Mike Wilkinson to move to Featherweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Wilkinson to move to Featherweight
Rabi
12/20/12 11:53:39AM
Mike “The Warrior” Wilkinson made a fantastic UFC debut this weekend in a “Fight of the Night” candidate at UFC on FX 6 in Australia. He took on fellow UK countryman and friend Brendan Loughnane, putting on the kind of three round battle all fight fans could enjoy. Great standup, effective grappling and lots of heart were on display from both fighters for the full fifteen minutes. In the end it though it was Wilkinson that got the judges decision, keeping his undefeated professional record intact. We certainly had a lot to talk about when he came on the MMA Mental Podcast this Wednesday, with a planned drop to the UFC Featherweight division among the topics discussed.

Link
FastKnockout
12/20/12 12:08:10PM
Guess everyone is looking for the weight advantage these days. More and more fighters are dropping down.
Rabi
12/20/12 12:09:18PM
He was a FW going into the house, thats why he had NP's with the cut.
FastKnockout
12/20/12 12:30:42PM

Posted by Rabi

He was a FW going into the house, thats why he had NP's with the cut.

Ah. I see where he said that now.
MMAcca
12/22/12 8:19:58AM
for breaking the news on your podcast Rabi.

I hope Wilkinson gets another shot at his natural weight in the UFC.
Rabi
12/22/12 12:38:56PM
Thanks mate, I think he will, he made a good impression on his UFC debut.
aussiemma
12/22/12 5:17:00PM
Rabi, any news on Brendan Loughnane and the ufc ? i was impressed with him, more so than wikinson...i thought he had a lot of potential.
Rabi
12/22/12 5:29:08PM
No news yet, neither fighter wad contacted after the fight. Ithink they will bkth get at least 1 more fight each
MMAcca
12/23/12 12:57:53AM

Posted by Rabi

Thanks mate, I think he will, he made a good impression on his UFC debut.

I should have elaborated. I meant i hope he gets a shot at fighting a legit FW and not just another UK guy on a UK undercard.