Mike Swick... What Happened?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mike Swick... What Happened?
TeamDEY
7/30/12 10:21:57PM
Mike Swick hasn't fought now in over 2 years until now. Just was wondering why the lay off was so much? What exactly happened?
infestructure
7/30/12 10:25:45PM
From the always helpful wiki...

In early September, Swick stated that he had been mis-diagnosed with a stomach disease. The disease which he was incorrectly told he had, forced him onto a very bland and restrictive diet, which made it virtually impossible for Swick to put and keep on any muscle mass. Swick is currently undergoing treatment and, barring surgery, will be able to return to action in early 2011

I think his stomach thing took a lot longer to right itself than initially thought. It also says he dropped out of fighting Erick Silva because of a knee injury.

I like Swick, can't wait to see him back in action
Aether
7/30/12 10:31:32PM
Heard he also spent some time training in Thailand recently.

I got the opportunity to watch the Velasquez/Lesnar card with him, and I'm a big fan since then, because he was one of the nicest fighters I've ever met.
FastKnockout
7/30/12 10:36:21PM

EDIT: Agree with both guys. lol
infestructure
7/30/12 10:39:56PM

Posted by Aether

Heard he also spent some time training in Thailand recently.

I got the opportunity to watch the Velasquez/Lesnar card with him, and I'm a big fan since then, because he was one of the nicest fighters I've ever met.

Yeah my friend trained with him and Paul Daley at Tiger Muay Thai (in Thailand) Said he was an awesome dude
Chael_Sonnen
7/30/12 10:48:16PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Mike Swick hasn't fought now in over 2 years until now. Just was wondering why the lay off was so much? What exactly happened?

*Google*
ghandikush
7/30/12 11:17:17PM
Swick probably wasnt going anywhere at WW anyway, kind of a Vera situation being weak after weight cuts not having speed advantage etc....

It would be very cool to see him come back with badass muay thai skills.
frizzzlecake
7/31/12 12:00:12AM
His fight with Hardy was pathetic he looked like a shell of his former self, IDK about his fight with Paulo, but judging by how it ended, he most likely didn't look good.

I hope the old quick Swick shows up and whoops ass.
prophecy033
7/31/12 1:00:54AM
I hope we see the return of the "Swickotine"

ghandikush
7/31/12 1:05:07AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

His fight with Hardy was pathetic he looked like a shell of his former self, IDK about his fight with Paulo, but judging by how it ended, he most likely didn't look good.

Old Swick= MW Swick
FastKnockout
7/31/12 1:42:47AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by frizzzlecake

Old Swick= MW Swick

THIS. No shame in losing a decision to Okami.
Boo_Radley21
8/1/12 1:41:46AM
Swick used to be wicked for sure. The weight cut I think affected him negatively. He used to be faster than me with the ladies
prozacnation1978
8/1/12 11:42:02AM
Glad to see him back
2 1/2 years away is a long time. Hope he wins sat
SpiderSilva
8/1/12 7:18:19PM

Posted by prophecy033

I hope we see the return of the "Swickotine"

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2
hymiekooken
8/2/12 6:07:34PM
I was, and still am a huge Swick fan, hope to see him "quick" saturday. If you have never checked out his youtube channel, it is well worth it, some great and funny stuff on there.