Mike Massenzio says CB tapped

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mike Massenzio says CB tapped
gfp2
1/3/09 6:04:18PM
http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=358
nickcuc547
1/3/09 6:08:58PM
well mike massenzio is wrong because cb didn't tap, and then he went on to school him on the ground.
DangerousDjohn
1/3/09 6:46:13PM
CB did tap.
Kpro
1/3/09 7:16:34PM
He was trying to bruise up Massenzio's thigh with open handed palm strikes while working his neck out of the guillotine.
backalley101
1/3/09 7:25:40PM
He did tap
IriShame
1/3/09 7:29:48PM
He tapped. Ref missed it. Let's move on. Does anybody really care about either of these guys? C.B. is not as good as he thinks he is and Massenzio was looking for a way out of that fight from the moment he missed that submission.
Mungooch
1/3/09 7:59:48PM
scoozna
1/3/09 9:06:45PM
video of Massenzio vs. Dolloway

With 3:53 left in the first round, he clearly taps 2 times on Massenzio's left side.

It's so quick though, I question it. If it happened so quick that the ref missed it, I'm willing to overlook it.

But this is the 2nd time now, and it makes me think he panics and taps right away when he's caught real good.
scoozna
1/3/09 9:12:26PM

Posted by IriShame

He tapped. Ref missed it. Let's move on. Does anybody really care about either of these guys? C.B. is not as good as he thinks he is and Massenzio was looking for a way out of that fight from the moment he missed that submission.

Yes, actually I care about these guys and the whole debate. That's why I'm here - to talk about stuff like this as often as I can. I don't want to move on.
voodoo-jitsu
1/3/09 10:21:56PM
i dont care about either of these guys but what i do care about is the fight being called the right way (no mater whos fighting)

and yes he did tap

the only way i see thing like this changing is if thier are 2 refs ...1 in the cage and 1 in the "booth" watching on a monitor

now in saying that................. let the flamming begin
gsquat
1/3/09 10:42:42PM
I would've given CB the befinfit of the doubt if it weren't for the Amir fight.
nickcuc547
1/4/09 12:06:19AM
that was not a tap out, i can't believe this is even an issue.
JimiMak
1/4/09 1:34:05AM
It's stupid. He didn't tap. Is it a tap anytime someone's hand comes down? wtf? I bet y'all also argue that Saku tapped to Royce. Same type of scenario.
Franklinfan47
1/4/09 3:21:34AM
I really think he was just replanting his hand.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
1/4/09 6:42:45AM
and i say CB is the man, in a few yrs I want to see a third rematch of CB and Amir, I like them both and really enjoy watching their battles
bls1919
1/4/09 9:28:33AM
I believe he tapped. All this win does is get CB's head a bit bigger. Can't wait until he fights somone that won't fold like a papper doll when they miss a sub. I think he will fail miserably against tough competition. His Stand up is shaky at best and his wrestling doesnt even look that good. And thats suppposed to be his bread and butter.
ohiostate1016
1/4/09 10:22:33PM

Posted by bls1919

I believe he tapped. All this win does is get CB's head a bit bigger. Can't wait until he fights somone that won't fold like a papper doll when they miss a sub. I think he will fail miserably against tough competition. His Stand up is shaky at best and his wrestling doesnt even look that good. And thats suppposed to be his bread and butter.

Man, I was going to say this almost verbatim.

I used to like CB before I saw him on TUF. I'm glad that he lost to Amir twice in a row, because fighters that can't learn from their mistakes can't grow as fighters. And the worst part is that CB obviously STILL hasn't learned from his two mistakes against Amir, because he almost got caught AGAIN while trying to work ground and pound.

His wrestling IS very suspect, and I don't think that he's adapted it to MMA in a way that will make his wrestling a strong point. He needs to use it to fend off subs on the ground while he's using his gnp, but he obviously hasn't figured that part out yet.
nickcuc547
1/4/09 10:43:56PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by bls1919

Man, I was going to say this almost verbatim.

I used to like CB before I saw him on TUF. I'm glad that he lost to Amir twice in a row, because fighters that can't learn from their mistakes can't grow as fighters. And the worst part is that CB obviously STILL hasn't learned from his two mistakes against Amir, because he almost got caught AGAIN while trying to work ground and pound.

His wrestling IS very suspect, and I don't think that he's adapted it to MMA in a way that will make his wrestling a strong point. He needs to use it to fend off subs on the ground while he's using his gnp, but he obviously hasn't figured that part out yet.

couldn't disagree more, because the guy lost two by the same move in a row he isn't growing, he's won two straight and finished them both, and neither guy is a tomato can. and cb almost got caught in a sub this time because he got rocked, not because he was reckless in his ground work, in fact once he got out of the choke he schooled him on the ground, quickly moved to mount and pounded him out. the guy still has a long way to go, don't get me wrong, but ripping this guy is completely unjustified.
Svartorm
1/4/09 11:45:30PM
I forget where I read this, but when reading about some other refereeing issue, I found a rule saying a "tap out" is three taps in one second, which makes perfect sense. If you really want out, you're not going to tap twice and stop, and with a choke, I think there should be be a bit of leeway, as you're not going to end your career in a choke, whereas an armbar or leg lock might be a different story.

The ref missed it, Massenzio didn't let up and its water under the bridge.
TheNatural915
1/5/09 7:31:13AM
He tapped, same thing with the Amir fight he feels pain so he taps real quick but then tries to say he didn't. Quite frankly this is starting to get annoying but what else is new it's CB.
cmb19932
1/5/09 8:10:35AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

and i say CB is the man, in a few yrs I want to see a third rematch of CB and Amir, I like them both and really enjoy watching their battles

they werent really battles were they
jiujitsufreak74
1/5/09 2:17:49PM
you have to tap 3 times for it to be a tap out (as svatorm said here and i said in the other thread) so it wasn't a tap. was it a fake tap? possibly, a fake tap is an effective strategy. all i know is that it wasn't 3 taps, CB didn't look like he wanted to give in and Massenzio didn't loosen the hold. therefore, he didn't tap imo.
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:24:59PM
I'm with Massenzio on this one, I thought he tapped as well.
EliasG
1/5/09 6:42:36PM
I thought is instinct was to tap because that was pretty tight but then he moved his hips and thought better of it. It released a little pressure...but yeah he was struggling...did you see the oxygen depravation as his head/neck/shoulders all flushed red. He was working it. Props to him for getting out and "lucky' for him the ref didn't catch his tap. It's all good though because he merked him when he got out.
The_Metal_Maniac
1/5/09 10:43:14PM
I'm going to agree with Ken Flo and Franklin McNeil and say CB tapped. He's beginning to make a good run at tapping and then winning.