Mike Swick V.S Chris Leben 2?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Mike Swick V.S Chris Leben 2?
Ultimate_fighter
3/5/07 7:47:09PM
Who would want to see the fight, Mike Swick vs. Chris Leben 2. They fought and Chris Leben won in the second round in like 40 seconds. I would like to see it because that is Mike Swicks only lose. Would u wanna see it and what do u think the outcome would turn out like?

I think Leben gets ko-ed in the 1st round.
bayonetxwork
3/5/07 7:53:07PM
i would like to see it, but I doubt it would happen now. Swick has almost earned himself a title shot, and Leben still seems to be trying to get onto the B class of fighters, IMO. Leben STILL hasn't shown me anything in any of his fights, and I think Swick would submit him early.
madmarck
3/5/07 9:30:39PM
Yeah Swick is undefeated int he UFC and has more notable wins. If he beats OKanmi he gets a title shot. Leben need a few more wins to be close. His lose to J-mac so soon after Silva was pretty devastating to his rep. I think Swick is now seen as a star where Leben is a gatekeeper you have to beat to get to that stardom.
waylon_o
3/5/07 10:52:48PM
IMO Leben isn't even in the same class as Swick.
poll77
3/5/07 11:00:41PM
I like Leben but Swick would dismantle him easily.
mkiv9secsupra
3/6/07 6:56:12PM
swick: 1st round ko...he knows exactly what he is up against so it would be a quick one
madmarck
3/6/07 7:04:39PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

swick: 1st round ko...he knows exactly what he is up against so it would be a quick one

No way. IMO i think Swick will need 2 rounds to pick Leben apart and KO him. Lebens only chance is a quick KO. But in their last Fight Leben showed that he was much stronger and mroe powerful. I dont think much has changed in the way of strenght, but i think Swick has a lot mroe power now.
xchickox
3/6/07 7:14:56PM
i came to like both leben and swich through the ultimate fighter 1 series, even though leben was a prick at first..i think swich would take this one unless leben can catch him with one of his power shots

i think leben needs to push his emotions to the side a bit in fights...i understand emotion is good, but too much can ruin you as a fighter and i think that is lebens main problem stopping him from progressing
madmarck
3/6/07 9:39:43PM

Posted by xchickox

i came to like both leben and swich through the ultimate fighter 1 series, even though leben was a prick at first..i think swich would take this one unless leben can catch him with one of his power shots

i think leben needs to push his emotions to the side a bit in fights...i understand emotion is good, but too much can ruin you as a fighter and i think that is lebens main problem stopping him from progressing

Just like it did against Jason Macdonald. In that fight IMO Leben wanted to get revenge for Herman losing. So he just went in and fought widly. Unforutaly for him he got caught.
bayonetxwork
3/6/07 9:48:01PM

Posted by xchickox

Hes been built up way higher than he should be. I'm STILL waiting to see his brutal powerful punches. The only KO I can even remember was against Rivera, and lets just say that wasn't as powerful as we'd all expect.
waylon_o
3/6/07 10:45:00PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by xchickox

Just like it did against Jason Macdonald. In that fight IMO Leben wanted to get revenge for Herman losing. So he just went in and fought widly. Unforutaly for him he got caught.

Have we ever saw Leben fight as anything but wild?
SICKRICK
3/7/07 7:28:02AM
i like chris i think he wins k0 in second round
madmarck
3/7/07 9:16:44AM

Posted by waylon_o

Have we ever saw Leben fight as anything but wild?

Not really, in his Dewees fight he showed some good skils. But every other fight it seems he just throws these big huge punches that just leave him open.
papercut
3/7/07 5:07:38PM

Posted by poll77

Swick would dismantle him easily.

I agree it would be a quick fight with Swick KO Leben in the second round
gspfan31
3/7/07 5:09:53PM
maybe if swick loses to okami the ufc will make it happen
damnxzombiex
7/17/07 6:05:53PM
i dunno.
i think leben would catch swick .
i hope he does.
ive wanted to see this fight for a while
KeNn
11/25/07 11:05:30AM
lebens too solid.

lol he wont get k.o'd if anything he's doing the ko'ing
Scott_Revels
11/25/07 1:16:05PM
The thing is though. Swick will know not to stand with Leben if he doesn't have to. Swick has the ability to knock Leben out. He's not invincible. Anderson got him, therefore anyone who has any skill at striking should have a chance as well. Swick though should be looking for a submission, which I don't think Leben has ever had to deal with. He's always being given guys who stand. Swick would likely stand for the first minute and then it's all him trying to take/taking Chris down, and sub him, which he can do.

Plus this likely won't happen, if Swick is indeed dropping to Welterweight.
stickyhash421
11/25/07 5:49:11PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Who would want to see the fight, Mike Swick vs. Chris Leben 2. They fought and Chris Leben won in the second round in like 40 seconds. I would like to see it because that is Mike Swicks only lose. Would u wanna see it and what do u think the outcome would turn out like?

I think Leben gets ko-ed in the 1st round.

i guess you havnt seen his terry martin fight yet, besides watch that first fight were swick gets ktfo, its brutal
chickmagnet
11/25/07 11:57:47PM
LOL, i forget who it was but someone said they have yet to see
Lebens KO power, uh lets see he KO'd Rivera, Santiago, Terry Martin
which were all pretty crazy, he also did KO Swick with a single punch,
plus Leben has a rock hard chin, he is more dangerous when he is hurt,
there were a couple punches he took by Terry Martin that were very powerful so he can take a hit. If Swick were to win he would have to batter Leben for two rounds until he finally goes down or he could submit him or Swick could control the pace of the fight and land combo's for 3 rounds and get the U. D. , but Leben could end it with one big strike just like he did in the first fight.

I thinkSwick by U. Descision
NatedawgThaM
11/26/07 12:05:17AM
I think Swick dominates. Just because he actually has a ground game. I see him getting the takedown and beating on Leban on the ground until the ref jumps in for the stoppage in the 1st. Swicks stand up can even hang with Leban. But I didn't see there first fight but I imagine Swick only loss becaue he got caught on the feet? Thats the only way I saw it.

I think Swick 1st rd. by GNP
chickmagnet
11/26/07 7:46:32PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think Swick dominates. Just because he actually has a ground game. I see him getting the takedown and beating on Leban on the ground until the ref jumps in for the stoppage in the 1st. Swicks stand up can even hang with Leban. But I didn't see there first fight but I imagine Swick only loss becaue he got caught on the feet? Thats the only way I saw it.

I think Swick 1st rd. by GNP

Swick has a great ground game but Leben is pretty good on the ground himself, he submitted Edwin Dewees with an armbar and Dewees is a good ground fighter, Leben ALMOST submitted Terry Martin with a triangle but Terry was saved by the bell. I agree with you about Swick winning but not in the 1st round or by GnP, Swick would win this fight by contolling the pace of the fight like he did with Louiseau...Swick would land combos, avoid puches and get a well earned Decsision.