Mike Pyle replaces Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Pyle replaces Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1
jjeans
7/3/13 4:13:38PM
Thiago Alves' road back to the octagon will wait once again.

Alves (19-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) has been forced out of his welterweight bout against Matt Brown (17-11 MMA, 10-5 UFC) at UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in August, and Mike Pyle (25-8-1 MMA, 8-3 UFC) will step in as his replacement. The UFC announced the change on Wednesday. The fight is expected to be part of the six-fight main card.

UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 takes place Aug. 17 at TD Garden in Boston and will be the UFC's debut on the new FOX Sports 1 cable network.

LINK
jjeans
7/3/13 4:17:57PM
Alves/Brown would have been a war.

That said Brown wants to get on his way to a title shot and beating a guy who's a good wrestler, is diverse in submissions, is 8-2 with those 2 losses against top 10 fighters. Is a better matchup to show his potential.

This would be another great win under his belt if you can pull it off.
SamPan
7/3/13 4:23:52PM
Matt Brown's a warrior. I think Alves would've finished him though... and I think Pyle will eek out a decision.
jae_1833
7/3/13 4:35:39PM
If Pyle thinks he can bang with Matt it will be a bad night for him, not sure if he is going to be very successful with takedowns either. I will be looking forward to this one!
Khaos
7/3/13 4:40:17PM
I'd hope Pyle takes him to the ground, I'd trust Mike Pyle to submit Matt Brown before I'd trust him to KO him. Either way though, I think it's Pyle's fight.
sparky
7/3/13 4:46:04PM
Alves hurt again
DrivenDavies15
7/3/13 4:51:04PM
but why? Now I have to wait even LONGER.

Still a good fight here. I think Brown has what it takes to pull out a win here
BillsNewAccount
7/3/13 4:55:50PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!! Brown can't fight a fucking wrestler. He'll lose!!! This is the worst news I have ever heard.
Budgellism
7/3/13 5:08:14PM
Damn. Alves has been injured way too many times in the last couple of years.

Pyle is a solid replacement though.
airkerma
7/3/13 5:10:30PM
F youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Alves is just never healthy.

On the bright side I really like browns chances against pyle. Pyle has been standing and banging like a bro recently. He's been wobbled as well and brown has that killer instinct
prozacnation1978
7/3/13 5:15:14PM
this card is starting to take hits

alves
ring
akira
BillsNewAccount
7/3/13 7:40:30PM

Posted by airkerma

F youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Alves is just never healthy.

On the bright side I really like browns chances against pyle. Pyle has been standing and banging like a bro recently. He's been wobbled as well and brown has that killer instinct

Let us all hope he bangs bro for broness' sake. For it will be a very un-bro day if he doesn't bang bro.
Sir_Karl
7/3/13 9:43:18PM
That's a pisser. I wanted to see Brown beat up Alves.That would have been a crazy fight! I like Mike Pyle. I have to root for Brown in this one though. Hopefully Brown will keep his roll going. Kyle is tough and good though. This should be a good fight. I hope they both look good and earn accolades no matter who wins.
frizzzlecake
7/3/13 11:58:53PM
Thiago needs to get out of ATT, apparently there's banana peels everywhere for him to slip on.
shaneTpain
7/4/13 10:43:27AM
Shame about the Pit Bull BUT this fight is still really sick! Pyle vs Brown!!! I don't know who to pick
Webbie
7/4/13 7:23:35PM
I like this fight almost as much as I liked the original match up. Brown and Pyle will likely put on a show.