Mike Chiappetta not making friends with Hendo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Mike Chiappetta not making friends with Hendo
Shawn91111
11/22/11 4:25:51AM
On twitter..

Mike ChiappettaSorry, I heard that wrong. It was Hendo who didnt want to go out for Rd 4, not Shogun. Trying to work & listen is tricky. Apologies! #UFC139

Dan HendersonThat's bullshit, Mike.

Mike ChiappettaThat is what Stitch said on today's MMA Junkie Radio, I was just repeating what he said. He said he heard it from your cutman.

I also call bullshit on this
VILLIN
11/22/11 7:08:26AM
I don't care how gassed Dan was, there is no way he'd ever even think about giving up between rounds.
Budgellism
11/22/11 9:47:18AM

Posted by VILLIN

I don't care how gassed Dan was, there is no way he'd ever even think about giving up between rounds.

This.
State_Champ
11/22/11 10:10:23AM
I knew it!
Geoffo
11/22/11 1:27:46PM
Henderson rocked Shogun hard in round 3. Why wouldn't he want to go out in round 4?
FlashyG
11/22/11 2:43:03PM
Did anyone here listen to the interview? I can't think of a reason Stitch would make this up, but I also can't picture Hendo quitting on the stool.
jiujitsufreak74
11/23/11 2:10:00PM
Dan Henderson was the one who told Josh Rosenthal it was a 5 round fight in the first place. there is no way he tried to say it was a 3 round fight

"Thanks for all the support and kind words, i truly appreciate it. As far as the "last Round" comment, my paper work for the fight said 3 rounds, My bad. Funny though when Dan told me 3 more rounds. It was an true honor to officiate over true legends of our sport. They both showed how great their hearts are."

After Rosenthal instructed his fighters that round three would be for all the marbles, Henderson was good enough to remind him that in fact, it wasn't, prompting a chuckle out of UFC commentators Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan.

LINK
prophecy033
11/23/11 2:26:12PM
Now way that's true, Hendo would rather lose trying then give up and quit. I call Bullshit as well
prozacnation1978
11/25/11 5:38:16PM
What is said in the corner stays in the corner
Stitch shouldn't have said anything to begin with
FlashyG
11/25/11 6:35:18PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

What is said in the corner stays in the corner
Stitch shouldn't have said anything to begin with

Stitch shouldn't have repeated anything he heard, but its not like there's a shroud of secrecy over what happens in peoples corners...How much privacy do you expect in front of TV cameras and microphones.