Saunders ko 21% (10)
Saunders sub 6% (3)
Saunders dec 9% (4)
Mungooch
12/11/08 1:17:37AM
Who would win?
Zadius
12/11/08 1:47:26AM
Saunders looked good tonight, but I'd still take Swick.
Rabi
12/11/08 2:00:38AM
They fight at different weights dont they?
cloud301336
12/11/08 2:22:47AM

They fight at different weights dont they?

they fight in the same weight class
Twenty20Dollars
12/11/08 3:08:53AM
I said saunders tko because that mauy thai clinch looked just amazing in the fight against wolffe
Rabi
12/11/08 5:34:17AM
Stupid me, i mis read something and thought Saunders was fighting at a different weight.

Swick has fast hands but Saunders looked huge at WW. if Swick stood up with Saunders I think Saunders would finish him off with that nasty clinch.
Aaronno9
12/11/08 8:51:20AM
It was pretty clear wolff didnt no how to defend from the clinch. I mean, look at Anderson and Richs fights, Anderson was able to destroy right it that area, yet he hasnt beable to utilize it since becouse guys no how to get out. Im 99% sure if the fight ever happens the guys at AKA will make sure Mike knows exactly what to do in that situation. I think it would be sick fight though. Id take Swick to win.
TheNatural915
12/11/08 10:28:20AM
Saunders impressed me so much last night, his stand looked amazing, he is going to be good
fullerene
12/11/08 11:42:45AM
I'd favor Swick in every department.

Saunders' biggest wins are over Brandon Wolff, Ryan Thomas and Daniel Barrera hwo have a combined 0 wins in the UFC.

Swick has wins over UFC veterans like Joe Riggs and David Louiseau, who fought for championships, as well as contenders like Marcus Davis and Josh Burkman.

Maybe Saunders has the potential, but he is 2-3 rungs below the level of achievment that Swick is at. One impressive win against a guy who is trying out for the UFC does not equal mutlple wins over mid to top tier UFC talent. Even Swick's losses to 185 pound contenders Okami and Leben are more impressive than any wins Saunders has.
voodoo-jitsu
12/11/08 11:54:29AM
i would love to see saunders destroy swick
cowcatcher
12/11/08 12:05:40PM
ive liked saunders since ive seen him on TUF, the guy is big at WW, has great kicks and knees, and is more than adequate on the ground but right now swick beats him ill say by UD. this would be a really good matchup, but swick does a good job staying out of trouble and he will turn a fight into a slow, methodical, near snoozefest to win if he feels thats the best way to win.
gsquat
12/11/08 12:54:04PM
Though Wolff muay thai defense was thoroughly lacking, Saunders was still impressive. He always has been to me and his size for WW is incredible. He'd decision Swick for Sure. Swick is fast with good striking, but he wouldn't KO Saunders.
warglory
12/11/08 12:54:31PM

Posted by thevoodooninja

You do know that Griffin is spelled wrong in your icon, right?
Aaronno9
12/11/08 1:11:53PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by thevoodooninja

Lol.
gartface
12/11/08 1:33:44PM
I think this fight would be amazing. Both are good on the feet, Swick with boxing and Saunders with his Jeet Kun Do/Muay Thai. I think that if it stays on the feet Swick might outpoint him. But I think if he tried to take Ben down and lay on him like he did with Marcus Davis he'd get submitted. I think the great thing about Saunders is that last night he showed his stand up, but his ground game is just as good, and he's one that always looks for submissions and sweeps.

On the same token though, like stated before, they're on different "rungs" of the proverbial ladder, and wouldn't fight each other for a while. I'd say give Saunders the winner of Johnson and Burns, while Swick would get the winner of Karo and Don Hyun Kim.
Pitbull09
12/11/08 4:51:34PM
Sanders impressed me since his TUF appearance. In TUF, he seemed to only know leg kicks and kept distance the whole fight. This fight, he was cut like crazy, and kneed the crap out of that guy. I know we didnt get to see much out of it but for how much he has improved shows that he would be a good fight for any newcomer in that division.
Swich is the favorite for that but Sanders could upset.
higdon10
12/11/08 6:29:42PM
I think that Swick would run Saunders over. I want to see Swick fight Rumble Johnson. Now that would be a stand up war.
cryinryan
12/11/08 11:58:52PM
Swick is way too fast. Easy KO victory.
voodoo-jitsu
12/12/08 3:57:05AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by thevoodooninja

no i didnt
mrkennedy
12/12/08 3:01:53PM
swick ud

sauders isnt ready for a opponent of this caliber.
higdon10
12/12/08 4:00:02PM

Posted by mrkennedy
sauders isnt ready for a opponent of this caliber.

Maybe down the road, but he is nowhere near ready now.
bls1919
12/13/08 5:53:38PM
This is the first thing I thought of when i saw Saunders explode on Wolfe. I see this fight ending in Swick eating a knee and going down hard. it would be a huge step up in competition for Saunders and would test his metal.
CwB
12/14/08 7:27:14PM
i would rather see swick move farther up the ladder for a title shot, maybe sanchez.

and how about anthony johnson vs ben saunders
deezyo
12/14/08 8:21:44PM
would be a good one, but i gotta go with saunders