and neither are at his level.
ultimatefighter33
8/11/07 8:57:22AM
true to beat mayhem u gotta finish him and gsp couldnt that itll be an awesome war but i think ill give it to jason mayhem miller via submission
JuggaloWarrior878
8/15/07 7:41:02PM
i really hope riggs takes this one very dissapointed by his last ufc performance, but either way im pretty sure filho would romp either one
jgtribbett
8/29/07 3:13:08PM
in the event that it does happen.. i'm calling mayhem by sub
SicJits
9/3/07 11:39:11PM
mayhem takes this one, but doesn't get past Filho!
jgtribbett
9/6/07 1:12:03PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Should be a great fight, I don't understand Riggs, he has amazing ability he's a great athlete, great boxing,and good JJ, but somehow always finds a way to lose. Miller is crazy and always brings it. I see Miller winning a UD.

hahahahahhahahahaaha