Mike Wessel To Face Antoni Hardonk @ UFC 92 (Not Mark Burch)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Wessel To Face Antoni Hardonk @ UFC 92 (Not Mark Burch)
MMAcca
12/18/08 3:23:56AM
Just over a week away from the Ultimate Fighting Championship's year-end event, UFC 92, the card has undergone a change as heavyweight Mike Wessel will step in on short notice to fight Antoni Hardonk in an undercard bout for the Dec. 27 show.

The announcement was made on the UFC's official website on Wednesday.

Hardonk's original opponent, Mark Burch, dropped out of the fight with an undisclosed injury and Wessel steps in to take his place and his UFC debut.

"You only get a handful of opportunities in life and this one is rare for most fighters," Wessel told MMAWeekly.com of his unexpected shot to fight at UFC 92, but feels prepared for it. "I train everyday like I have a fight coming."

LINK
gabe531
12/18/08 7:58:52AM
WAR WESSEL!!!

stepping in on a weeks notice to face a great striker like hardonk wont be easy though
kasual
12/18/08 9:56:04AM
haha, I have to say I love some good kick boxing. The UFC never fails to put a warm body in front of Hardonk to destroy, the guy will never be a top 10 heavy but he is sure good enough to demolish any kind of amateur who thinks they can step in his zone. As this fight is going to be on Ultimate 2008 I doubt it will ever seen the light of broadcast but I look forward to catching the replay, Hardonk is going to chop this guy down.
Kugel
12/18/08 12:55:52PM

Posted by gabe531

WAR WESSEL!!!

stepping in on a weeks notice to face a great striker like hardonk wont be easy though

War Wessel!

It is crazy to see a Celina, OH guy in the UFC. That is crazy!
Twenty20Dollars
12/18/08 1:51:49PM
Where are all these random HW's coming from.
MikeyG
12/18/08 6:32:25PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

theres countless orgs in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Austrailia, take your pick...
ziegler3334
12/18/08 6:48:56PM
This could be a good fight, but it seems to me that they are just looking for someone to prop up in front of hardonk. This should be a very one sided fight.
gabe531
12/18/08 7:11:17PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

hes coming from midwest ohio and now is in arkansas. i think its a better fight now then with burch vs hardonk.