Mikey Burnett: Fight with Pat Miletich in the works for Strikeforce event in Oklahoma

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mikey Burnett: Fight with Pat Miletich in the works for Strikeforce event in Oklahoma
emfleek
6/24/09 1:23:43PM
Early UFC pioneers Mikey Burnett (5-2) and first-ever UFC welterweight champion Pat Miletich (29-7-2) could meet at a future Strikeforce event in Tulsa, Okla.

That's the word from Burnett, who posted on mixedmartialarts.com's popular forum, The Underground, that the fight, which would be a rematch from their first meeting 11 years ago, "is in the works."

However, Strikeforce has made no official announcement about an upcoming show in Oklahoma, which would be its first in the state. A phone call MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) left with a Strikeforce executive was not immediately returned.

STORY
cowcatcher
6/24/09 1:49:43PM
sure this match means nothing to the rankings and all, but the sentimental part of me would sure love to see this fight. i like both fighters a lot and it would be nice to see mikey get back in there after all these years(its been a decade after all not counting TUF), but miletich will win this however he wants to.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/24/09 5:00:20PM
i hope mikey finally gets his revenge . I know he should of got the nod the first fight .