Mike Kyle vs. Gegard Mousasi confirmed for 'Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Kyle vs. Gegard Mousasi confirmed for 'Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey'
BuffaloDave
1/23/12 3:24:14PM
A light-heavyweight bout between Mike Kyle (19-8-1 MMA, 3-3-1 SF) and Gegard Mousasi (32-3-2 MMA, 3-1-1 SF) will be part of March's "Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey" event.

Kyle today tweeted news of the bout, which will be part of the Ohio card.

Soon after, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the booking with a source close to the event. Although it hasn't been decided if the fight will be for Strikeforce's vacant light-heavyweight title, it will co-headline the show.

LINK
Bubbles
1/23/12 3:47:36PM
Mousasi by ownage
Wallass
1/23/12 4:12:23PM
This is shaping into a card I want to see. Gegard by ownage just as Bubbles stated!
kingsmasher
1/23/12 4:13:18PM
Gegard Mousasi has a great record in MMA but dang he has zero ground game....I could see him getting like 5 losses in a row in the UFC...
Budgellism
1/23/12 7:37:59PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Gegard Mousasi has a great record in MMA but dang he has zero ground game....I could see him getting like 5 losses in a row in the UFC...

He has 0 ground game? Come on man, that's ridiculous.
Bubbles
1/23/12 8:02:28PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kingsmasher

just ignore him. he probably only watched the King Mo fight
DrivenDavies15
1/23/12 8:11:05PM
Always love to see Moussasi fight!. This was the fight I'd hoping they'd put together since Kyle got injured last year.
titlefight
1/23/12 8:30:50PM
You guys are selling Mike Kyle way to short. He is athletic and a powerful striker. Without the. If fear of being subbed he will be able to let those bombs fly.
Budgellism
1/23/12 8:39:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kingsmasher

Lol, it's impossible for me to ignore Kingsmasher's posts. They get me every single time.
Twenty20Dollars
1/23/12 11:43:03PM
Let's stack this card!

Except, didn't anyone else notice this event is the same night as a UFC card on March 3rd? Odd scheduling.
prozacnation1978
1/23/12 11:51:12PM
Ufc needs to scrap this division
With lawal out. U got yourself a four person division
With Kyle, mousasi, osp, and larkin
Might as well make this a title fight
ianinspain
1/24/12 7:03:24AM
I hope this may see Mousasi start to get the recognition he deserves as he is a solid fighter with excellent and rounded skills IMO. His wrestling is solid as is his striking (albeit lazy looking) and he has proved he can finish when he looks in the mood.
gartface
1/24/12 8:50:57AM
He's being wasted in Strikeforce.
kingsmasher
1/24/12 4:46:11PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kingsmasher

Well I mean wrestling and he made Jardine look like an olympic wrestler...
Pookie
1/24/12 8:58:22PM
Jardine failed so many takedowns and got the absolute shit beat out of him that fight.

Mousasi is the best LHW outside of the UFC. And although Kyle has monster power, i think the difference in technique will be apparent from the get-go. I expect Mousasi to boss up Kyle on the feet. I'll probably never pick a non-wrestler to beat him. His hands are the best in the division IMO.