Mike Guymon Confirms Retirement, Will Continue As Trainer

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Guymon Confirms Retirement, Will Continue As Trainer
DCRage
1/25/11 2:34:53PM
UFC welterweight Mike Guymon is officially retired from the sport, and he's "at peace" with that decision. After a tough loss to DaMarques Johnson at this past weekend's "UFC Fight Night 23: UFC Fight for the Troops 2" event at Fort Hood in Texas, Guymon suggested in a UFC.com interview that his retirement was imminent. Today, Guymon, who's healing from rib and back injuries sustained in the fight, confirmed the decision but said he'll continue training other fighters. "It's too hard on my heart and mind," Guymon said. "That's when I knew it was time.
"I'm at peace with retirement. I accomplished all I wanted to accomplish in MMA." Guymon was 12-5-1 career but finished with a 1-3 mark in UFC over his last 4 fights.

Article
FastKnockout
1/25/11 3:21:33PM
I think he could still make a decent fighter against the lower level guys, but hey, it's his life and if he thinks it time then good for him. I'm glad to see he's still staying around the sport.
Aether
1/25/11 7:18:19PM
yeah surprised he doesn't just keep picking up paycheques now and then in some smaller organizations where he'll have significantly easier fights. Good luck to him though.
Bubbles
1/25/11 11:28:58PM
all the best to him. i met him in Montreal at 113 and he is of of the nicest fighters i have ever talked to.