Mike Whitehead on Renato Babalu Sobral Affliction fight (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Whitehead on Renato Babalu Sobral Affliction fight (Video)
SmileR
5/18/08 10:21:25AM
Just a quick interview with Whitehead. Looks like hes a cool guy and I can't wait to see him and Babalu go at it!Lnk
Mchubb316
5/18/08 10:36:50AM
Mike is a super cool guy. I have no doubt he will be prepared for this fight. I know Babalu is gonna be ready, but Iam gonna go with the hometown boy for this one.
juanez13
5/18/08 10:37:56AM
Looks like a cool guy, still taking Babalu by Sub though
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/18/08 10:40:13AM
Undecided on sub or UD for sobral
SmileR
5/18/08 10:44:25AM

Posted by juanez13

Looks like a cool guy, still taking Babalu by Sub though

IriShame
5/18/08 10:54:11AM
I genuinely don't like either one of these guys. Remember when Whitehead quit on TUF. I can't get over that. As for Babalu, I mean come on. The guy is most famous for getting KO'd by Chuck. All that being said, I'm taking Whitehead by KO.
babalu2720
5/18/08 11:15:59AM

Posted by IriShame

I genuinely don't like either one of these guys. Remember when Whitehead quit on TUF. I can't get over that. As for Babalu, I mean come on. The guy is most famous for getting KO'd by Chuck. All that being said, I'm taking Whitehead by KO.

Wow...cuz I guess Babalu was the only person to ever get KO'D by Chuck
rabbit915
5/18/08 1:32:11PM
Whitehead is one of my favorites. I think hes really underrated but Babalu is always dangerous. Not sure who im going to pick in this one yet. Going to have to look at some old fights first.
grappler0000
5/18/08 2:45:28PM

Posted by IriShame

How about Babalu being known for having a impressive record against impressive fighters...not to mention handing Shogun his first professional loss.
loller90278
5/18/08 3:57:01PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by IriShame

How about Babalu being known for having a impressive record against impressive fighters...not to mention handing Shogun his first professional loss.

not to mention winning the hardest string of fighters in a tournament in one night.
wolfman
5/18/08 3:59:14PM
Babalu is a bad man. He needs to be back in the UFC!!!
chubbud22
5/18/08 7:10:44PM

Posted by IriShame

Whitehead never quit on the show he lost to Rashad and Rashad has not done to bad for himself in the UFC. And (I'm not trying to make excuses for him) he had staff; I would like to see anyone go and fight with staff. Whitehead didn't mention it cause he did not want to bow out of the fight. Let the flaming begin
Mchubb316
5/18/08 11:37:38PM
Yeah Mike did not quit on the show. It is not him to quit. Check out this article from a while back. This is what kind of guy he is.

He went through the fight, lost a three round decision, and decided to visit a doctor the day after the bout. The conversation went something like this:

“What do you do for a living?” asked the doctor.

“I’m a professional fighter,” Whitehead replied.

“When was your last fight?”

“Last night.”

“Did you pass out?”

“No.”

“That’s amazing because there’s so much infection going through your veins right now that I don’t see how your veins are carrying oxygen to your brain along with all this infection.”

UFC Interview about Whitehead
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/21/08 12:17:16AM
Why did they have numbers on...were they running a marathon?