Mike Coughlin looks at Ultimate Fighter season five and the first episode

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mike Coughlin looks at Ultimate Fighter season five and the first episode
zephead
3/21/07 2:47:35PM
“A Look at the First Episode of The Ultimate Fighter 5”

LINK
randyleprechaun
3/21/07 5:48:09PM
This series sounds like the best ever! With a real rivarly between the coaches, a new house and a cast of 16 fighters all fighting to be crowned the Ulimate Fighter including;
a lightweight at 6'3" tall,
Nick Diaz's brother Nate,
Karo Parisiyans cousin &
Joe Louzan, the unknown fighter who shocked the MMA world by k-o'ing Jens Pulver on his comeback fight in the UFC.

CANT WAIT!
waylon_o
3/21/07 7:31:13PM
I can't freaking wait!!! Naturally I'm rooting for Karo's cousin at the beginning, since I'm a judoka myself. I hope Diaz gets his face smashed! And a 6'3'' lightweight...crazy shit. We have a 6'5'' guy in our camp who's at about 165
peppermintfatty
3/21/07 8:50:22PM
Big props to Mike Coughlin of the F4W Empire~! Heavyweight fight camp! Great article Mike.
liverkick
3/22/07 10:23:21AM
Really looking forward to this season, It won't take much to be better than TUF 4.
Rush
3/22/07 10:57:27AM

Posted by waylon_o

I can't freaking wait!!! Naturally I'm rooting for Karo's cousin at the beginning, since I'm a judoka myself. I hope Diaz gets his face smashed! And a 6'3'' lightweight...crazy shit. We have a 6'5'' guy in our camp who's at about 165

Damn, and I thought I was a monster lightweight at 6'0.

This season looks like it will be good. Each season gets better with the fighters being more serious and no more Right-Guard close ups of armpits.

I also hope they keep up the trend of all fighters being the same weight class. I really like the idea of the coaches squaring off in the finale.
MikeCoughlin
3/24/07 2:18:54AM
Biggest moment of my entire writing career~!